Not open for further replies.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
NEVER AGAIN will I do so.

Went to order more DIY a few days back and the only size available was the 2 dram. Price per ml on that bottle is really pushin' the limits. Or so I thought at the time.

Checked out the two competitors that I'm aware of and ended up ordering 10ml from one of em'.
This would be the one that doesn't reference milk if ya catch me drift.

Arrived today, half hour ago.
How many ways can a person say blech?

Slight amber color, very strong wood resin smell. V-E-R-Y strong smell.
meh....

Several drops into the dripper and........ yuck! Very strong taste that I'm struggling to get my mind around.
Almost a sweet citrus, then again more of an oxidized metal. Cloying. Not nice. Icky.

I s'pose I can mask it with something but you know darn well I just now submitted an order with Aroma for the good stuff!

Beware imitators, only buy the original (-:

Man this is flat out nasty stuff...........

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
NEVER AGAIN will I do so.

Went to order more DIY a few days back and the only size available was the 2 dram. Price per ml on that bottle is really pushin' the limits. Or so I thought at the time.

Checked out the two competitors that I'm aware of and ended up ordering 10ml from one of em'.
This would be the one that doesn't reference milk if ya catch me drift.

Arrived today, half hour ago.
How many ways can a person say blech?

Slight amber color, very strong wood resin smell. V-E-R-Y strong smell.
meh....

Several drops into the dripper and........ yuck! Very strong taste that I'm struggling to get my mind around.
Almost a sweet citrus, then again more of an oxidized metal. Cloying. Not nice. Icky.

I s'pose I can mask it with something but you know darn well I just now submitted an order with Aroma for the good stuff!

Beware imitators, only buy the original (-:

Man this is flat out nasty stuff...........

In fairness, if you express dissatisfaction with the product and articulate what you don't like about it, I know that the vendor in question will gladly replace it.

I try not to make any public comments about what I think of one WTA versus another. Sure my bias is strongly with Aroma since it's my recipe after all, but I really don't want to ever get back to the days of you know who and all the negativity he brought to the commercial WTA scene. Sure, if a WTA vendor comes along and starts making wacky claims, I might get a bit riled up (and most folks don't want to see me riled up) but overall I find it's best to let the customers decide to each his own.

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
According to the website that's what I should be getting (-:

All 24 mg unflavored WTA going forward is the new VS version. The main differences between the VS and the last generation of 24 mg unflavored WTA is that 1) the VS is a much lighter WTA, and 2) the VS is a far smoother WTA.

I'm in Atlanta for the week (yes, I was stuck in that awful traffic mess back on Tuesday for 4 hours) and if Jerry did what he said he would, there will be some of the new VS WTA waiting for me when I get back home tomorrow. Then I can see for myself if the effects are also even better than they were before.

As far as I can tell, the only thing wrong with Aroma's WTA now is that I didn't make it myself. :D

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
In fairness, if you express dissatisfaction with the product and articulate what you don't like about it, I know that the vendor in question will gladly replace it...

I did in fact send comments, did my best to be concise and not editorialize.
Mentioned in the comments that I wasn't seeking an RMA, rather I was giving them a heads-up as they must have had a bad batch.

I fully appreciate the concept of flavor, taste and subjectivity. But there is no way I can believe this was a normal brew.

I strayed but I'll do so no more (-:

Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
All 24 mg unflavored WTA going forward is the new VS version. The main differences between the VS and the last generation of 24 mg unflavored WTA is that 1) the VS is a much lighter WTA, and 2) the VS is a far smoother WTA.
Just so people don't misunderstand, when Dvap says "lighter WTA," he is referring to the flavor, not the potency. At least I hope he is. (Edit: okay, he was talking about color. Oops.)

From what I've experienced, the Unflavored DIY WTA really is flavorless now. I enjoyed the subtle flavor of the old stuff, but it did not mix well with some juices. The new stuff however, mixes with anything.

The WTA "effect" is much stronger now as well. The old stuff I could vape straight with no other effect than a general sense of wellbeing. The new stuff induced what is referred to in some circles as "couch lock." I was somewhat unproductive that day. Lesson learned, I mixed the remainder of the DIY with Beatle juice.
:vapor:

Edit: I really have not been tempted to buy any of the 2 competitor's products.

I haven't read any comments from Dvap regarding the Milk vendor, but the appearance of the product was enough to dissuade me from even trying it for comparison. The liquid looks more like a NET than what I've come to associate with WTA.

I've heard enough comments about the taste of the product from people about the other vendor to also not want to give that one a try either. My understanding is that the chemical taste is in every bottle...but some people can't taste it for one reason or another.

While Jerry might regret not holding a monopoly on commercial WTA anymore, he certainly can be proud of the fact that his WTA is still the best WTA available in the world! (in my opinion).
:D

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Just so people don't misunderstand, when Dvap says "lighter WTA," he is referring to the flavor, not the potency. At least I hope he is.

From what I've experienced, the Unflavored DIY WTA really is flavorless now. I enjoyed the subtle flavor of the old stuff, but it did not mix well with some juices. The new stuff however, mixes with anything.

The WTA "effect" is much stronger now as well. The old stuff I could vape straight with no other effect than a general sense of wellbeing. The new stuff induced what is referred to in some circles as "couch lock." I was somewhat unproductive that day. Lesson learned, I mixed the remainder of the DIY with Beatle Juice.
:vapor:

Edit: I really have not been tempted to buy any of the 2 competitor's products.

I haven't read any comments from Dvap regarding the Milk vendor, but the appearance of the product was enough to dissuade me from even trying it for comparison. The liquid looks more like a NET than what I've come to associate with WTA.

I've heard enough comments about the taste of the product from people about the other vendor to also not want to give that one a try either. My understanding is that the chemical taste is in every bottle...but some people can't taste it for one reason or another.

While Jerry might regret not holding a monopoly on commercial WTA anymore, he certainly can be proud of the fact that his WTA is still the best WTA available in the world! (in my opinion).
:D

"Couch lock"? Too funny! Yeah, if you aren't careful--and especially depending on the time of day--it can catch you off guard like that. I can say that the effects shouldn't be quite like that with increased consumption, much to my dismay, but if you treat it like a treat, it very well may stay like that. What a predicament! :laugh:

As far as other WTA and some not being able taste the solvent, I can say that I have experienced the same as OTD, but also experienced differently in the early(er) days. As I've said before about the other WTA, "the adhesive smell" was on the peripheries before and didn't come through for me in my vape, but I have come to learn (through being "gifted" some) that some of what has gone out the door is now beyond a trace smell (it was a non-starter for me). However, if that was fixed, and it is fixable (as I had more than a few bottles from them that wasn't like that), it would be plenty fine for me (though I have to wonder how it can be allowed to go out of the shop like that).

I remember seeing hitt and another poster talk about this in that "Why is WTA such a controversial topic" thread and remember posting about it being blown out of proportion. Yeah, it wasn't. This is not simply a matter of taste. It is an issue. However, there's nothing wrong with having an issue as long as the vendor recognizes it and works to develop a better product (all vendors should do it; many need to). There's also nothing wrong with having degrees of how good one WTA is vs. another (*not all DVap's WTA was great, though most of it was/is! :D), but you got to be able to vape it to see. With how it is now, I couldn't (wouldn't) vape the other vendor's WTA because the aggressiveness of that left-over solvent is, for me, repelling. Fix it and I'll vape it.

*When I speak about "DVap's WTA," I need to convey the differences between the various bottles I have were only caused by the tobacco used (or the mg) not the process (two batches were from different processes using the same tobacco blend, but produced identical results; and two batches using different tobacco blends, extracted by same process, produced different results). The differences were only based on what the specific tobacco could give up. All of 'em tasted great though.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I try to be honest when trying other wta. I am aware that since I have been a supporter of aroma that my statements may look biased. I immediately picked up on the off taste of the other vendors wta and still have an almost full bottle that I should throw away because I'm pretty sure I won't use it. Perhaps I am spoiled from having dvaps from the beginning and that is what I measure others against. I have an image burned in my head of what it should feel/taste like and when it doesn't then I take it as there is something wrong.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    I try to be honest when trying other wta. I am aware that since I have been a supporter of aroma that my statements may look biased. I immediately picked up on the off taste of the other vendors wta and still have an almost full bottle that I should throw away because I'm pretty sure I won't use it. Perhaps I am spoiled from having dvaps from the beginning and that is what I measure others against. I have an image burned in my head of what it should feel/taste like and when it doesn't then I take it as there is something wrong.

As far as you being "biased," well, I've read a whole lot of your writing (from ECF and other places) and you've always been one of the most fair posters I've come across.

Last edited:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2009
    Willamette Valley, PNW
    Wow, Hitt got riled? That must have been an event (-;

OBTW!
    I honestly didn't intend to incite taste riots when I posted last night. So let's make sure this doesn't devolve into such.
    I was simply so put off with the taste I couldn't help but share.

With that said, I really want to believe that I experienced a batch that didn't represent the norm. The vendor was informed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread