Not open for further replies.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
So in a follow up of my flubbered title lol these are not from regal, that was misinformation from the rep setting up the signage
Phillip Morris' MarkTen Regal
These are manufactured for Nu Mark LLC which is an Altria company which is a parent company of Phillip Morris.

The phrase that the rep should have been saying was MarkTen it's Remarkable (not regal lmfao)

So that said....I have tried these now...
And the so called 4 draw technology that they keep boasting about, which I had thought 4 air holes just like every other e-cig has....it is not...I will give them credit on this. The mouth piece which usually only has one center hole actually has 4 small holes like a 4 leaf clover design.
markten.jpg

Though it is the same size as a Blu it does seem to be a bit lighter weight which is nice for those switching from a cig to an e-cig
And in their forward thinking, instead of it being a disposable as I had thought...it's actually a rechargeable for the price of a disposable The recharging kit is sold separate.

Moving on...true to their word, it is not a true 510 connection. However, I am able to connect 510 devices to the battery and get it to work but it does not completely screw in so it is a very airy draw. The cart's on the other hand I have not gotten to vape with the blu, greensmoke with 510 converter or an ego....

They stated that there will be some kind of device in it to make the battery and cart not work without each other...so seems they were partly right...

the "classic" is nothing more than an unflavored pg/nic base and menthol is the same with menthol which like most tastes more minty than menthol....from my understanding it's a 2mg nic level...now this I'm not sure of I can't find anywhere on the product that lists the nic amount but as I was talking to another rep yesterday she said that it would not get people to quit smoking since it's only like 2mg nic....online they state "Each MarkTen™ e-cigarette contains approximately 1.5% nicotine by weight. The amount of nicotine an adult consumer receives depends on how the consumer uses the product."

With some very careful prying of the very frail end cap it will come off, though mine is now mangled as it is very frail...you can add your own flavor to the carts ;)

I as of yet do not have a charger for this so the battery itself lasted me about a day of casual vaping while my 650 spinner charged and just me trying to give it a shot.

I am curious how well this will go over as I said all that I see is it is a pg base though gives nice full vapes but as there are those allergic to pg....
If you like unflavored than it is worth a try the actual vapor production is def better than the blu was

Though do be careful as these were made light weight I've already had one cart break. When I opened the package the end piece of the cart was broken and stuck in the threading of the battery. Took some doing to pry it out and am now on my 2nd battery reusing the same cart with my own flavor in it ;)
[edit] so the 2nd battery lasted me about 3 hours of nonstop vaping before it died. [/edit]

For the price, it's worth a try the battery and one cart is $10 and then if you decide you want to keep it, the recharge kit is $25 (one usb charger, one usb to wall charger, one usb to car charger and one battery)

Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
So I went a head and bought the charging kit. It's a shame that these aren't a true 510
as cig-look-alikes go I really do like this one! The battery lasts about 3 hours of nonstop vaping
I'm still on the first cart (but I've been filling with my own juice) and it has great vapor production, no miss hits.

I've been vaping on this more than my vv spinner today lol
it has surprised me at how well it vapes. If it were a true 510 i'd recommend this to anyone for a first kit or as a backup....but it's not a true 510 so have to use their carts with their battery and you can use the battery on 510's but they won't screw all the way in so it's too airy really for other devices....but at least I can refill the cart with my own flavors :D

Banana Vap70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
AZ, USA
These are out now in AZ too. Phillip Morris is mailing a coupon for a free one to all their customers that registered for coupons for Marlboro. Since it was free I picked one up just too see. The one I got came with one cartridge and a USB charger, for just over $10.00. I didn't even look to see what the cartridge sell for as I have no intention of buying them. I didn't see anywhere on the packaging where it indicated the nic mg strength, seemed weak.

I will say they hit the mark on weight, and diameter, to short for my liking, draw isn't bad, different.

Banana Vap70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
AZ, USA
Today I received in the mail, unsolicited, a battery, a USB charger and a wall charger and cig/aux (auto) charger. I do not know if they are sending these out to everyone on Marlboro's mailing list of if they can somehow tell I redeemed the coupon for a free one they sent me that I spoke of above. Oh there was a coupon for $10.00 off a pack of cartridges.

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
I purchased one around Christmas when they were first released. The draw was so tight I couldn't get much out of it. I expected a super airy draw with the 4 holes. Also, it had no taste whatsoever. Two weeks ago a lone charger showed up in the mail. weird....

I have bought a couple njoy kings in the past and those are really close to smoking a cig. Both with feel and taste. On occasion I still have a craving for a cig and using the njoy king for a few puffs always does the trick. I think having that squishy feeling filter does the trick.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
These are out now in AZ too. Phillip Morris is mailing a coupon for a free one to all their customers that registered for coupons for Marlboro. Since it was free I picked one up just too see. The one I got came with one cartridge and a USB charger, for just over $10.00. I didn't even look to see what the cartridge sell for as I have no intention of buying them. I didn't see anywhere on the packaging where it indicated the nic mg strength, seemed weak.

I will say they hit the mark on weight, and diameter, to short for my liking, draw isn't bad, different.

I looked on the website and found that the nic strength is 1.5% or 15 mg/ml.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Gee. A tobacco giant widely distributing flavorless, sub-par products to smokers so they can see what all the e-cigarette fuss is about. In this case, not a whole lot. Can't see why they'd do that... :evil:
bwahahaha na never, big tobacco wouldn't release a sub par product to jump on the bandwagon to make a few bucks but not ruin their main money maker.

But still as far as cig-look-a-likes go, this is my favorite so far, just wish it were a true 510 and that they had flavored carts (but at least if you really want to you can flavor the carts yourself ;) ). I see them coming out with flavors soon as the industry grows....we finally got (crappy but it's a start) starter ego kits in at work (btw I work for circle k/shell/macs convenience stores) and juice bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread