Status
Not open for further replies.

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
My regular supplier sells an eGo adapter for charging your cell phone, which struck me as a brilliant idea. But why aren't there more products like that? How about a 510 threaded electric razor or nose hair trimmer? Maybe a little LED flashlight attachment? Weren't the first vape mods made from flashlights? Shouldn't be so hard to do that in reverse, right? I think vape mods and batteries could become the electronic Swiss Army Knife of the future. Maybe someday even a laser scalpel like they used in 'Alien' to cut the face-hugger, hehe.

Any ideas from the ECF community? I encourage fantasy and funny ideas as well as practical ones. And please, remember to stay within forum guidelines so we don't get deleted for having a thousand suggestions for sex toys...

xyanide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
The Netherlands
Handfans-2-W301.jpg

How about one of those hand-held DC fans. Putting a 510 thread on there is simple enough, but I wonder if they can take the brunt of harsh chinese mod PWM.. Another reason to buy a provari?

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
Interestingly, the fan and the LED flashlight would work very well with "harsh Chinese PWM", and work very badly with a nice clean Provari voltage.

Electric motor speed control is generally PWM. The voltage spikes help defeat stiction I think. It's how model train-sets work (or used to until they got digital control, still might internally.) LEDs need constant current, which is generally provided by just a simple resistor. That means they have to be designed for a fixed voltage. When you see an LED being dimmed, 99.999 times out of a hundred, it's being fed PWM. Persistance of vision means you see a continuous light, and you see the average brightness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread