Halo Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuljit

Moved On
Jan 4, 2014
I've been vaping for almost 2 months and Halo has been home for me as far as juice goes. But I'm curious..if the past is any indication, how often do they come out with new juices? I've watched reviews of people trying "the new juice from Halo" from a year or so ago. What has the interval been, or is it just whenever they decide they like something enough to sell it?

Penguins17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Well, if you look through the old (very old) threads you can see very few of the original juices are still around. You have been vaping longer than I have, so I can't give too much input. But the vets will swoop in soon to answer your questions, and hey, if you try other juices your not a traitor, it will just show you how good the halo juices are.

They usually give away free samples of new flavors before they start selling it to see how people like it and they use that to judge if they should mass produce it for sale.

Kuljit

Moved On
Jan 4, 2014
if you try other juices your not a traitor, it will just show you how good the halo juices are.

I have tried many others and Halos are just outstanding for me. Boba's Bounty is great but it made my wicks fall apart within a couple of days. I have a few others in my rotation from a local B&M, but Longhorn and Torque are my favs by far. I always come back to them and fall in love all over again ;p

Penguins17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
My 7ml sample of Sub-Zero was absolutely amazing, and it tasted just like I wanted a perfect menthol juice to taste like. My 30ml bottle I just got feels like it has 2-3 times the menthol as the sample and is almost unbearable. I am going to try to work it down with some Turkish or maybe another menthol flavor.

Is there some sort of reasoning behind this? The flavor and smell is the same, but the menthol has become overpowering. Maybe a steep would help a bit but would it diminish the menthol like I want it to, or would it only kill the taste, or both?

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I agree with the penguin. I had great memories of the first 7ml samples, like tribeca and belgian. But the 30ml is different. I can't explain it. From cinders posts, there is a lot of quality control. They steep the juice at the lab.

Of course, it very well could be a combo of my changing tastes, and selective memories of the good old days. Some 120 ago...

Penguins17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I don't think it is changing taste buds, considering it was two days ago I ran out of the sample. Everyone says that the Sub-Z is wayyy to strong, but I didn't get that, with the sample, but this 30ml is like getting hit with a truck, made entirely out of menthol. So I am thinking the sample was the one that was off, and not the big bottle.

I still think the other menthol's are not mentholy enough so I guess I will use it as a mixer to add some kick and see if I can't find a mix to mimic what I had from the sample.

Penguins17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Okay, I have a question here...

Halo's definition of Tribeca is that is basically an RY4 (they even say it), why don't they call it that like every single other company?

Just to be different? To feel special? Or are they adding something 'special' to give it it's uniqueness?

To clarify an RY4 is a tobacco base with caramel and vanilla, which is EXACTLY what halo claims it to be.

Either way, it is a kicka$$ juice, and I like that they don't follow everyone else and give it the same generic name, I just wonder why.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH

Halo's definition of Tribeca is that is basically an RY4 (they even say it), why don't they call it that like every single other company?

Just to be different? To feel special? Or are they adding something 'special' to give it it's uniqueness?

To clarify an RY4 is a tobacco base with caramel and vanilla, which is EXACTLY what halo claims it to be.

Either way, it is a kicka$$ juice, and I like that they don't follow everyone else and give it the same generic name, I just wonder why.

Tribeca has some of the same components of an ry4, but that term has become so generic and ry4 can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. I've had a few where all you taste is sugar, one that was just caramel, one that was just tobacco with barely any sweetness. So I think that halo just wants to be set apart from the generic term of ry4 because it's not like any ry4 I've had

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Tribeca has some of the same components of an ry4, but that term has become so generic and ry4 can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. I've had a few where all you taste is sugar, one that was just caramel, one that was just tobacco with barely any sweetness. So I think that halo just wants to be set apart from the generic term of ry4 because it's not like any ry4 I've had

Halo always has to be different. TriBeCa is the most imitated juice out there, and it always ranks high.

Just like Halo's proprietary threads on the tank. I don't know if you can even find an adapter that lets you use a Triton tank on any other battery. There are adapters for the halo bats to use other tanks, but not the other way around. This upsets non Halons to no end, as they hear of the great vape from Triton tanks, but can't try them.

Having said that, I'm glad I do have Triton bats and tanks. I'm more than satisfied.

Penguins17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I wouldn't say it is imitated, because they were not the first to make it, they just do it WAY better than anyone else.

I get the caramel and vanilla on the inhale and the exhale has an almost walnut, or hazelnut taste, it is really hard to put my finger on it. Although, a few minutes into the tank and the taste changes and I start to lose the caramel and gain more of a nutty flavor.

-----

Also, I was wrong about steeping not effecting the menthol... That Sub-Z that was wayyy to overpowering spent the night in a tank, and this morning it is back to exactly what I had gotten from the sample.... Pure satisfaction :lol: yum!

Never believe anything you hear on the internet... but I had that on the internet. Paradox!

Last edited:

Reverend Brimstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2013
New Orleans

I got an RY4 from a local shop, and I swear it tasted like Campbell's vegetable soup. Not pleasant, honestly.

Sent from my Sonic Screwdriver using telepathy.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
"Most" decent RY4s will have a good blend of the caramel and the vanilla to the tobacco.
I've had some that were outright horrid, and most B&M RY4s are in that category of horrid (see the Rev's post). I've managed to mix up a few variants of RY4s that I personally really enjoy (adding cherry (not the cough drop tasting variety, either) or peach to the flavor is pretty good, IMHO). Tribecca, like you noticed has a slight "nuttiness" to it, that almost any other RY4 will not have. I've yet to see a successful vendor/ B&M made 'Becca clone (thankfully). I also on occasion pick up some minor whiffs and notes of a chocolate in it, but its really in the background.

I think its the complexity that I like about it, same with almost every other Halo juice, nice complex flavors. Even the ones like Torque and Turkish are more than one flavor ponies.

Cinder Ella

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
www.halocigs.com
Hi!

For the most part we release new flavors when we create something fantastic enough to be labeled Halo! We try to release one a quarter or so but it doesn't always happen and sometimes it happens more often.

Just for reference:
4/12 - Belgian Cocoa
7/12 - Kringle's Curse
7/12 - Mystic Menthol
8/12 - Longhorn
9/12 - Cafe Mocha
9/12 - Shamrock
10/12 - Twisted Java
2/13 - Subzero
7/13 - Voodoo
8/13 - Southern Classic

Rumor has it we will be releasing another flavor soon :)

I've been vaping for almost 2 months and Halo has been home for me as far as juice goes. But I'm curious..if the past is any indication, how often do they come out with new juices? I've watched reviews of people trying "the new juice from Halo" from a year or so ago. What has the interval been, or is it just whenever they decide they like something enough to sell it?

Cinder Ella

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
www.halocigs.com
We're a creative bunch! Though our Tribeca is an RY4-ish flavor we like to think there's a little something special in it that sets it apart a bit :)

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
I love the Tribeca, but after Longhorn, I'm a bit leery of trying new halo tobacco flavors. I realize that taste is subjective, but the flavors I get from Longhorn are so profoundly different than the description that I am a bit confounded. It's described on the site as "a rich fire-cured tobacco e-liquid blend offering a robust tobacco flavor with exceptional throat hit" and "bordering on a "light cigar", but it tasted like perfume out of the bottle, and after a couple days with the lid off now tastes like a very heavily honeyed herbal tea. I get less of a throat hit from it than Tribeca. The only one I feel all that comfortable buying blind at this point, is the Belgian Cocoa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread