• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Time to climb all over CTV for false stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Sad to say that my country's media and government are doing their part to proffer this kind of fear mongering spin. Not one single mention of the millions of cigarettes passed up by Canadians through vaping. Not one. Ever.

Cuz there's no org speaking on our behalf. Twice members here have tried to form a CASAA- like org and it's was a huge colossal fail with no one wanting to join let alone become active. Govt/ HC gonna have a field day up here when the hammer comes down...it'll be a cake walk for them.

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
Holy .... i am just going post my knee jerk reactions to this, which I found to be many. I rolled my eyes so far back I an afraid they may not come out. Such .... out of eggheads mouth.

First I love how they start with the Marlbogh man and made it like it was a sad case. He made the choice and made money off if it. The cigarette companies continued to make mine into the late 80's and 90's off of print ads.

To the next point I do believe that minors should not be a target. They should be helping to eliminate smoking, not breeding new smokers. So they are on point there.

Up to here they got things right, now one persons opinion ruins the actual segment.....

He starts talking about tests of many different brands, knowing g full well which are safe and which are not, but chooses to brand them all the same, then claims that nicotine is what makes them addictive without mentioning the other factors and chemicals in cigs.

He would recommend champex or other drugs that wreck your brain and leave you with early Alzheimer's in order to replace nicotine.

He then also sates it is illegal in canada to use a nicotine enhanced ecig which proves he really doesn't know what he is talking about.

He then goes on to say that if they don't provide nicotine, they will not be effective, while also trying to prove that if people get the stimulation they don't need the nicotine. He essentially double slandered himself. They want the hand to mouth without nicotine, but if there is no nicotine, they have no reason to quit.

Oh and in the end it comes back to this, smokers abusing thier rights and vamping where they cannot smoke. Candy sticks were made for kids to smoke, and this is the new age candy stick.

Health Canada got it right right off the start that why we can't find nicotine ecigarettes in public. I have seen the rest, but this sums it up.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Ca
https://twitter.com/CavrCanada
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cana...gvapersrights/

There is a group CAVR Canadians Advocating Vapers Rights. Check 'em out.
Thanks had never heard of them.

CAVR also has a webpage up and running.
Thanks also- joined.
I guess they don't have Section here at ECF? Found an old thread in another forum where they were going to keep vapers updated but nothing since 09-12-2013. Searched and found one news story in which CAVR was mentioned.

bogmonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada

SqueezeTheJuiceBox

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

bogmonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
... I can't find anything online from an official gc.ca site that says nicotine ejuice is allowed.

And I doubt you ever will. There's nothing that explicitly states that pop tarts are allowed; they just fall under other existing categories. I'm not trying to be snide, honest. Just drawing a comparison.
The site whatdoesthelawsay.ca has a good collection of information that helps make the legal status more clear. The point being that nicotine liquids under 4mg per dose are outside of Health Canada's domain. Having them say that e-cigs are not approved (often happily misrepresented in the media as "banned") means as much as saying that they haven't approved toasters

Hope there's some useful info on that site for you.

Cheers

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
And I doubt you ever will. There's nothing that explicitly states that pop tarts are allowed; they just fall under other existing categories. I'm not trying to be snide, honest. Just drawing a comparison.
The site whatdoesthelawsay.ca has a good collection of information that helps make the legal status more clear. The point being that nicotine liquids under 4mg per dose are outside of Health Canada's domain. Having them say that e-cigs are not approved (often happily misrepresented in the media as "banned") means as much as saying that they haven't approved toasters

Hope there's some useful info on that site for you.

Cheers

This combined with the fact that most sellers openly admit to selling nicotine enhanced juices. If it was "illegal" they would have been shut down and prosecuted faster then they opened. There are brick and mortar shops around the country selling nic juice openly. That couldn't or wouldn't happen if it was illegal. The proof is that simple.

If you need more I am friends with a constable and he knows how much nic juice I have in my house and I vape around him. I haven't been charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread