Considering to purchase an eRoll

Status
Not open for further replies.

UserLuxembourg

Jul 19, 2011
Luxembourg
Hey Folks!
So I'm looking into buying an eRoll for outdoor use.
I've got a couple of questions:
1. Might some of you know the cheapest place to order from to Europe (Luxembourg, if you haven't found out by my unoriginal user name)?
2. How long do the attys last? How often do I need to change them (since they're pretty expensive)
3. I've found this (TANK PACK DESIGN Essential accessories for eRoll) to hold the cartridges while taking as less place as possible, is it worth it? With something like that, does one still need Joyetech's case? I know the case is supposed to hold one more eRoll, but that leads me to my next question.
4. Is it necessary to carry a second eRoll around if the PCC charges the first one up so quickly? I mean, what would would I do with to 90mAh batteries if I can only charge one up, and the charge only takes half an hour? I think I'd really have to be in a desperate need for a vape :)
5. Does the paint come off easily? I've had bad aesthetic experiences with painted batteries in the past, so I usually stick to the stainless ones. But the black battery would look so nice!
6. Do the atty body and the tank cartridges need to be replaced often or at all?

From what I've read, the eRoll is the best choice right now regarding cig-a-likes, but with so many different models around, you're never sure...

Thanks for your feedback!

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
1. Might some of you know the cheapest place to order from to Europe (Luxembourg, if you haven't found out by my unoriginal user name)? Sorry, can't help there.
2. How long do the attys last? How often do I need to change them (since they're pretty expensive) It depends on your juice and how much you vape, I vape 70/30 or 50/50 with a bit of distilled water in it and pretty much chain vape. My attys last a good 3 weeks before needing cleaning but some clean them every couple of days or less. I'm still using the ones I first purchased 6 or so months ago.
3. I've found this (TANK PACK DESIGN Essential accessories for eRoll) to hold the cartridges while taking as less place as possible, is it worth it? With something like that, does one still need Joyetech's case? I know the case is supposed to hold one more eRoll, but that leads me to my next question. Personally, I don't use it because I carry too many batts but many here do.
4. Is it necessary to carry a second eRoll around if the PCC charges the first one up so quickly? I mean, what would would I do with to 90mAh batteries if I can only charge one up, and the charge only takes half an hour? I think I'd really have to be in a desperate need for a vape I chain vape and like the vary my flavors plus don't like to fill tanks when out so 20 minutes isn't enough for me. Also, who wants to be out and have their battery die? I carry a minimum of 8 filled Erolls when out and about. Kind of like carrying a pack of smokes.
5. Does the paint come off easily? I've had bad aesthetic experiences with painted batteries in the past, so I usually stick to the stainless ones. But the black battery would look so nice! I think it just depends on what that batch quality was. Some here have experienced paint problems but I haven't and I have over a dozen batts.
6. Do the atty body and the tank cartridges need to be replaced often or at all? Not the atty sleeve but the tanks need replacing or the ends do which you can buy seperately. I think the price is 10 in a box for those or 5 in a box for the whole tanks. Each box is about the same price so, of course, replacing cap ends is more economical. The reason for needing to replace is because the hole the atty fits in eventually become stretched.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
1. Sorry, I don't know the European vendors.

2. Atty life varies quite a bit. I only get a week at most from an atty, but some people get weeks or months (I envy them!). It's not that they die, it's that they clog up. They can be opened up and cleaned and you can replace the wick, but it takes a bit of patience to do either of those things and the success rate varies.

3. I saw one person comment before that they'd bought that tank pack and it was great, even if over-priced. One thing to keep in mind is that tanks get condensation on the outside of them when vaping. So if you pull an empty tank off your eRoll, you'd probably have to wipe it off before sticking it in to that holder.

When I first got my eRoll, I carried extra tanks, but then I found it as easier to just carrying a small needle-tip bottle of juice (and refill the tank) rather than swap tanks. Unless you're driving—then it's better to swap tanks.

4. It's not necessary to carry 2 eRolls, no. I always do, but it depends on how much you vape. If you're the type of vaper than vapes for a few minutes then waits 20 or 30 minutes to vape again, you'd probably be fine with a single eRoll and PCC. I think it's like 7 charges you get from the PCC before it needs recharging itself. Oh and you can grab the eRoll off the PCC to grab a couple puffs before it's fully charged if you want to.

5. I mostly use the silver batteries, which have no paint to chip. But I do have 2 black ones and one of them is just starting to look a little worn after a few months of use. I'm sure the paint integrity is somewhat dependent on how you store it and how often you handle it. I wouldn't say it chips easily, though. It's just that it can happen eventually.

6. By "atty body", do you mean the sleeve (aka "cone") that fits around the atomizer? If so, no, they don't really wear out. If you have a black or white one, the paint could start to chip off of them over time, but that's about all that can go wrong with them. If you mean the atomizer itself (it uses an eGo-C type A atomizer), yes, they can wear out. It's not that the exterior of them gets worn, it's that the coil inside may hit a point that you just can't get it clean and functioning well again.

There's one piece on the tank cartridge that does wear out often: the end cap—the piece that has the hole that that fits onto the spike of the atty. We used to have to replace tanks because of that, but some vendors have started selling replacement end caps. They're cheap, so you can buy a little baggie of those and just swap them like once a week on your tank to keep it fitting snug on the atty.

The eRoll is a fantastic little ecig. I think you'll love it.

Last edited:

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
I chain vape and like the vary my flavors plus don't like to fill tanks when out so 20 minutes isn't enough for me. Also, who wants to be out and have their battery die? I carry a minimum of 8 filled Erolls when out and about. Kind of like carrying a pack of smokes.

I'm with you. I always carry more than I need because I worry about equipment failure or losing an eRoll. When I head out, I carry 2 eRolls, 2 PCCs, a 5ml needle tip bottle of juice and I even carry a 510 with a mini eGo battery with me as a back up. I… like to vape :D

UserLuxembourg

Jul 19, 2011
Luxembourg
Thanks everybody!
Unfortunately, depending on the ecig model, europeans are disadvantaged since not every model is evenly spread across the world, and the US have more choice as other countries, as usual, so it makes everything more difficult.

Patkin: I try not to chain vape, but to be as moderate as possible (I like to challenge myself), so if I continu vaping like I always have, the battery wouldn't have the time to discharge completely, that's what I hope at least. Before, I had three Sideshos with a PCC, and I would usually empty two batteries and 4 cartos on a normal day, three batteries and 5 cartos on weekends.
I think the philosophy of the eRoll is to be as close as possible to analogs, hence the weak/small battery and the super PCC, studied to take out the eRoll and put it back in. But to each their habits! I do think though that I could adapt to the philosophy I just described, forcing me to vape a little less and hence to save more money :)

Telsie: The atty thing is most important to me since I can't buy them at a shop and need to order them online. If 5 atties cost 20 bucks, I'll have to pay the same amount for the delivery again, which can get very expensive if I don't order a whole lot of atties at once. I think I'll order one pack of 5 atties, see how it goes, then adapt my orders according to that experience.
And I did talk about the sleeves, the websites I consulted just referred to them as "bodies".
I think it's on the dutch Joyetech website that I saw caps, and I wondered why they would only sell these, thanks for that info :)
I don't know about Joyetech's customer service, I'll ask them if they can't just give me a few caps..
As far as the case goes, if you only need one eRoll, I guess I could put cartridges in the extra slot, like 2 or 3 max? I doubt that's enough for a whole day or night out though...

UserLuxembourg

Jul 19, 2011
Luxembourg
Yeah, the TankPack is great, even though it is over-priced. I love mine.
Johnnie, I see you have Modern Vapor PCC's on your profile pic! That's what I was vaping before, and I was very satisfied with that brand except for the ....ty quality of the batteries which would die way too quickly, hence my change! The vaping experience was great though, how would you compare the eRoll to to the Sidesho?

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
When I wanted something to carry extra tanks for the eRoll, I just looked around at a drugstore at the dental supplies. Found some dental floss holders from Oral-B that come in a split plastic case that is just the right size to store about 5 or 6 eRoll tanks, with a snap closure ...

A fat ballpoint pen or felt tip marker might work too, if it has the right inside diameter, after taking out the pen cartridge. And it looks innocent ... :D

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
One thing I forgot to mention: eRoll kits usually come with only one atomizer sleeve even though you get two batteries, atomizers and tanks. Even if you think you'd be fine with a single eRoll, I highly recommend buying an extra sleeve so you have the option to assembled two eRolls. What if you lose your eRoll? You'd have a second battery and a second tank and a second atomizer, but they'd be useless without that little tube over the atomizer. (This assumes you buy from a vendor that doesn't throw in the extra sleeve. Some do.)

Andy Morris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
West Yorkshire UK

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA

That looks more durable than what I found, but I wanted a plastic case. Gotta go through metal detectors at work, and don't want to take time to educate a new security guard if they don't know about PVs, or consider them "dangerous" .

The eRoll in the Joytech case looks like a cell phone, and has never drawn attention. But a metal box would be scutinized by people who are inclined to question anything they can't immediately recognize as an everyday possession ...

There's probably a lot of small plastic containers at any big drug store, for stuff that you might buy anyway ...

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Johnnie, I see you have Modern Vapor PCC's on your profile pic! That's what I was vaping before, and I was very satisfied with that brand except for the ....ty quality of the batteries which would die way too quickly, hence my change! The vaping experience was great though, how would you compare the eRoll to to the Sidesho?
It's actually been a while since I used the Sidesho. My PCC stopped accepting a charge and I never bothered to replace it. There are 2 things I like better about the eRoll: it's easier to charge and change out tanks, and it can use LR atomizers. No matter how much I looked, I couldn't find an LR atomizer or cartomizer for the j108/l88b batteries. The closest I found were the 306 atties, and they're a millimeter larger than the Sidesho. It just felt funky.

An eRoll with a LR atomizer is damn near perfect for me. The battery life still isn't that great; I'd say a Sidesho may have lasted a little bit longer. But that's where the PCC comes in, because the eRoll is so much easier to charge and use than a standard stick battery. I could go on a road trip across country with my PCC, 2 batteries and my tank pack without ever having to pull over to change anything out.

Yep, I got all of that, I think I'll be able to afford the extra sleeve ;)
Oh, yet another question!
How to the auto batteries cope with noise? My Sideshos would go off by themselves due to loud music and bass, which was very annoying!
You must have had the older model Sidesho. The newer model has a much better switch that doesn't auto activate. The eRoll is the same way. I've yet to have it go off for any reason except when I vape on it.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Johnnie does the LR atomizer drain your battery quicker? I don't buy them for my eRoll because I assumed they're intended for the bigger bat eGo-C or eCab. Didn't think a 90mAh eRoll battery could support LR.
Probably so. I find that my battery needs charging by the time I need to change tanks, or shortly after. I've only had the eRoll for about a month, but I've been dripping on LR eGo-C atties since March of last year and haven't even touched a SR atty since. I never even tried the atties that came with my kit.

The eRoll supports the LR atty just fine. A nice hot vape and a good kick. Give it a whirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread