Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slobalt7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Murika
For my first mechanical mod I am going the fasttech route and have narrowed down my choices by cosmetics I am not sure if there is really a performance difference but which would be best/better in your humble opinions? I know telescoping mods are best for fitting batteries of different sizes but I only want to stay with one size. Also I prefer ego style button placement but have never used anything with different placement aside from an MVP 2.0. The Poldiac is my favorite in terms of cosmetics but if any of the others are better feel free to tell me why.

Here are the ones I really like:

$24.20 Poldiac Mechanical Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - removable top cap at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$27.00 Chi-you Mechanical Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - silver-plated contacts at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$24.00 Astro Mechanical Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$23.40 S1000 Mechanical Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - 1*airhole at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I don't know how to turn this into a poll so if it doesn't work right I am sorry.

scrappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Seattle
The Poldiac clone is nothing like the real deal. I have both the Chi-you and Nemesis clones. I like the Nemesis much more because it's lighter, isn't going to short with any battery, is easier to set up because it doesn't have a telescoping pin, has silver plated contacts, and the throw on the switch is a tiny bit longer. (gives me a little more comfort when I forget to lock it and throw it in my pocket.) If you're going to get a Chi-you clone then get the one that has reverse threading on the lock ring. Fasttech has it listed but won't allow you to add it to your cart. I've been checking periodically for a couple months now. I don't know if they're going to sell them again. Fasttech listed a new Chi-you with silver contacts but I haven't looked into it yet. Build quality on both the Chi-you and Nemesis are exceptionally good, I'd say 99% of what the originals are.

If it was my money I'd get the Nemesis clone or a smok natural. My natural has never fired in my pocket and I never locked it. But you'll have to mod it if you want atomizers to sit flush.

Sorry but I don't have any experience with the other mods.

fullsleeve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
nj
spend a little more than youre looking at. get either a smoktech natural or the EA clone from ehpro. the ea is bad ... and has super minimal voltage drop. take a 500 battery so its not super big. button is smooth and easy to hit with a pink, the sliding positive pin means you can set your attys up exactly how you want too.

JuiceIsLoose

Apr 21, 2013
United States
I will find out tomorrow!

Broke my Kamry K100 (first mod) yes, I am very hard on things. My Vape Lair is the garage with genuine cement floors which tend to be very hard on vape gear. My EHPro will arrive tomorrow and at least I don't have to worry about a bottom switch crushing the negative on a battery when I drop it (don't ask) Nice that I can get replacement switches and I'll run a 510 to Ego adapter for my Aro tanks at 1.8 ohms.

The press fit head on my K100 got loose and I didn't like that the switch could crush the battery--so I went with the EHPro EA Mod. Stainless steel pipe, a side switch that does not touch the battery and an adapter so it can be sheered off or cross threaded--I think that should work. Since the Aro tank is sheethed in metal and is a smaller diameter than the EHPro, it is protected from drops.

Now to find a mod with an air bag... or quit cranking tunes, drinking beer, BBQ'ing while vaping and enjoying life.

+1 for nemesis clone. from everything i have read and watched, it performs just as well, or better than, the real deal. the only gripe anyone ever has is the button clicking when you hit it from an angle instead of directly in the center. that's fixable with a set of magnets that cost about a buck. just got mine today, and it is a pretty gorgeous piece of cloneage. put a fogger v3 on top, and it's a vapor-producing machine. if you want to go the way of dripping, a trident looks equally good on the nemisis. i have a kick in mine set at 12 watts, a 1.3ohm coil and cotton build in the fogger, and i couldn't be happier with another mod....may buy a couple more in case they start jacking up prices....or maybe get one in all 3 finishes (brass, stainless, mixed).

scrappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Seattle
+1 for nemesis clone. from everything i have read and watched, it performs just as well, or better than, the real deal. the only gripe anyone ever has is the button clicking when you hit it from an angle instead of directly in the center. that's fixable with a set of magnets that cost about a buck. just got mine today, and it is a pretty gorgeous piece of cloneage. put a fogger v3 on top, and it's a vapor-producing machine. if you want to go the way of dripping, a trident looks equally good on the nemisis. i have a kick in mine set at 12 watts, a 1.3ohm coil and cotton build in the fogger, and i couldn't be happier with another mod....may buy a couple more in case they start jacking up prices....or maybe get one in all 3 finishes (brass, stainless, mixed).

The clicking happens when the spring in the switch isn't centered. You can see the spring if you look at it from the side. Rotate it around and you can see where the spring isn't centered. Push it around with something like a paperclip and you're good to go. The only thing that sucks is any sideways impact will move that spring again.

Slobalt7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Murika
Sorry for not keeping with the thread, got a FT Bolt and gave it away, center pin on the connector was too recessed for my heads, ended up finding a brass Sentinel Clone for $20 on ebay(US seller) got it and it is now my go to. I have to say I love the build quality and finish, with no battery it is definitely wobbly but with a battery it has an awesome feel and weight to it. Also metered it to have a .101 resistance on a 4.19V battery and the aluminum Bolt couldn't hold a candle having a .260 resistance on a 4.03 battery according to my DDM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread