Switching from Protanks to CartoTanks? In need of a good solution to quit analogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

makasu

Jul 21, 2013
Canada
Hi everyone,

I have been using a Protank 1,2 & 3 with a MVP2/eVIC for quite some time now and have been lurking the forums trying to get a better vape flavour.

My favourite flavour is pineapple, and i went a ahead to get myself a bottle of Vermillion Pineapple eJuice. The juice smells delicious but once i put it into the Protank i cannot really taste the pineapple and only a sweet chemical taste.

So i went back to more you tubing and forum lurking and I have read that mechanical mods with an RBA gives the best flavour and thus i have purchased the VHO Titan and a RBA. I still get that chemical flavour in my vape. :blush:

Back to reading again, I am now convinced that a CartoTank is the setup i should try next. The only cartomizer is have used before is the Innokin AIO and i though it had a strange flavour, even when using my daily hawaiian punch juice.

I am contemplating if i should move the next step and ordering a Provari mini with a Cirrus Pyrex Tank and the Ikenvape 510 Fusion/Plantinums.

Im very confused now and have been breaking the bank trying to quit analogs. Any suggestions would be great on the setup and a strong pineapple juice.

Thanks a million!

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Like you, I started off with the EVOD/PROTANK set up. Did not work out for me at all. As a matter of fact I almost quit vaping and went back to cigs. I came on the forums, read about carto tanks and decided I would give it one more chance. Thanks to Baditude's help I was able to stay of cigs and enjoy vaping.

My set up:

Provari mini
Ibtanked 19mm XL ( 4 of them )
Ibtanked 15mm standard (2 of them )
Ibtanked 22mm standard ( 1 of them )

Total 7 Ibtanked tanks.

So yes, go for the carto tank, you will have a better vaping experience than the clearomizers. Ibtanked in my opinion is the best carto tank you can buy for both quality and less money than some of the other tanks out there.

With that said, to get the best out of your carto tank, the most important part is "priming" your carto. Check out Baditude's blogs on here and you can also see some youtube videos on how you can prime cartos.

3 choices on cartos.

1- Ikenvape - Platinum 2 punched cartos are my favorite. Hard to find since they are usually out of stock. Keep track on twitter to see when they will have them in stock. Possibly this week or soon.

2- Smoketch that Ibtanked sells. I like those also, but they are my back up when Ikenvape supply runs out. I use the 3.2 single coil

3- Bogos - They are good when they work. Quality control is not the best from my experience.

If this is your first carto, I say by the Smok cartos from Ibtanked and practice with them. Once the Ikenvape are available switch over. Who knows, you might like the Smoktech ones better. In the end, no right or wrong, it's all about finding what best works for you.

Hope this post helped you out.

Last edited:

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Sounds to me like you need to open that bottle of juice, put in in a dark closet and let it air out for a few days to a week. Sounds like it has alcohol in it and needs to steep, open. I have to do this with a few of my favorite flavors.

As for the Provari Mini/Carto tanks set up, that what I do 90% of my Vaping with. I I also use some Aspire BDCs on my Minis as well) I also have several IBTanked tanks and can vouch for their great quality at a decent price.

amp79423

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
Lubbock, TX, USA
Definitely read Baditude's setup guide! I'm using a standard provari right now with a ibtanked 22mm xl and the sr platinum mega ikenvape cartos. Make sure you purchase a filling tool - i bought the one from ikenvape and it works well. I'm one of those rather impatient people, and use the "fiddling with your thingy" method to prime the carto once it is in the tank. I tried Bad's method, but I'm too impatient and fiddling got good results for me. I've read on the forums where those will be back in stock soon, so keep checking. I also just got a russian 91 (kayfun style tank rba) that I'm tinkering with to find the perfect setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
You can live without depending on or having to carry a tank tool, and never damage an o-ring with a flangeless carto. At any rate, the following is good to know if you get caught out without your tank tool.

Always install a carto into a tank dull end (connector end) first.

Refill by pushing the 510 connector end down into the tank, leverage it over to the side with the drip tip, and use a dropper to fill along the outside of the carto. When you push it back up into the end cap, it'll be going past the o-ring dull end first.

Replace a clogged or dead carto, even with a full tank, by placing the 510 connector of a new, primed carto into the drip tip end of the old one, push the dull end of the new carto down past the first o-ring, flip the tank over and push the new carto up until the old one pops out the top and the dull end of the new carto slides past the second o-ring. Wipe off the connector and install on the mod.

If you want the ultimate in convenience when refilling, use a drip tip that will slide through the end cap. That way, you can just lift the tank up until the top end cap is just above the top of the drip tip, push the tank over, and refill with a dropper. Slide the tank back down and wipe the drip tip off. Of course, you want a drip tip top that will be easy on the o-ring.

The only caveat to using a flangeless carto is you have to remember not to try to pull the drip tip off unless the carto is threaded into a mod. If it isn't, you can pull the carto out of the tank and have a mess.

Hope this helps.

amp79423

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
Lubbock, TX, USA
You can live without depending on or having to carry a tank tool, and never damage an o-ring with a flangeless carto. At any rate, the following is good to know if you get caught out without your tank tool.

Thanks for the tip! That would have come in handy on a few occasions. The tool I would suggest is linked below. $2.50 - unnecessary, but makes life a bit easier.

https://www.ibtanked.com/accessories/tool/black-anodized-refilling-drip-tip-detail

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Since others have already posted the links to my blogs, I'll just post pics of IBTanked. :)

MVP_IBTanked.jpg ibt.jpg IBTanked-large-small.jpg IBTankedXL22.jpg IBTanked25mmsb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread