Status
Not open for further replies.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Just received the Big Nasty 26650 by Tatroe. Must say, am really liking this mechanical mod. Tis a thing of simple beauty. Build quality, design and function all top notch. Magnetic switch with very short throw, no locking mechanism, but since it is imbedded into the bottom it can't fire sitting on end, must push it in with your pinky or finger tip. Floating center pin with an adjustable battery contact, so all atomizers will fit nice and flush. Tis a pain to first get it all adjusted properly to get a total flush mount without a gap showing, but is great once all set up. Sure I'll get used to it when I switch out different brands of batteries.

Here is a picture with the Flash-e-vapor V2 attached:

9K0WnNA.jpg

and for size comparison, a family portrait with the Beast Box, Nemesis clone, Stingray, Provari and the Big Nasy

LTxzl8k.jpg

Last edited:

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Thanks for the post Dice57. This looks like a great value. It's nice to see a US manufacturer putting out a cutting edge, quality product for a reasonable cost. It looks great and has the features I need with the magnetic switch and floating 510 connector pin. Simple, elegant and inexpensive. Win! I can see one in my immediate future.

How is the switch? Is it smooth when hitting at any point/angle? Any crunching or catching? Are all the threads silky smooth? I have the Tatroe base and extension for my Provari and the machining and threading are perfect. I'm hoping this has the same high quality machining. Let us know how you like it after you spend a bit of time with it.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
The switch is silky smooth, and with a very short throw. No crunching or catching no mater where I push it. But since it is imbedded in the bottom with the housing surrounding the button, the design would make it virtually impossible to be glitchie me thinks.

The threading and machining are up to Tatroe's standards, If anything, they have gone beyond the quality seen on the Provari ring and base that they make. I have both for my Provari, so know what you are referring to.

I am in as much awe with this mod as I was when I received the Stingray Black Copper, although two different beasts, they both are a work of art. Both give the Nemesis an inferiority complex. lol

Yeah, was happy to see a U.S, company stepping up to the plate and building a quality 26650 mech and delivering a grand slam. I did do a rudimentary voltage drop test with a fresh battery off the charger, and there was only like a .02 volts difference from the specs that the charger indicated and the charge indicated while in the Big Nasty.

DrillRX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
California, USA
Just received the Big Nasty 26650 by Tatroe. Must say, am really liking this mechanical mod. Tis a thing of simple beauty. Build quality, design and function all top notch. Magnetic switch with very short throw, no locking mechanism, but since it is imbedded into the bottom it can't fire sitting on end, must push it in with your pinky or finger tip. Floating center pin with an adjustable battery contact, so all atomizers will fit nice and flush. Tis a pain to first get it all adjusted properly to get a total flush mount without a gap showing, but is great once all set up. Sure I'll get used to it when I switch out different brands of batteries.

Here is a picture with the Flash-e-vapor V2 attached:

9K0WnNA.jpg

and for size comparison, a family portrait with the Beast Box, Nemesis clone, Stingray, Provari and the Big Nasy

LTxzl8k.jpg

I can't believe you put that Provari next to it. It's got cooties now.;)

DrillRX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
California, USA
My Provari doesn't have cooties, it has a Taifun GS, geeze, never even heard of a cooties rba, are they any good.? Besides that, the Provari was my first regulated mod and makes a great back up device.

Did your big one arrive yet?

I've got the big one in my hand right now.....er eh...I mean i'm suckin on the big....eh...no......I'm enjoying the Big Nasty.......hmmm.......

YES!....IT DID ARRIVE YESTERDAY.....I'M REALLY ENJOYING IT.

Whew!!!

;)

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I've got the big one in my hand right now.....er eh...I mean i'm suckin on the big....eh...no......I'm enjoying the Big Nasty.......hmmm.......

YES!....IT DID ARRIVE YESTERDAY.....I'M REALLY ENJOYING IT.

Whew!!!

;)

lmao, Are you just happy to see me, or is that the Big Nasty in your pocket?

Glad your Big Nasty arrived and that you enjoy slipping the big one between your lips, and suck on it till it blows plumes. Impressive girth and the ridges feel so good in the hand.

Loving the Big Nasty's staying power, it can last all day on one battery. Already vaped 8 ml of juice with the same battery.

DrillRX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
California, USA
I can't wait to order mine for the 2/15 batch, I heard they've made some minor improvements since it first came out (better vent holes, no more wobble) now if they'd only throw a logo/serial# on it I'd be stoked.

I mine from the January 31 batch. The fit and finish are flawless. No wobble standing strait up. Vent holes are plenty and inconspicuous. Overall a quality mod. Does feel a little light weight without the battery, like it might dent easy if dropped but the finger groves help keep from dropping it for sure. The button position, along with the pressure is a little uncomfortable to press compared to others for sure to the point where it's almost a pain to push with your pinky. If you hold it like a pencil though, it's a little easier press with the middle finger.

All in all, i'm glad I purchased this one for sure.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I saw my first Big Nasty today at a local vape shop. One of the employees received his. I'm very impressed with it. I expected really nice machining, being made by Tatroe, but it was flawless as far as I could tell. And it felt really good in my hand, I could tell it wanted to be mine! Soon...Soon.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
There seems to be no issues in my Big Nasty either. 4 vent holes inside the turned groves towards the Nasty's bottom, sits nice and stable on end, smooth button activation, just gets a bit to get used to, but have no problem using pinky or finger tips to do so. One of the reviews on Tatroe's web site, mentioned the MNKE fit to tight, that proved to be incorrect, the MNKE slide in and out of the Big Nasty without a problem, I did get some Sony 50 amp batteries also, which appear to be very close to the same diameter as the MNKE, but are a tad shorter, so that when I swap out the different brands I do have to adjust the battery throw on the 510 connector, but am used to it now, and it's just 4 full turns of the screw and it's all good.

Love getting a full day off of one battery. and as said, the Big Nast feels so good once gripped in the hands. Have to love the comments one can make, my old high school flame called today and asked if it was a good time to talk, said, tis all good was just sucking on my Big Nasty and had plenty of time to talk. Hey say What???? Get Nasty Get Sucked, or something like that.

Actually love that there are no hideous labels or serial numbers that mar the Big Nasty's simple elegant beauty!! With the original Flash-e-Vapor V2 straddling the Big Nasty, neither having any logos or markings, it is just beautiful to behold. It is a statement all of it's own, yeah, don't need no stinking logo or serial number or laser etchings. I am Not a Number, I am a Free Vapor. lmao.

Last edited:

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I heard that some small design changes were made like redesigning the fire button end cap to get rid of the slight wobble when standing it up. Maybe they changed the bore slightly too for MNKE's. You might have gotten the second batch after the changes. All the reviews I've seen have been very positive. Glad you're enjoying yours Dice57. Maybe I'll visit that vape store again tomorrow again to visit that big nasty.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Yeah Jazz, I was on the pre-order that was shipped out 1/30, and was hopeful that any inconsistencies were addressed. Received it 2/1, and have been enjoying vaping the big one. On the initial vid review, it appeared that there were no vent holes, so it was nice to see they took care of that also. It does make vaping the Nemi or Stingray feel like picking up a ego or cig-a-like though. lol Great addition to the collection, gives the other mods something to look up to, be nice or Big Nasty will Vape you. :vapor:

BIGJ541

Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
EUGENE OREGON >> GO DUCKS!!
Yeah Jazz, I was on the pre-order that was shipped out 1/30, and was hopeful that any inconsistencies were addressed. Received it 2/1, and have been enjoying vaping the big one. On the initial vid review, it appeared that there were no vent holes, so it was nice to see they took care of that also. It does make vaping the Nemi or Stingray feel like picking up a ego or cig-a-like though. lol Great addition to the collection, gives the other mods something to look up to, be nice or Big Nasty will Vape you. :vapor:
I can't wait to get my Big Nasty in my hand to give it a good suck. LOL but I was wondering if you one you liked more the MKNE or the Sony's in the 50 amp? I always like the Sony's better in the 18650 so I was going to order a few off Ebay so there here when I get my Big Nasty. I ordered 2 MKNE with the BIG N but I would hate them to forget them in the order and not have a 26650 to use. I like that it has no logo's also this is my first NON clone mod to go with my genuine Prometheus and I was always trying to get clones without the logo's. I had been looking to upgrade out of the clone world and when I seen the Big Nasty I knew it had me written all over it. since i'm 6'4 350 and my nick name is BIGJ also I'm so sick of carring a bag og batteries everywhere I go..

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Hey Big, the Sonys seem to hit a bit harder than the MNKE's but the NMKE's have more mah's. I also order two Sonys off eBay but only ordered one MNKE from Tatroe. Either one gives me a full day of vaping so it's all good, though I do have 4 other mods I use in rotation. Got the Sony's mainly to use for low sub ohms but it's nice to know that if the power went out I could still vape for 3 days lol.

If you like Big, check out the Big Russian rba that will be released next month, makes the Big Nasty not look so Big. Holds 11 ml of juice, tis Huge.

DrillRX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
California, USA
Hey Big, the Sonys seem to hit a bit harder than the MNKE's but the NMKE's have more mah's. I also order two Sonys off eBay but only ordered one MNKE from Tatroe. Either one gives me a full day of vaping so it's all good, though I do have 4 other mods I use in rotation. Got the Sony's mainly to use for low sub ohms but it's nice to know that if the power went out I could still vape for 3 days lol.

If you like Big, check out the Big Russian rba that will be released next month, makes the Big Nasty not look so Big. Holds 11 ml of juice, tis Huge.

I noticed one of the MNKE's I ordered from tatroe doesn't last very long or hit very hard. The other identical one works twice as good (wondering if they sent me a used one???). I'm thinking of ordering the sony's unless I can find a higher mah battery.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I noticed one of the MNKE's I ordered from tatroe doesn't last very long or hit very hard. The other identical one works twice as good (wondering if they sent me a used one???). I'm thinking of ordering the sony's unless I can find a higher mah battery.

From what I read on the MNKE's they haven't made the 26650 size in a couple years, so all of the MNKE 26650 are old stock that have just become popular with all the new 26650 Mech mods that have come out. Was one of the reasons I bought some sony's also and only one MNKE. Can't verify the validity of this, but read it on a few forums and review sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread