Why Vapers are getting a BAD NAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEDBETTER122

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Alabama
I started vaping about 6 months ago; I am now completely winged off "Analog" cigarettes. I am glad that there is a Safer alternative to smoking, but I always hear and see complaints about E cigarette users. Now I treat my E-Cig as I would if it were a "Analog", I don't smoke in Walmarts or in Restaurants, because even though it's not a "Real" cigarette I find it disrespectful to others around you (Who don't smoke).

Getting to my story, today I took my 2 month old son and daughter (Twins) for their check up and shots. Me and my girlfriend were sitting in the lobby with around 5 other people with their children and infants with them. I noticed this woman sitting across the room bringing her jacket pocket up to her mouth (trying to be sneaky I guess), and exhaled a big plume of Vapor.

I of course got extremely POed, and said something to the woman, how it was disrespectful with all these Infants sitting within 10 feet of her "vaping".

I just think it's crazy how disrespectful some people get with the whole "It's not a real cigarette, so I can smoke it when and where I want".

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
beer_mug.gif
popcrn.gif

Diogenes

Moved On
Nov 5, 2013
Justice, IL
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate and disruptive

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
There is no second-hand vapor and infants will never, ever, ever remember that experience. She was harming no one and attempted to be stealthy about it. Now, getting caught is not stealthy "enough", but to have another vaper call her out...

Rudeness or not, there is no need to get upset. That woman never knew you, never met you, never interacted with you in your entire life up until that point. And yet you feel the right to interject yourself into her life? She "did something" to "piss you off", and now you have the right to enter her world and tell her what she's doing wrong?

Dude, face it, you're you, everyone else is everyone else, and not everyone's going to be or agree exactly like you. This applies to more than just vaping:

DEAL WITH IT.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
The whole "vape anywhere" attitude will be the undoing of ecigs.

I've vaped since 2009..if someone blew a cloud around my child, I'd say something..Especially in a doc's office. WTH? That's pretty douchey imo.

As a matter of fact, I think not saying anything to someone that is doing something along these lines is..well- cowardly.

Go vape in the bathroom/hallway/elevator/outside..where ever. Point being, people are never going to accept folks blowing clouds of vape in certain places. Period.

You can be as militant about vaping as you want..but your "habit" shouldn't invade other's space. When it does, don't be shocked to hear about it from them.

edit:lol at Mr. Doughnuts..peace out

Last edited:
Reactions: Garden gnome

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
I also get offended that someone does not simply have enough will power to wait to vape. I had an incident in walmart just a few weeks ago in the chip isle woman and man passing an ego back and forth between them vaping all over the store. They had a 2 yr old in the cart but that is not what offended me it was the fact that they should have vaped, smoked or used their nicotine product outside the store. It is not the idea that vapor is going to hurt anyone just the fact that they were invading others personal space. I don't vape in people's homes unless they do. Last time I checked walmart is not a vape or smoking lounge it is a store. I also find it disgusting that some people bring their monkeys or dogs into the grocery part of walmart. If I wanted to pet your damn animals I would come to your house.

LEDBETTER122

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Alabama
I probably would not have minded it, if she would have held it in.

There are such few studies about e-cigs and No long term studies, to prove that it is actually 100% safe.

Heck people probably thought it was safe at one point to start their cars in a closed garage, not knowing the exhaust actually had carbon monoxide in it.

The point is if you can’t wait 15 minutes without vaping while your in Wal-Mart or in a restaurant, get some nicorette or something.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
I also get offended that someone does not simply have enough will power to wait to vape.

... just the fact that they were invading others personal space.

So which is it? I get offended merely being in the presence of other humans. What, with the CO2 emissions, the flatulence, halitosis, colds, flu's and any other number of personal space invaders. I also get offended that someone does not simply have enough will power to not shop at Walmart.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Opening a second front in the warzone ?

ANTZ vs. vapers.
Anywhere-I-want-to-vapers vs. exercise-some-restraint-vapers.

Divide and conquer.

If vapers are having a go at each other it'll make it easier for those parties completely opposed to vaping.

This in-your-face-attitude ( and that means both parties in the opening argument ) isn't helping anybody.

A polite inquiry about the wisdom of vaping in this specific location might have yielded a better result than a confrontational course.

Vaping's got more than enough battlefields to fight on, I see litlle point in causing additional aggravation.

But heck, me's jes' a relaxed vaper guided by optimized personal energy management - some lesser educated might call it utter laziness ;) :

Frowning requires about 30 facial muscles to do some work, cracking a smile needs only 17 :)

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
Heck people probably thought it was safe at one point to start their cars in a closed garage, not knowing the exhaust actually had carbon monoxide in it.

Yup, I read some old newspaper clippings about the millions of people found dead in their garages during the advent of the automobile. :rolleyes:

The point is if you can’t wait 15 minutes without vaping while your in Wal-Mart or in a restaurant, get some nicorette or something.

Heck, you're right. Infact; why vape at all? Just support big pharma and get a whole bunch of Nicorette, or patches, or whatever.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
Yup, I read some old newspaper clippings about the millions of people found dead in their garages during the advent of the automobile. :rolleyes:

Heck, you're right. Infact; why vape at all? Just support big pharma and get a whole bunch of Nicorette, or patches, or whatever.

Why should someone even need you to explain why there is a cloud of "something" lingering around them? Especially in a Pediatrician's office lol..Just take it somewhere else. Simple. Even in a perfect world for ecigs..there are going to be places where it looks plain stupid doing it.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
Why should someone even need you to explain why there is a cloud of "something" lingering around them? Especially in a Pediatrician's office lol..Just take it somewhere else. Simple. Even in a perfect world for ecigs..there are going to be places where it looks plain stupid doing it.

I wouldn't have to explain because, even if I were to vape in such a place, I'm able to stealth vape successfully. Maybe, just maybe, the best course of action would have been to teach that natsy space invader how to do the same instead of flipping the F out about it.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
I wouldn't have to explain because, even if I were to vape in such a place, I'm able to stealth vape successfully. Maybe, just maybe, the best course of action would have been to teach that natsy space invader how to do the same instead of flipping the F out about it.

Sorry dude, but if you are rude\dumb enough to blow vape around my sick kids in a doc's office...without even knowing me..you're probably to stupid to rationalize with.

Not saying YOU, but just about the OP's story.

LEDBETTER122

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Alabama

CDC - Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Frequently Asked Questions

"Each year, more than 400 Americans die from unintentional CO poisoning, more than 20,000 visit the emergency room and more than 4,000 are hospitalized due to CO poisoning."

We know about carbone monoxide and there are still 20,000 visits to the emergency room. If you buy a generator at the store, on the label it will say Never use a generator inside homes, garages, crawlspaces, or other partly enclosed areas.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
Sorry dude, but if you are rude\dumb enough to blow vape around my sick kids in a doc's office...without even knowing me..you're probably to stupid to rationalize with.

Not saying YOU, but just about the OP's story.

I hear what you are saying but let me get this straight. You (the royal you) are in an enclosed space filled, throughout the day, with little Typhoid Mary's. You know what e-cig vapor is and contains and you are still going to get visibly upset that someone accidentally (from the sound of the OP) exhaled some e-cig vapor?

LEDBETTER122

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Alabama
I hear what you are saying but let me get this straight. You (the royal you) are in an enclosed space filled, throughout the day, with little Typhoid Mary's. You know what e-cig vapor is and contains and you are still going to get visibly upset that someone accidentally (from the sound of the OP) exhaled some e-cig vapor?

You can't "accidentally" exhale vapor, Because you didn't "Accidentally" inhale it.

She was not trying to hid the vapor, but was trying to hide the vaporizer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread