Status
Not open for further replies.
As promised, my picture tutorial of rebuilding an iclear 16 atomizer. I only did a single coil rebuild this time around since I'm running low on kanthal and I really want to redo my protank, but the process is pretty much the same. You'll just have more legs to trim and more coils to keep steady with dual coils. I didn't include a parts list with this because I pretty much used whatever was within reach. This is more of a guide than a tutorial and the intent is to give the reader an idea of what needs to be done to get all the parts sitting the way they need to sit. Also, I'd like to warn you guys that the first time you try this may be the last time you ever want to try it as it can be quite tedious and maddening. It gets better after the second or third rebuild. That being said, off we go!

• The atty on the iclear 16 screws into the iclear base, so first off you'll want to unscrew it. Then remove the rubber nozzle at the top of the coil chimney
  • 20140202_215359.jpg
  • Now pull out the pin at the bottom with some tweezers or anything that will fit in there to pry it out
  • 20140202_215944.jpg 20140202_220022.jpg 20140202_220524.jpg
  • Next, pull out the rubber fitting that the pin fits into.
  • 20140202_220913.jpg

Well this is embarrasing... I wrote the guide out in microsoft office and I'm sending the pictures from my phone to my desktop and then uploading them but I seem to have hit an upload limit on my post. So I figured I'd split the guide up into as many replys to my own post as it takes to get to the end of it but I can't upload any pictures to my reply. The upload fails over and over again... I'm probably just being a punk noob who got ahead of himself and tried to upload too much. Help?:unsure:

Its a horrible atomizer to rebuild. If you do not have a welder its not being rebuilt, your hacking it up. Silicon grommet taste really bad and theres no way to get around it without welding nr wire to the r wires..

CE4s blow those out the water for hack rebuilding..

Yeah, I don't recommend rebuilding it for practical purposes. I just wanted to put this out there for people who might want to know if it's even possible. I don't know about burning the silicon though as I don't seem to be getting any bad taste out of that. I was getting an overpowering taste of cotton from my wicks, but that went away. Eventually I just took the thing apart again to take pictures for the tutorial and I didn't notice any signs of burning the fittings and grommets. What gauge was your kanthal? I'm using 32 gauge but that burns pretty hot all the way through and I don't think anybody uses anything above that anyway so I don't know how my fittings got out alive.

Woah chronicle, me and you are on the same page tonight haha! I just learned myself i could rebuild my bottom coil mt3. I just asked the commnity if i should post a vid tutorial!

Let me know if/when your vid is up, I'd rather like to check it out! I wanna check out the mt3, might pick one up if I can rebuild the hell out of it like with my pt2

I might just find a place to host the Word document so people can view it online as I still can't get the pictures for the rest of the guide uploaded, but that'll probably happen tomorrow. Thank you for moving the thread to the appropriate place! I'll try to post more complete and thought-out content in the future :D
In the meantime... work, vape, sleep, repeat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread