Itaste SVD review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using my Itaste SVD for a couple days now and I must say that I am really impressed with it's performance. My first mod was the eCad V2, and it was a simple mod with simple functions. My next was the Bolt. A straight mechanical mod. Both of them were "hand me downs" from friends at work. The Itaste SVD is my first brand new mod. And boy am I happy with it. The variable wattage and voltage is fun to play with. I really enjoy the ohm reader. And the battery life feature is very handy. I'm still tinkering with some fine tuning with the heads I have for my Kanger Protank 2 that a buddy of mine recoiled for me. They read between 1.1 ohm to 2.5 ohm depending on which coil head I use. I have been following some suggestions that I got from other forums with the ohms law calculator. That calculator is a great way to figure the general ballpark you should be in with the ohms you are using. The only issue with the "light saber" I have is when I use the 18650 battery, This mod is over eight inches tall. And not ideal for carrying out in public in your pocket. I also use an 18350 battery that is easier to handle in your pocket if you are going to be out. The battery life for the 18350 is great I get about two days use with moderate vaping while at work. The 18650 is about the same on my days off, when I tend to vape more. All in all I am really happy with the Itaste SVD. And I would strongly recommend anyone use it. For $60 bucks from the local vape shop, Electronic Stix in Ogden, it's not an overly priced mod either.

Last edited:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Yup. The SVD is a long one with the 18650!
Not a bad unit really, I got one from Fasttech for 32 and change a couple weeks ago. For that price it is a nice little battery tube.

I'm having a helluva time remembering the different menu button sequences, always referring to the manual.
The ergonomics of the 3 buttons is not that well thought out either.

After using it off and on here at home I think mine will have a permanent spot as a backup.

Yup. The SVD is a long one with the 18650!
Not a bad unit really, I got one from Fasttech for 32 and change a couple weeks ago. For that price it is a nice little battery tube.

I'm having a helluva time remembering the different menu button sequences, always referring to the manual.
The ergonomics of the 3 buttons is not that well thought out either.

After using it off and on here at home I think mine will have a permanent spot as a backup.

I found that playing around with the variables its become second hand. Your plus button is the wattage, the minus button is the voltage, both together for a couple seconds will read the ohms, a couple seconds longer will lock your settings. Pressing either the plus or minus buttons will bring up your battery life. The SVD has a simple picture on the back side to the button configuration.

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
It all comes down to personal opinion really. i didn't think it was that hard to figure out the button layout for the settings really. it vapes great and gets the job done without any problems for me. it's a little big but honestly you can use it for self defense too! ( dont do that ) just swap out to a 18350 battery and keep an extra with you if it's that big. i like it in the 18650 mod really. looks badass and vapes like a monster

It all comes down to personal opinion really. i didn't think it was that hard to figure out the button layout for the settings really. it vapes great and gets the job done without any problems for me. it's a little big but honestly you can use it for self defense too! ( dont do that ) just swap out to a 18350 battery and keep an extra with you if it's that big. i like it in the 18650 mod really. looks badass and vapes like a monster

I agree, the 18650 size does make a formidable weapon, haha.

tammy1986d

Jan 28, 2014
decatur, tx,usa
I like my svd much better than my lava tube. My svd dosen't need as firm as presure on the fire button. The svd has a much smoother draw than my lave tube. I have used kanger protanks, evods and mt3's with both and the svd just works better. I use AW IMR18490 battery with my svd this keeps it from looking like a weapon like the 18650 battery but the 18350 dosen't seam to have long enough life however 18350 looks the best to me.

Last edited:
Yeah i wouldn't recommend using it for those purposes haha. A friend of mine ( a Chick ) called it a robot D*** so i laughed at her took my drip tip off and put it down around that area and proceeded to jab her in the ribs.. it was hilarious, never again did she make fun of it haha

That it's hilarious. It looks like a light saber when I have the 18650 battery in. Even with the 18350 in. My wife makes the joke, "I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"

I like my svd much better than my lava tube. My svd dosen't need as firm as presure on the fire button. The svd has a much smoother draw than my lave tube. I have used kanger protanks, evods and mt3's with both and the svd just works better. I use AW IMR18490 battery with my svd this keeps it from looking like a weapon like the 18650 battery but the 18350 dosen't seam to have long enough life however 18350 looks the best to me.

I agree. The short set up is ideal for it and about use. I don't mind the 18650 set when I'm vaping at home. The 18350 does lag for long use thou.

oedo808

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
OKC, USA
So I was building an Igo-w3 dual coil and just used my svd to hold it in place. Once I was done and ready to test fire and adjust coils before wicking with cotton I checked ohms on the svd instead of using the little tobeco meter. .8 ohms which is how I prefer it. I figured the SVD being a regulated device it wouldn't fire but hit it off for kicks anyways. Stinking thing fired and surprised the hell out of me. At 15 watts it fired the coils pretty fast. Is it supposed to work this low? I thought it would fail below 1.2 ohms. I figure it's safe to run as long as I keep a good battery in it. I mean it won't allow more than 15 watts so it won't hurt the chip will it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I found that playing around with the variables its become second hand.....

...i didn't think it was that hard to figure out the button layout for the settings really....

For certain it's my issue trying to keep the menu straight in my mind. LOL, my user name sez it all (-:

So I was building an Igo-w3 dual coil and just used my svd to hold it in place. Once I was done and ready to test fire and adjust coils before wicking with cotton I checked ohms on the svd instead of using the little tobeco meter. .8 ohms which is how I prefer it. I figured the SVD being a regulated device it wouldn't fire but hit it off for kicks anyways. Stinking thing fired and surprised the hell out of me. At 15 watts it fired the coils pretty fast. Is it supposed to work this low? I thought it would fail below 1.2 ohms. I figure it's safe to run as long as I keep a good battery in it. I mean it won't allow more than 15 watts so it won't hurt the chip will it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I had a head that originally been built at 1.5 ohms and when I checked it on my SVD it read at .6 when I went to fire it, it didn't and read 0.0. I have also read that the SVD won't fire below 1.2 ohm and haven't been able to get mine to fire below 1.1 ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread