Is Innokin Working On?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
An iTaste MVP 3.0? I ask because I found yet another B&M shop in my area that carries more of a variety of mods than the other B&M store I bought my most recent mod from. They seem to specialize in very high end mods from the Philippines and Malaysia, as well as some more familiar names: Jvapes Eliquid, ejuice, ecig kits, vaping accessories, supplies

Anyway, the website claims they have the iTaste MVP 2.0 in stock. I thought about going down and picking one up just for poops n' giggles to find out how I like it. After watching some reviews on youtube, a few things the iTaste has at the moment might irritate me, such as the non-removable battery, hard to press button, and the iffy variable wattage.

So my question is this, seeing as how the MVP 2.0 was released last year, is Innokin already in the process of working on an MVP 3.0? If so, would it be more beneficial to wait for the new model, or should I go ahead and get the MVP 2.0 for the hell of it considering the price?

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
In my opinion you won't find a better mod at that price point... as far as the hard button press this is really a non issue. Sure it's not a touch switch and you do have to actually press it to fire but the amount of force needed is not that great. I've had mine for around 4 months and love it and have never had wattage issues. At the price that these are now you can't beat it and if they release the MVP 3 soon I'm sure I will pick one of those up as well. Just my :2c:

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
I'm still using the first version of the MVP and it still works great. :)

(had to fix the connection, but good as new).

Still have my MVP1 around it's a good mod :) innokin is making a new product called the daisy. They posted a preview on facebook, and it kind of reminded me of feminine hygiene products :oops:

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
An iTaste MVP 3.0? I ask because I found yet another B&M shop in my area that carries more of a variety of mods than the other B&M store I bought my most recent mod from. They seem to specialize in very high end mods from the Philippines and Malaysia, as well as some more familiar names: Jvapes Eliquid, ejuice, ecig kits, vaping accessories, supplies

Anyway, the website claims they have the iTaste MVP 2.0 in stock. I thought about going down and picking one up just for poops n' giggles to find out how I like it. After watching some reviews on youtube, a few things the iTaste has at the moment might irritate me, such as the non-removable battery, hard to press button, and the iffy variable wattage.

So my question is this, seeing as how the MVP 2.0 was released last year, is Innokin already in the process of working on an MVP 3.0? If so, would it be more beneficial to wait for the new model, or should I go ahead and get the MVP 2.0 for the hell of it considering the price?

To answer your question, if you want to play the wait for the next version game you will never own anything. Any company that makes a successful product is always working on the next version often even before the previous versions launches. Despite product launches this year, I can almost promise you in some fashion Sony is already working on the PS5, Microsoft is already working on the Xbox 2. I assume the ecig industry is the same.

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
The button issue really illustrates how Phil can influence people.

One of mine was dropped in the a bucket of water and the button is messed up. Now that one is really hard to push. It still works though. It's also 6 months old and still holds a charge for 2 days at 11 watts. It's easily the best value in the vaping world.

Last edited:

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado

I think you'll find the built in battery to be a convenience. If I were you I'd try to get a version 1. Great (ok not great, but easy to push) button. No VW, but who cares. I wouldn't look for a version 3 to come out any time soon.

One last thing about the version 2 button. Yeah, it is harder to press. I've tried both and don't care for the version 2 button. It's not really a deal breaker by any means and if you started off with the version 2 you likely would even realize it. Although if I had to buy another MVP, I'd look for a version 1.

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
The button issue really illustrates how Phil can influence people.

One of mine was dropped in the a bucket of water and the button is messed up. Now that one is really hard to push. It still works though. It's also 6 months old and still holds a charge for 2 days at 11 watts. It's easily the best value in the vaping world.

Pbusardo (Phil) is one of my favorite reviewers on youtube. After watching his video on the MVP2, I was a little wary of the button press when I got mine. However the button has been no trouble at all, nice and light with a clicky feel. I've had mine for 3 months and can't wait to buy another one! Anxiously waiting for 101vapes to get them back in stock!

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Alright, well thanks for the recommendations, I may just end up getting one today. I suppose if Innokin releases an MVP 3.0 around the same price range, I could definitely see myself just scooping one of those up in the future. :D

I bought V1 shortly before V2 came out. It's hard to keep up with all of the stuff coming out, new versions ect. It's now my backup and I am glad I bought it. The only thing that made wish I'd bought V2 was the lack of an ohm checker :( Those are nice, but I don't use my MVP much anymore so meh..no biggie.

CShaver

Cloudy Flavor All Day
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Swoyersville, PA
If you're adamant about ordering the MVP 2 today, do yourself a favor and shop around. I know you said you'd be going to a B&M to have it today, but if you can wait a few days, you can save some money. I know mtbakervapor.com has the same kit for 10$ cheaper, with a free bottle of their juice, and you can use the discount code for 10% off, which I think is ecf10. So that would save you a total of 15$ minus shipping.

Now if 101vape.com would finally get more in stock, I would be picking one up right now even though have no use for it yet. At $39.99 you can't go wrong.

-EDIT-

Now if you're ok with paying $69.99, you can order the VTR from 101vape.com. It has the removable battery you mentioned.

Last edited:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I use my MVP 1 to lend out to family and freinds..new vapors to try out.......other wise it stays in the door of my truck for an emergency back up....good for camping trips. Mine is closing in on a year old.

If they are working on making changes, I would think a round/tube type long lasting mod to be in order.

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
If you're adamant about ordering the MVP 2 today, do yourself a favor and shop around. I know you said you'd be going to a B&M to have it today, but if you can wait a few days, you can save some money. I know mtbakervapor.com has the same kit for 10$ cheaper, with a free bottle of their juice, and you can use the discount code for 10% off, which I think is ecf10. So that would save you a total of 15$ minus shipping.

Now if 101vape.com would finally get more in stock, I would be picking one up right now even though have no use for it yet. At $39.99 you can't go wrong.

-EDIT-

Now if you're ok with paying $69.99, you can order the VTR from 101vape.com. It has the removable battery you mentioned.

Wish I would have seen this post earlier :/.

Oh well, ordering online is a bit of an issue at the moment, so I went ahead and went to the Mortar and Brick store and picked one up. Failed to mention I was a first time customer, probably could have gotten a discount, but shiny toy syndrome took over lol. I gotta say I'm pretty impressed with it, feels just right in my hand, the button location is perfect for me, and the button press doesn't trouble me at all. I'm using the pyrex tank from my mod, works perfectly with it...I don't know if I'll use the iClear 30 very often what with the polycarbonate tank, but I'll probably break it out if I want to tinker with it. The performance rivals that of my more expensive mechanical tube mod, and even beats it if I puff on it right. I'm just getting started with this thing, I have it set to 3.8v and the base wattage level as I haven't touched that yet. I also haven't checked the resistance level of the tank I'm using yet, but I'll break out the manual and read it later. Plus, I'm sure if I have any questions, I can always ask you fine folks :)

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
Pbusardo (Phil) is one of my favorite reviewers on youtube. After watching his video on the MVP2, I was a little wary of the button press when I got mine. However the button has been no trouble at all, nice and light with a clicky feel. I've had mine for 3 months and can't wait to buy another one! Anxiously waiting for 101vapes to get them back in stock!

I've noticed Phil gets a lot of stuff before it's on the market, so you have to look around at other reviews sometimes, too. Innokin loves Phil, he always gets their news stuff early.

As for an MVP v3, I'd have to think there would need to be something for them to justify it - smaller size, bigger battery, some new function, like getting into DNA 30/40, or a more steady pulse like the ProVari...but keeping it at the price point it's at. They could easily get another year out of the MVP with no updates. Smaller, they already have the VV V3. Bigger, they have the 18650 based mods. Built in tank, they have that.

It's a winner of a design, why screw with it?

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
Wish I would have seen this post earlier :/.

Oh well, ordering online is a bit of an issue at the moment, so I went ahead and went to the Mortar and Brick store and picked one up. Failed to mention I was a first time customer, probably could have gotten a discount, but shiny toy syndrome took over lol. I gotta say I'm pretty impressed with it, feels just right in my hand, the button location is perfect for me, and the button press doesn't trouble me at all. I'm using the pyrex tank from my mod, works perfectly with it...I don't know if I'll use the iClear 30 very often what with the polycarbonate tank, but I'll probably break it out if I want to tinker with it. The performance rivals that of my more expensive mechanical tube mod, and even beats it if I puff on it right. I'm just getting started with this thing, I have it set to 3.8v and the base wattage level as I haven't touched that yet. I also haven't checked the resistance level of the tank I'm using yet, but I'll break out the manual and read it later. Plus, I'm sure if I have any questions, I can always ask you fine folks :)

YOU WILL LOVE THAT MOD.... I personally think Busardo made way to big a deal about it but maybe that's just me...As far as the watts being off, all VW mods that operate at .5 increments will lack in accuracy.

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
I bought V1 shortly before V2 came out. It's hard to keep up with all of the stuff coming out, new versions ect. It's now my backup and I am glad I bought it. The only thing that made wish I'd bought V2 was the lack of an ohm checker :( Those are nice, but I don't use my MVP much anymore so meh..no biggie.

Same here, I got the MPV 1, at the same price as the 2. I still love it - nothing lasts on a charge as long as it does, since I don't use it that much, it can go a week or more off the charger.

It's the ultimate back up mod - even if it's dead in the drawer, you can vape by passthrough charging it, if your better toys are broken.

And, it'll recharge your cell phone and tablet. That's hard to top.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
They lightened the fire button on the V2 about a month in to production. It is much easier to push now. Phil really should do an update.

Your going to love your new little box. Push both buttons for Resistance and holding them longer will give you battery V. If you have any questions on your MVP check out the MVP owners thread. Tons of knoledge on this device there.

Welcome to the ranks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread