Just ordered two eVic kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    Hooray!!

Replacing a broken Anyvape CVI with one kit. It is a black Ovale Kit from eBay. My poor bf has been without a rig for a week!

The second will probably replace my SID as my primary. It's a white kit, also an Ovale version.

Ordered the kits just to get the batteries with them so now we will have four of the pinkies.

I do have a few questions about the evics.

I have read that now the software for them has a Mac compatible version? Is that easy to search and find?

Second I have heard that they can have thread issues over time. What should we be careful about doing? And what accessories would be good to help keep that from happening?

I have heard that using the flat beauty ring caps can help. Does anyone know where I could find a white one? (The black one seems pretty easy to come by.)

I will also be looking for an 18350 tube for my kit. Has anyone found a white one that will thread onto the evic head? (Again the black one, if he wants it, seemed easy to find. Just not the white one.)

Any other advice on how to take care of best, and keep in well working order is very much appreciated.

Thank you so much guys
    Cheers~

sdennislee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2012
    Alaska
    I also have two eVics. The second one has never been used I keep it as a back up in case I ever break the first.

The MVR software is Mac compatible. I run it on my Macbook Air.

Covers: https://www.cignot.com/product_p/evc-acy-all.htm

MVR software, this is also where you download firmware updates for the eVic, current version is 1.4. myVapors

Other eVic stuff:
    eVic - OVALE ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE (e-cigarette)
    Heaven Gifts Electronic Cigarettes eCigarettes eLiquids eJuices - Joyetech eVic VV/VW MOD

18350 Tubes, Sorry haven't found one in white
    Genuine Joyetech/Anyvape eVic/eGo-T 18350 Battery MOD short tube

Be sure to upgrade to 1.4 firmware if yours doesn't ship at 1.4.

irwink

CASAA Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2010
    Norfolk, Virginia, USA
    The most important thing to remember re: the eVic's threads is to not over tighten your delivery device. If you want to go the extra mile buy a 510/ego adapter, thread that into the eVic and leave it in place. Then attach your delivery device to the adapter. The adapters only cost a few $$$ and can be easily found.

KevinW

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Rhode Island
    I have an eVic and love it. The key is not to over tighten anything you put on it. Just screw the topper down until it feels snug and stop.

With my igo-l and Protank II I use this - eGo Cone Cover for DCTank

* take the top cap ring off the eVic and put on the ego thread cover so it lines up with the top of your 510 connection, put your topper on and don't over tighten. Back the ego thread cover up so it is firm against the topper. Take the topper off and replace the eVic's top cap. You will be good to go as the ego thread cover will be in place each time you remove your topper for filling / cleaning.

With a heavy topper such as the AGA-T2 I use the ego thread cover with this as well - Tank Airflow Controller

* both of these units together make for a very solid base for any topper. I have zero concerns for any of my toppers I use on the eVic when using both of these items together... rock solid.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    Well. Had these two for a few weeks. I have to say, totally killer vape. It gets so much love from me. The evic is this totally happy medium between the cheap Chinese processors and the vape wrath of my former provari. (To make that long story short, it hit way too hard for me. I know that's what so many love, but I did not enjoy it.)
    One works 1000% fine.
    The other one, well... I've come to call it Goofy.
    While actually vaping it is still a pleasant experience, and the actual function of the device works well it is having a peculiar problem.
    How do I describe this?
    It happens with any atomizer, no matter the wick or the coil. While it's attached with the evic, the resistance jumps around. Last night I built a coil, tested it, 1.4ohms. Filled it, 1.6. Vaped a bit, 1.9. Set it down, was watching tv, and out of no where evic lights up detecting atomizer, 2.0. Kept watching, it did it again, 2.4. After the show was over I picked it up, 2.7.
    But if I leave the atomizer attached to any other device it's solid at 1.9.
    I don't really understand what's causing this.
    What's more likely? Hardware or software? I don't mind resetting the evic, but I'd like to know if that will fix it.
    I'm just really confused. Any insight?

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    coil resistance will change w/temp increase or decrease but only a slight bit. check ohms w/it stone cold take a strong couple of draws and then check ohms right after and check to see if it changed.

I've seen that before and never thought anything about it. The difference here is that it was sitting unbothered on the table and kept checking the atomizer. Then every time it checked the atomizer, resistance climbed.
    If I unscrewed the atomizer and then back in, it resets. Then, it will start checking and climbing again.
    I've never before seen a 3 wrap coil of 32g wire get up to 2.4ohms let alone 2.7.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread