Buying new mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainey

Feb 4, 2014
United States
Hi guys,

I'm going to be buying a new mod soon and I was looking for some input. I've only been vaping for about 5 months or so. My main piece is an iTaste 134 and I love it so far. I'm looking to get into rebuildables with the chance of learning more about sub ohm. I was looking at possibly buying a hammer clone by hcigar? Any thoughts on this mod, going sub ohm, or any other direction you guys can point me in would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Hi guys,

I'm going to be buying a new mod soon and I was looking for some input. I've only been vaping for about 5 months or so. My main piece is an iTaste 134 and I love it so far. I'm looking to get into rebuildables with the chance of learning more about sub ohm. I was looking at possibly buying a hammer clone by hcigar? Any thoughts on this mod, going sub ohm, or any other direction you guys can point me in would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Are you planning on using an extension tube with a 30 amp IMR battery in the hammer?

I wonder is the Hammer a true mechanical or is it a "hybrid" (as in does it have wires inside that go to the 510 connection)? Looking at pictures on google, it looks like a true mechanical but I can't tell for sure. If it is then as long as you use the right battery and vape safe you should be ok.

I just bought a Smok Magneto, a Patriot clone and a couple of 30 amp IMR's to try my hand at dual coils. I don't plan on building any below .8 Ohms and will probably always shoot for 1.0 Ohm builds.

shorestyle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Richmond, BC
If I were you I'd recommend getting a clone to start. Nemesis is a good choice. I, like many other started with one and then the rabbit hole opened haha.

What atty are you looking at getting? I'd recommend looking into an RDA like the IGO-L or IGO-W. Once you get good at building coils on that you could look at moving into a kayfun or kayfun clone if you want something with a tank.

Start slow, it makes it more fun!

trainey

Feb 4, 2014
United States
Are you planning on using an extension tube with a 30 amp IMR battery in the hammer?

I wonder is the Hammer a true mechanical or is it a "hybrid" (as in does it have wires inside that go to the 510 connection)? Looking at pictures on google, it looks like a true mechanical but I can't tell for sure. If it is then as long as you use the right battery and vape safe you should be ok.

I just bought a Smok Magneto, a Patriot clone and a couple of 30 amp IMR's to try my hand at dual coils. I don't plan on building any below .8 Ohms and will probably always shoot for 1.0 Ohm builds.

As far as I've read its a true mechanical. I'm not entirely fond of the hammer, especially how it looks when you add the extension tube. I mainly mentioned the hammer because its the only full mechanical mod I've seen sold locally and the only one I've had my hands on to look at in person. However I do like how the hammer is held sideways and can be used like a pipe. Are there any other mods that can be used this way? The nemesis that the poster above me mentioned looks nice, I was thinking of trying it with a trident clone.

trainey

Feb 4, 2014
United States
If I were you I'd recommend getting a clone to start. Nemesis is a good choice. I, like many other started with one and then the rabbit hole opened haha.

What atty are you looking at getting? I'd recommend looking into an RDA like the IGO-L or IGO-W. Once you get good at building coils on that you could look at moving into a kayfun or kayfun clone if you want something with a tank.

Start slow, it makes it more fun!

I've seen a lot of good stuff about the tridents as far as starters so thats what I'm leaning towards most.

I got a Hcigar Hammer and love the hell out of it. My recommendations would be is to get the magnet upgrade for the switch. You can get the magnets on ebay. Also I recommend getting a Sony 18650 30 amp battery if you are going to start sub ohming. Makes things a lot safer and it will perform a lot better for you. I just ordered my Nemesis and I heard a lot of great things about them. Just remember if you are going to buy clones buy from Hcigar they are the best from what I am hearing. Let me know if you got any questions about the hammer I will help out as much as I can. Right now I am running my Hammer with a Kraken at .5 ohms dual coil with cotton wick.

trainey

Feb 4, 2014
United States
I got a Hcigar Hammer and love the hell out of it. My recommendations would be is to get the magnet upgrade for the switch. You can get the magnets on ebay. Also I recommend getting a Sony 18650 30 amp battery if you are going to start sub ohming. Makes things a lot safer and it will perform a lot better for you. I just ordered my Nemesis and I heard a lot of great things about them. Just remember if you are going to buy clones buy from Hcigar they are the best from what I am hearing. Let me know if you got any questions about the hammer I will help out as much as I can. Right now I am running my Hammer with a Kraken at .5 ohms dual coil with cotton wick.

You have to use the extender for the Sony 18650?

They are both great mods. A buddy of mine has a Trident clone if that is what you are getting. It was difficult putting on the Hammer it wobbled on top of it. I noticed that the 510 pin came out further then I think it was supposed to. I have not used the Nemesis yet but from the research I did and the 100s of reviews I saw it is a great first timer mod. You got to get used to the configurations though when putting smaller 18350 batteries to bigger 18650 batteries. Once you get used to it though it will be a good mod. Just remember to get Hcigar products. They have a good name. Oh also if you are going to get the Hammer with the magnet switch upgrade get the Copper pin upgrade. With those two upgrades it will hit great. They make a magnet switch upgrade for the Nemesis also. But I didn't hear anybody complaining about the original switch.

trainey

Feb 4, 2014
United States
Sorry to jump in and possibly hijack but I'm looking for a mixed nemesis mod (with the ss and brass) clone. Does hcigar make this one and if so where can I order one?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Sorry wish I could help. My next task is checking out the nearby shops and if no luck then finding a reputable online vendor. The hcigar website seems to be down or something.

shorestyle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Richmond, BC
I think I'm settled. I'm going to buy a nemesis+trident clone. Even if I really really like everything and buy a more expensive mechanical later I'd probably still buy the hammer at some point just to add to my collection. Thanks for all the help guys, you made up my mind.

Good choice. Happy to help a fellow vaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread