My batteries are getting REAL HOT in my Nemesis Clone. Insulation is comming off. What's happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mOJAVEpROVIDENCE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Rural America
I've got an hcigar Nemesis Clone and although it's not real, it's said to be pretty damn good. But I've been having a problem. For what seems for no reason at all, my battery will start getting real hot. Enough that as you can see in the photos, the insulation has been marred.

This happens when I either first put the battery in, or adjust the button, top cap or top pin. And it ruins the insulation at the bottom of the battery.

It doesnt happen a lot. It seems totally random. I'm using aspire bdc tanks / coils, and they don't seem to be very consistent and reliable. I'm switching to a RDA.

I would like to know how unsafe these batteries are to use, what could happen, and also, WHAT IS CAUSING THIS?

Thanks.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/mojaveprovidence-albums-a-picture299525-dscn1282.jpg

DSCN1282.jpg

Last edited:

Cromeus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
FSJ, BC, Canada
Thanks Cromeus.
No problem. They're also rated for 10amp continuous, so pretty much no matter what coils you're using in your toppers, they'll be fine. I don't know any heads that come below 1.2 ohms, and those 2000mah batteries are safe up to .8

Do you have a multimeter? Last thing you want is a short and no way to find it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mOJAVEpROVIDENCE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Rural America
No problem. They're also rated for 10amp continuous, so pretty much no matter what coils you're using in your toppers, they'll be fine. I don't know any heads that come below 1.2 ohms, and those 2000mah batteries are safe up to .8

Do you have a multimeter? Last thing you want is a short and no way to find it.

I do not have a multimeter. My coils are 1.8 but i plan on building my own atomizers. I should not go below .8 with these batteries you say?

Cromeus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
FSJ, BC, Canada
I do not have a multimeter. My coils are 1.8 but i plan on building my own atomizers. I should not go below .8 with these batteries you say?
They're rated for 10 amp continuous, and we generally say halve that to be safe. .8 ohm draws 5.25 amps

Definitely get a multimeter before you continue using your mech - with a short like that, your battery could easily vent on you, not safe at all =\

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

If you don't have a meter how do you know your coils are 1.8 ohm? Or you don't have a hard short for that matter?

Get a meter. If the condition of those batteries doesn't prove you need one nothing will.

mOJAVEpROVIDENCE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Rural America
If you don't have a meter how do you know your coils are 1.8 ohm? Or you don't have a hard short for that matter?

Get a meter. If the condition of those batteries doesn't prove you need one nothing will.

the coils say 1.8ohm on them. they're probably pretty close to 1.8ohm i would imagine, but I could be wrong.

thanks.

Last edited:

Cromeus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
FSJ, BC, Canada
the coils say 1.8ohm on them. they're probably pretty close to 1.8ohm i would imagine, but I could be wrong.

thanks.
Well you said the problem is happening with multiple toppers, so it ain't the head that's the problem. Your mod must be missing a piece of insulation or something.

Take your nem apart and take pictures of every piece so we can look over it for you - most importantly the end caps.

mOJAVEpROVIDENCE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Rural America
Well you said the problem is happening with multiple toppers, so it ain't the head that's the problem. Your mod must be missing a piece of insulation or something.

Take your nem apart and take pictures of every piece so we can look over it for you - most importantly the end caps.

DSCN1283.jpg DSCN1284.jpg DSCN1286.jpg DSCN1287.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread