Aspire nautilus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrford

Jan 22, 2014
Col OH
hello all I went to the Itaste mvp 2.0 from the ego twist. LOVE IT... I am currently running the aspire bdc ce5. I vape mostly vg and this dual coil is amazing for anything I put through it. I also have tried going a different rough all together and went with a Trident and I still feel the aspire is better.

My question is has anyone tried the nautilus? Or more importantly has anyone put one on an mvp? Do you have any pics? Feedback? I love my aspire but need more fluid capacity.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
^that's why I said I used kayfuns on my mvp.. can't get much more obnoxious than that, maybe a fogger v3. It's a little wider than kayfun, but it will be fine. Maybe drill airholes on beauty ring to have it flush with it and still get airflow.

I'd get a knucklehead drip tip for it..derlin or stainless steel.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
I just don't like the real airy draw that a lot of them have so that airflow control may be just the ticket.
I got mine delivered last week. I am running my third tank of a "fairly thick and sweet" 60 vg 40 pg liquid. The tank is great! ZERO leaking. Now on my third tank "some minor wicking issues that I blame the liquid on. The air flow is incredible. Each setting really gives you a different vape. Also helps with wicking depending on the thickness of the liquid one is using. I liked mine enough to buy a second. Vapage has them on sale for $25. Definitely worth the dough. The heads are pricey but they are really pretty good. Due to the price, I will try to give them a good vodka soak instead of tossing them or rebuilding them. Yes you can rebuild them, thank you RIP TRIPPERS
SEE HERE: Rip review: Aspire Nautilus Tank Clearomizer - YouTube
Rip rebuild: Micro Coil Build In The Aspire Nautilus - YouTube

Pur3Rush

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
I use a MVP 2 with my Nautilus. It looks good. I personally don't like the steam punk look of the Nautilus. However, it's vaping awesomeness can't be understated. The only negative is the price of the heads. They do last a while, but being non rebuildable means it will cost you a lot to continue vaping. I am eagerly awaiting an Aqua clone, and will probably buy a Kayfun lite plus clone.

The airflow control on the Nautilus is awesome. Flavor is great.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I use a MVP 2 with my Nautilus. It looks good. I personally don't like the steam punk look of the Nautilus. However, it's vaping awesomeness can't be understated. The only negative is the price of the heads. They do last a while, but being non rebuildable means it will cost you a lot to continue vaping. I am eagerly awaiting an Aqua clone, and will probably buy a Kayfun lite plus clone.

The airflow control on the Nautilus is awesome. Flavor is great.

The heads can be rebuilt. Rip Trippers just released a new video on how to do it, and with cotton, no less. Should be a substantial improvement. So, buy a pack of five and learn to rebuild them. With AFC, you can control both draw and juice control. Pretty great clearo, imho. Wish they had them a year ago, during my clearo phase. Rebuilding is just a lot easier than it may look, or how you might think about it. And, at about a nickel per coil, it's definitely worth learning to do. Since I changed heads every one or two days, I had to learn to do it. Too expensive for me otherwise. Good luck!

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
I got mine delivered last week. I am running my third tank of a "fairly thick and sweet" 60 vg 40 pg liquid. The tank is great! ZERO leaking. Now on my third tank "some minor wicking issues that I blame the liquid on. The air flow is incredible. Each setting really gives you a different vape. Also helps with wicking depending on the thickness of the liquid one is using. I liked mine enough to buy a second. Vapage has them on sale for $25. Definitely worth the dough. The heads are pricey but they are really pretty good. Due to the price, I will try to give them a good vodka soak instead of tossing them or rebuilding them. Yes you can rebuild them, thank you RIP TRIPPERS
SEE HERE: Rip review: Aspire Nautilus Tank Clearomizer - YouTube
Rip rebuild: Micro Coil Build In The Aspire Nautilus - YouTube

I couldn't find the Nautilus for 25 bucks on the site? Are you sure it's there or did I just miss it? That is very cheap for this tank and I;m very interested in a bargain :D

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
Thank you very much...Everywhere else I looked had them for $34.99 IF they were in stock....Wonder how they're able to sell them Ten dollars cheaper than other stores?

They won't be for much longer. The manufacturer will make them price it at a minimum of $36 or stop supplying them from what I hear. I got in the other night with coupon there and grabed one and a five pack of heads for $31 shipped 2 day priority. Grab it quick, cause they will be gone.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
Thank you very much...Everywhere else I looked had them for $34.99 IF they were in stock....Wonder how they're able to sell them Ten dollars cheaper than other stores?
No clue as to how the cheaper price but I wont complain:D I am sure they are taking a hit on their margin, tho Vapage has been known to run great sales.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
I jumped on one from Vapage. Couldn't pass it up. With the popularity gaining I don't see the price coming down any time soon.
I am impressed with the Aspires decision to change the design of the heads already. The heads in their smaller tanks have 2 holes, one on each side. That was a change from a short very first run of heads that had four holes. The Nautilus now has four SMALLER holes for wicking. This design is so far the best of theirs do date. They have really nailed it! I guess what I am saying is, Kanger for instance hasn't done much as far as innovating their heads to work better. In fact their latest change has made them worse according to many. I know a lot of folks are in lover with Kanger (to each their own), but IMHO, Aspire has them beat already, after a short time on the market. And the Air Flow control in the Nautilus is second to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread