PLEASE recommend a glassomizer that works! - tired of leaky Kangers, Davides, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
OK, I had a Kanger Protank - it leaks (tried multiple bottom caps, coils, etc)

got a Davide - leaks horribly using Kanger parts, much worse than the Kanger

Davide works well with Aspire (dual) coils & set up that way - no leaks - but after less than one day the Aspire dual coils starts tasting horrible! (whereas will the leaky Kangers, the coil tastes fine for a week or two)

I just want a glassomizer for my Sigelei V3 telescope (essentially a Provari) that doesn't leak and that the coils will last for a while. SOMETHING THAT FRIGGIN WORKS!!!

Ir's crazy, been vaping for a year now, and have not had one single solitary issue with my Sigelei V3 and these dang tank systems are a problem 24/7!! ............ugh!!

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
OK, I had a Kanger Protank - it leaks

got a Davide - leaks horribly using Kanger parts, much worse than the Kanger

Davide works well with Aspire (dual) coils & set up that way - no leaks - but after less than one day the Aspire dual coils starts tasting horrible! (whereas will the leaky Kangers, the coil tastes fine for a week or two)

I just want a glassomizer for my Sigelei V3 telescope (essentially a Provari) that doesn't leak and that the coils will last for a while. SOMETHING THAT FRIGGIN WORKS!!!

Ir's crazy, been vaping for a year now, and have not had one single solitary issue with my Sigelei V3 and these dang tank systems are a problem 24/7!! ............ugh!!

KANGER-MINI-PROTANK2-BASE-2T.jpg

The miniprotank base will fit on the protank; you'll need to add an extra silicone cap (inverted) on top the atomizer for a snug fit.

The miniprotank base uses the outer eGo threads; oh; does the Sigelei V3 have the eGo threads?

I got the V1; it doesn't; I use an adapter 510-to-eGo/510.

Last edited:

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Maybe you should look more into why the kanger heads are leaking. I've been using protanks since they came out and with a little DIY they don't leak, gurgle or flood. If you insist on using stock heads without slight DIY and assuming vaping is plug and play then your fooling yourself no matter what atty your using.
I get a laugh at how many people post their protank head problems and hope there is a miracle fix for them when in reality its 2 minutes of realign of the coil wraps and adding a longer, thicker flavor wick... problem solved.

Optimo114

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Jacksonville FL
Maybe you should look more into why the kanger heads are leaking. I've been using protanks since they came out and with a little DIY they don't leak, gurgle or flood. If you insist on using stock heads without slight DIY and assuming vaping is plug and play then your fooling yourself no matter what atty your using.
I get a laugh at how many people post their protank head problems and hope there is a miracle fix for them when in reality its 2 minutes of realign of the coil wraps and adding a longer, thicker flavor wick... problem solved.

This... On the other hand, if you don't want to learn to rebuild kanger heads, I would suggest a carto tank

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
I feel Aspire is on top right now. Their BDCs are really great. Check out Pbusardos review on them.
The Aspire coils work great for about a day, no leaks, no problems, then they get this horrific bad taste, God knows what kind of Chinese arsenic I am inhahing at that point

I need something trouble-free, with coils that last, and great for the 100% VG that I vape.

Yes, I realize I could mess around with these things all day and fiddle with them, but I have better things to do!

My Sigelei V3 telescope PV does not need an hour of babysitting and handholding each day, in fact, it is completely trouble-free, never a single issue, why are the glassomizers so trouble prone?

PS - why doesn't any glassomizer company supply a high end wire for their coils such as REAL Kanthal from Sweden - you would think with the success of the Provari, someone would go high end on coils as well!

Last edited:

heateris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
SEPA
I think we'll always get a little leakage in the 510 well from a stock PT 1/2/3 coil. The wet wick is only a few mm above the air hole.

Your best bet is a sealed air flow control base. You can get a Smok version to use with any tank, an Areotank base to retrofit on your PT 1/2/3, an Areotank, or a aspire Nautilus.

You could also try a aqua/R91/kayfun/fogger/squape. They are all rebuildable bottom wick tanks with sealed 510 bases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
The Aspire coils work great for about a day, no leaks, no problems, then they get this horrific bad taste, God knows what kind of Chinese arsenic I am inhahing at that point

I need something trouble-free, with coils that last, and great for the 100% VG that I vape.

Yes, I realize I could mess around with these things all day and fiddle with them, but I have better things to do!

My Sigelei V3 telescope PV does not need an hour of babysitting and handholding each day, in fact, it is completely trouble-free, never a single issue, why are the glassomizers so trouble prone?

PS - why doesn't any glassomizer company supply a high end wire for their coils such as REAL Kanthal from Sweden - you would think with the success of the Provari, someone would go high end on coils as well!

Seems to me the choices are:

1) Use a carto system;
2) Change atomizer coil regularly
3) Clean coils regularly

miriaminspringtown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Springtown, Texas 76082
I haven't had a flood since I got my coil building skills honed. A little effort to learn to build your own coils and problem solved!!

The coil is a big part if it. I had gurgling and leaking with Protank 2. My neighbor recommended the Aero tank air flow control base for the Protank 2. It works. I gave away a Protank2 so I had to order another one, and a couple of the air flow control base. What a difference. I use Kanger coils that fit Evod, Protank and Mini Protank. I rebuild with 2mm silica wick, 2mm flavor wick, and 32 guage kanthal A1 wire, 5 wraps around 1/16" drill bit (.0625" diameter) placing the silica along the bit base and wrapping the kanthal wire tightly gives you 2.0 - 2.3 ohm coil. I use Itaste VV Version 3 to check ohms. At times I have to redo the rebuild to get the ohms correct but it works.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
When you say "leaks" do you mean leaks out the bottom, or gurgles?

If they leak out the bottom, you are probably screwing the heads on with too much force. This causes the coil to unscrew a bit, and let juice through the threads. You can fix this just by re-tightening the coil (and using less force when you put the head on).

(By coil, I mean the whole coil assembly...)

If you mean "gurgles", make sure the white translucent plastic thingy is pushed all the way down.

miriaminspringtown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Springtown, Texas 76082

You are so right. There is no plug and play.
I vape using 100% VG and the coil is a big part of the leaking. I open up the coil, and put in a thicker (2mm) flavor wick. Then I got an Aero tank Air Flow Control Base ($5.99 + shipping) for my Protank 2 .It works on Protank 1,2, and 3.
By allowing the air in the vacuum inside the tank to be maintained - no leaking, no gurgling.
Sun Vaper, Lite Cig USA, and MyVaporStore carry the Aero base. For a while everyone was sold out.
I'm sorry I gave away my 1st Protank 2. I just ordered a 2nd Protank2 to use with Innokin itaste VV V 3.0, and Innokin Itaste MVP.
The only tank that gave me no trouble regardless was the Kanger Mini Protank 2, but you have to refill it frequently.
As in life, there is no perfect anything, job, car, spouse, house, dog, cat, horse, etc..

Haven't had any trouble with my Kanger Aero. I've also heard that the base can be used on the Protanks to eliminate the leaking problems but I don't have any personal experience with that. You can buy the base by itself. The Aero has a sealed bottom instead of the open pin hole of the Protanks and mine hasn't shown any gurgling or leaking at all since I've had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread