Sick... Did vaping cause it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'v been vaping for about 2-3 weeks now and up until monday/tuesday this week the only irritation I've felt is that dry throat - probably from overdoing it and/or not drinking enough water.

Earlier this week my throat felt really bad and I woke up on tuesday with that sore dry throat feeling you get when you've come down with a cold or caught a bug. Sure enough this progressed pretty badly and I feel crap ATM. I've got a dry throat, stuffed and runny nose, minor headache and occasional sore stomach.

I haven't vaped since tuesday but I did vape constantly over the weekend. I haven't been in contact with anyone who has the flu and I haven't done anything that could make me ill. It has nothing to do with switching from analog to e cig because I haven't touched an analog for ages.

I've read that a few other people on this forum have experianced the same thing.

Did I get sick from the vaping? Can overvaping cause the illness? Is it just a coincidence? Thoughts?

Probably is a bug of some sort... BUT I hardly every get sick. Did vaping affect my immune system in some way?

I've been reusing/refilling carts, these could harbour bacteria since they usually are just lying around in my box of ecig goodies. When vaping throughout the day I just throw my pv around - on the desk, on the car seat/console, in my pocket etc and then straight in the mouth. Could the pv itself pick up bacteria that I inhaled when vaping from it?

Tuesday

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
USA
Probably is a bug of some sort... BUT I hardly every get sick. Did vaping affect my immune system in some way?

I've been reusing/refilling carts, these could harbour bacteria since they usually are just lying around in my box of ecig goodies. When vaping throughout the day I just throw my pv around - on the desk, on the car seat/console, in my pocket etc and then straight in the mouth. Could the pv itself pick up bacteria that I inhaled when vaping from it?

It is a good idea to always keep your equipment clean no matter what. If you are ill use new carts and clean your atomizer in Everclear.

ArkyBass

Feb 21, 2010
Arkansas
First post but have been vaping over 2 months this is a great forum..I'm not a doctor but I did watch General Hospital years ago...

Anyway.. this can be associated nicotine withdrawl symptoms.
From Wikopedia:
nicotine withdrawal syndrome Tobacco withdrawal syndrome Substance abuse A condition of mild irritability, headache, and psychological craving associated with the abrupt cessation of nicotine exposure in a nicotine-dependent person.

I personally tried to drop down to 18mg after a couple of weeks and got headaches and sore throught. Went back to 24mg and will stay there and just do other XXmgs for taste or mixing to 24mg.

I do experience some mild throat irritation after heavy vaping, but not vaping to recover will start nicotine with drawl???

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
I haven't vaped since tuesday but I did vape constantly over the weekend. I haven't been in contact with anyone who has the flu and I haven't done anything that could make me ill. It has nothing to do with switching from analog to e cig because I haven't touched an analog for ages.

I've read that a few other people on this forum have experianced the same thing.

Did I get sick from the vaping? Can overvaping cause the illness? Is it just a coincidence? Thoughts?

In the beginning I attributed every ache and pain to vaping--mainly because we don't know the effects of these, but honestly what I am finding are other causes. For example allergies, and the fact that the weather is changing. Seems everybody is getting sick right now. Also, you do not always know if you are in contact with someone who has the flu, some people don't always have visible symptoms. There are all kinds of things that can be caught just in the air or not washing your hands.

I am not a doctor, but if you are seriously concerned I would advise consulting with your physician. :cool:

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Getting some kind of respiratory infection after quitting Cig's, isnt that unusual.
Your lungs and throat are vulnerable while healing from all that tar.

Or at least thats what my doc told me the last time I tried to quit smoking. I ended up with a horribly nasty infection, had to get steroid shots and an inhaler.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem

PG is anti-bacterial, that's why it's used in food products. Viral would be unhindered by PG, though. But...a virus can't live without a host for very long, so unless someone with a virus recently used your PV, that's probably not it.

Last edited:

TwiztidKennyD

Moved On
Mar 30, 2010
Port Saint Lucie, FL
  • Deleted by Warped3k
  • Reason: Member Moved On
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread