Not open for further replies.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Jerry.
DIY WTA in VG base is what it's all about for me. Love it, need it, don't want to live without it. (I think there's a song in there....)

I can't do PG other than trace amounts from flavorings. It is what it is.

Why are there just the two tobacco flavored liquids in the Red Tail line?
I've tried the DHT and it is tasty! Very good stuff. I'll be trying the tobacco Road next order but only cuz it's the onliest other tobacco flavored one ya got!

G.I. Joe, Beatle juice, Turkish Blend, PM....... I'd like to give these a shot but they're all PG based. So I dasn't vape em'.

Where's the VG love Jerry )-;

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    OTD, although the DHT and Tobacco Road are very good, they don't really taste like tobacco to me like the pg line does. Perhaps some tobacco absolute added to your VG unflavored wta mix might be worth a try. If you want it sweet then you could add some EM.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    I wish they had no PG whatsoever in the Red Tail line. Also, I have high hopes for a separate category that would exclude PG. There must not be much demand from us folks who really, really prefer 100% VG as the carrier and non-PG flavors to boot. The flavors in the Red Tail line are strong and hold up well to some serious, mega dilution with my 100%VG nic base to bring down the PG, but then there goes the WTA effects out the window :( sigh

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    I wish they had no PG whatsoever in the Red Tail line. Also, I have high hopes for a separate category that would exclude PG. There must not be much demand from us folks who really, really prefer 100% VG as the carrier and non-PG flavors to boot. The flavors in the Red Tail line are strong and hold up well to some serious, mega dilution with my 100%VG nic base to bring down the PG, but then there goes the WTA effects out the window :( sigh
    Yeah, it would be nice if Aroma made a 100% VG, 24 mg, Very Special Unflavored WTA you could add to the mix...
    From what I've seen, there isn't a very high percentage of vapors who are PG intolerant, but they tend to be very loyal to any company who makes 100% VG juices for them.

I'm still waiting for nic free juices.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    Yeah, it would be nice if Aroma made a 100% VG, 24 mg, Very Special Unflavored WTA you could add to the mix...
    From what I've seen, there isn't a very high percentage of vapors who are PG intolerant, but they tend to be very loyal to any company who makes 100% VG juices for them.

I'm still waiting for nic free juices.

Not sure if that was sarcasm but I'll take is as if it was not because I always appreciate a fast response anywhere on the forums :)

I've tried the 100% VG based as I've been watching Aroma's website frequently, sometimes daily, for almost 2 years. There was a point in time where I gave up on the availability at Aroma. When I saw it in December, I jumped on it because I saw 100% VG based, but may have misinterpreted that to mean NOT 100%VG when it might mean that there's PG or some other solvent as well. 100% VG based does not mean 100% VG, at least not in many cases, from many suppliers.

I have bought some of Aroma's DIY WTA unflavored several times, in fact, when it was available. Unfortunately, then and now, I still have to dilute it because there's something besides 100% VG in there, unless, of course, the type of tobacco used causes the off taste similar to what is detected when PG or other solvents are in an e-liquid IMO. I'm sure many people don't detect it and that's wonderful for them:)

Just today, as a matter of fact, I've been wondering if certain tobacco or different processes, cause the 100% VG unflavored WTA eliquids to have a peculiar off-putting type of smell and taste, similar to PG, vinegar, citrus, metallic.... IDK

As to your comment about nic-free juices....Huh?
    Oh, wait, nah,
    nevermind.
    Thanks again:)

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    I'm looking at the VS Unflavored WTA label right now. "100% VG Based, No PG" and "Contains Vegetable Glycerin, Nicotine". Hope that clears that up. Sorry about your wonky tastebuds, and I'm sorry for being sarcastic in my earlier post.

I prefer to add DIY to aroma juices, as I can control the nic/WTA percentage, but since I normally vape 12 mg, and since I also like a fairly high level of WTA, it leaves me vaping at about 18 mg. I've gotten used to it, though. The DIY seems to have a higher alk content than the pre-made WTA juices...though it could all be in my head.

I'd prefer to just order 30 ml. Beatle Juice 0 nic, and 15 ml DIY 24 mg and mix the two to get 45ml/12mg Beatle Juice WTA.

Last edited:

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    I'm looking at the VS Unflavored WTA label right now. "100% VG Based, No PG" and "Contains Vegetable Glycerin, Nicotine". Hope that clears that up. Sorry about your wonky tastebuds, and I'm sorry for being sarcastic in my earlier post.

I prefer to add DIY to aroma juices, as I can control the nic/WTA percentage, but since I normally vape 12 mg, and since I also like a fairly high level of WTA, it leaves me vaping at about 18 mg. I've gotten used to it, though. The DIY seems to have a higher alk content than the pre-made WTA juices...though it could all be in my head.

In looking at the label on my bottle (AE1213-15) it reads "High -24mg 2.4% 100% VG Based." Mine does not say anything about having "no PG." A base of VG could have a lot of PG or other solvent. Some suppliers whose liquids that are VG based have up to 20% PG, which is not tolerable to those of us with sensitivities and adverse reactions to it.

Then again, like I mentioned before, perhaps the off taste and smell is due to the actual tobacco leaf and process that is used, IDK. I was simply adding my "wish list" comments when I posted a response to the OP :) It would be cool if a label would have something like 90VG/10PG or 100%VG/0% PG or something of that nature. Wait, actually some regular e-liquid suppliers do that already:facepalm: Just not all of the WTA suppliers....yet.

I don't have wonky taste buds. They are, however, highly discerning! :p

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    www.aromaejuice.com
    In looking at the label on my bottle (AE1213-15) it reads "High -24mg 2.4% 100% VG Based." Mine does not say anything about having "no PG." A base of VG could have a lot of PG or other solvent. Some suppliers whose liquids that are VG based have up to 20% PG, which is not tolerable to those of us with sensitivities and adverse reactions to it.

Then again, like I mentioned before, perhaps the off taste and smell is due to the actual tobacco leaf and process that is used, IDK. I was simply adding my "wish list" comments when I posted a response to the OP :) It would be cool if a label would have something like 90VG/10PG or 100%VG/0% PG or something of that nature. Wait, actually some regular e-liquid suppliers do that already:facepalm: Just not all of the WTA suppliers....yet.

I don't have wonky taste buds. They are, however, highly discerning! :p

I'm not sure what you are implying but our unflavored DIY WTA is 100% VG with 0% of PG. This is no dilution of any kind which includes Nicotine.

That being said I will see what can be done about the label stating 100%VG and 0%PG for future batches.

If you would like we will send you another batch of DIY WTA for free (shipping not included). All I ask is that you provide us with a unbiased review of the product we send you.

Last edited:

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    I'm not sure what you are implying but our unflavored DIY WTA is 100% VG with 0% of PG. This is no dilution of any kind which includes Nicotine.

That being said I will see what can be done about the label stating 100%VG and 0%PG for future batches.

If you would like we will send you another batch of DIY WTA for free (shipping not included). All I ask is that you provide us with a unbiased review of the product we send you.

Hi Jerry:)
    My first post on this thread today was a sort of wish list. In the past 2 years all the RedTail VG based flavored wta e-liquids had way too much PG, for me, so I have to dilute... but I kept trying and buying more. There are only a couple tobacco flavors as well (hence the reason for the OP.)

I have to dilute with my 100% VG to tone down the PG. Some of your e-liquids that I have purchased from you had 70VG/30PG on the labels (some never had any reference to VG/PG ratios at all), and one of my unflavored DIY 24mg wta was labeled 60/40. Way too much PG for me.

This new bottle that I bought in December is labeled as 100% VG Based. My "wonky taste buds" as PlanoMan put it, detects an acrid taste, but as I stated, not implied, it could be due to the type of tobacco or process involved. So, it must be the tobacco, right?

I buy and make 100% VG (as in no PG or other solvents used) and don't get the sharp bite like I do with the latest unflavored DIY and other's that I've tried.
    I do keep trying because I'm desperate to have the effects of truly unflavored WTA's 100% VG liquid that I was fortunate to buy last summer from another supplier. I keep trying because I don't want to have to dilute the wta effects.

Look at the ingredient list. Should say "contains..." If there is added PG or flavoring, that will be mentioned. If it has flavoring, chances are it's PG based, (you already know that, though).

In your statement 2 or 3 paragraphs above, you posted "100% VG Based, No PG" (with quotes) so I thought you actually meant yours had that exact wording on the label.

Last edited:

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    www.aromaejuice.com
    Hi Jerry:)
    My first post on this thread today was a sort of wish list. In the past 2 years all the RedTail VG based flavored wta e-liquids had way too much PG, for me, so I have to dilute... but I kept trying and buying more. There are only a couple tobacco flavors as well (hence the reason for the OP.)

I have to dilute with my 100% VG to tone down the PG. Some of your e-liquids that I have purchased from you had 70VG/30PG on the labels (some never had any reference to VG/PG ratios at all), and one of my unflavored DIY 24mg wta was labeled 60/40. Way too much PG for me.

This new bottle that I bought in December is labeled as 100% VG Based. My "wonky taste buds" as PlanoMan put it, detects an acrid taste, but as I stated, not implied, it could be due to the type of tobacco or process involved. So, it must be the tobacco, right?

I buy and make 100% VG (as in no PG or other solvents used) and don't get the sharp bite like I do with the latest unflavored DIY and other's that I've tried.
    I do keep trying because I'm desperate to have the effects of truly unflavored WTA's 100% VG liquid that I was fortunate to buy last summer from another supplier. I keep trying because I don't want to have to dilute the wta effects.

In your statement 2 or 3 paragraphs above, you posted "100% VG Based, No PG" (with quotes) so I thought you actually meant yours had that exact wording on the label.

Send me a pm and we will send you a small sample of our new batch for you to try out. All I ask is that you provide me and others with a honest review on our product.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    Send me a pm and we will send you a small sample of our new batch for you to try out. All I ask is that you provide me and others with a honest review on our product.

Sounds like a very good thing to do! :) Thanks!

Edit: Done. I will post an honest review.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    s4a,

In regard to what was printed on the label of those earlier batches, it was stated somewhere in this sub-forum that they were labeling errors. As you can see (although the paper label got soaked while I was moving), mine says 85% PG, and let me tell you, it was pretty apparent that it was 100% VG when dripped (there's no way in hell that was 85% PG. LOL). I can only guess what you were tasting, but I am certain it wasn't PG. Honestly though, aside from a harshness I got when vaping the Unflavored before from AeJ, I had always maintained that I really liked the taste.

As you can see from the new batch, the label does in fact read "100% VG Based, No PG." The viscosity is exactly the same as the other AE0913-15 and another Unflavored I had from AeJ.

photo (32).jpg

I couldn't get the lighting and focus right, so you may need to click on the pic to enlarge it.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    s4a,

In regard to what was printed on the label of those earlier batches, it was stated somewhere in this sub-forum that they were labeling errors. As you can see (although the paper label got soaked while I was moving), mine says 85% PG, and let me tell you, it was pretty apparent that it was 100% VG when dripped (there's no way in hell that was 85% PG. LOL). I can only guess what you were tasting, but I am certain it wasn't PG. Honestly though, aside from a harshness I got when vaping the Unflavored before from AeJ, I had always maintained that I really liked the taste.

As you can see from the new batch, the label does in fact read "100% VG Based, No PG." The viscosity is exactly the same as the other AE0913-15 and another Unflavored I had from AeJ.

View attachment 302266

I couldn't get the lighting and focus right, so you may need to click on the pic to enlarge it.

Hi:)
    Thanks Mr.Mann, yes the enlarged pic does show up better. None of my bottle's look like yours as far as the VG/PG ratios.

I'm glad you liked the taste of all your AeJ e-liquids. Hey, I've posted several 5 star reviews on their website and on this forum in the past couple years because like I said, the flavored RedTail WTA e-liquids are good flavors even when diluted with a lot of VG. (Although in my reviews I did not mention that I was diluting because it didn't matter regarding the general tone of my enthusiastic statements.)

You can only "guess" at what I was tasting, "but certain it wasn't PG" ??? Lol, Allrighty then. Case closed. There's no PG. There's only 100%VG in AeJ's unflavored and you like the taste despite the harshness. I had to hear it from the mann;) <<implied lightheartedness, no offense meant :)

I'll be anxious to taste the new improved VS line. God I hope I, too, like the taste despite the harshness! :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Hi:)
    Thanks Mr.Mann, yes the enlarged pic does show up better. None of my bottle's look like yours as far as the VG/PG ratios.

I'm glad you liked the taste of all your AeJ e-liquids. Hey, I've posted several 5 star reviews on their website and on this forum in the past couple years because like I said, the flavored RedTail WTA e-liquids are good flavors even when diluted with a lot of VG. (Although in my reviews I did not mention that I was diluting because it didn't matter regarding the general tone of my enthusiastic statements.)

You can only "guess" at what I was tasting, "but certain it wasn't PG" ??? Lol, Allrighty then. Case closed. There's no PG. There's only 100%VG in AeJ's unflavored and you like the taste despite the harshness. I had to hear it from the mann;) <<implied lightheartedness, no offense meant :)

I'll be anxious to taste the new improved VS line. God I hope I, too, like the taste despite the harshness! :)

Check back tomorrow and I'll post what I think, but according to the most knowledgeable person about WTA, DVap, the VS is as pleasant as the best of what he makes, i.e, no harshness (his reviews of the new VS are up in this sub-forum). I can say for sure that if it is just like the best of what DVap makes---it appears it will be based on the color and the aroma---then this will not only taste great, but it will be great all around.

I would vape it now just to get on with it already, but I've vaped too much today to try and assess something like this (it's not like it's just some random flavor after all. ;)).

Last edited:

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    Personally, I've come to quite dislike PG in eliquids, especially in an unflavored 24 mg WTA as it messes with the smoothness and warmth.

I'm not allergic to PG at all, it's just got crap vapor production, and the throat hit is more rough than smooth to me.

Hi DVap:)

Here's what happens to me when I vape e-liquids containing more than 1% up to maybe 3% PG (or other solvents that are not VG) ... sore throat and tongue, coughing, itching, burning watery eyes, immediate stuffy nose, sneezing, general queasiness, headaches. Some flavors, perhaps, do it to me as well, but then, I hear, there are flavors that are PG-based.

On the other hand, some headaches and nausea can also be attributed to over nic, which I have done on separate occasions as well, even with 100% VG. In fact, I've had a harsh "bite" sensation from different nic suppliers and have been wondering, if the "harshness" or "bite" that I'm finding is that "peppery" taste that comes from nicotine itself, i.e. certain tobacco leaves?

Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    Look at the ingredient list. Should say "contains..." If there is added PG or flavoring, that will be mentioned. If it has flavoring, chances are it's PG based, (you already know that, though).

Sorry about that. The VS DIY Unflavored has that exact wording on the label. My other post, above, was directed at the Red Tail Vapor (VG based) juices in general.

Good to see you in here again, Jerry.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    Sorry about that. The VS DIY Unflavored has that exact wording on the label. My other post, above, was directed at the Red Tail Vapor (VG based) juices in general.

Good to see you in here again, Jerry.

Thanks for the clarification. I think I get it now. Many bottles, regardless of WTA infused e-liquids or the DIY unflavored VG line, have different labeling and it can happen at any time.

As to the much earlier reference about PG-sensitive people. We have not been very vocal. Some of us are starting to talk about it - and more often. So much so, apparently, that some suppliers of e-liquids do list their PG/VG offerings more often now too:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread