Status
Not open for further replies.

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
I am working with my IT people, on new website. It will be ready in a few weeks. I am having a hard time deciding on a domain name. I would love some opinions, please. Here are some of what I own already....please tell me which you like best.

Vapor4life
vape4life
vapeforlife
vape-on
vapeup
vaporgirl
vaporguy
vapor1
no-bacco
nubacco
no-sigs
no-sig
smilinsmokeless
smilinsmokers

Your input is greatly appreciated, as I am having hard time making this decision. I wanna make it fun, and meaningful.

Thanks in advance

God luck in your journey

Steve:shock:

CrystalLakeDave

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Carbondale PA
I actually work as an account manager at a domain name provider. I would say that your best bet is to take the name of your product as well as any nicknames for the product and put it into a domain name. Always get the .com, .net, and .org so competition or paid parking does not take it. Vaporforlife sounds good to me. Sounds catchy.

Last edited:

Bulldog44

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Raleigh NC
I am working with my IT people, on new website. It will be ready in a few weeks. I am having a hard time deciding on a domain name. I would love some opinions, please. Here are some of what I own already....please tell me which you like best.

Vapor4life
vape4life
vapeforlife
vape-on
vapeup
vaporgirl
vaporguy
vapor1
no-bacco
nubacco
no-sigs
no-sig
smilinsmokeless
smilinsmokers

Your input is greatly appreciated, as I am having hard time making this decision. I wanna make it fun, and meaningful.

Thanks in advance

God luck in your journey

Steve:shock:
I vote for vaporforlife and sync it and vapor4life together.

dc32

Feb 9, 2009
USA, New Jersey
if nobacco (without the hyphen) is available I think that's a great one, easy to remember and catchy

I don't like vapor for life because when someone is telling someone else about the site and is like "yo, check out vapor4life" they are not going to know if its vapor for life or vapor 4 life

I think the simpler, the easier to remember (not like vapor4life is hard to remember or anything), but you catch my drift

Hi Steve,

how are ya? :)

I am in the business of buying and selling domain names and in my honest opinion I would go with the domain name vapeforlife.com. My reason being that numbers and letters to people are confusing. Imagine trying to tell someone over the phone to visit your website and then having to clarify with them that the word "for" is actually the number "4." Easy to pronounce domain names with the correct spelling is easy to give to someone over the phone.

Hyphens in domain names are also NOT the best thing as it GREATLY confuses people. The reason I believe (though I'm not 100% certain) that people use hyphens is because search engines count each word as separate. For example. If someone were to Google search "new cars" and you own the domain name "new-cars.com" you will show up on top of Google. Google counts hyphenated words as 2 seperate words which is why some people prefer an hyphenated domain name.

In case you are interested (and I am NOT trying to sound like a salesman, lol) I have the 2 domain names www.cig.info and www.artificialsmoke.com for sale which would be the PERFECT domain name for an electronic cigarette site.

If you would like to learn a little more about domain names you can visit my blog [COLOR="Blue"]www.domainer.me[/COLOR]

Please Note: Since I have been VERY busy lately with some other projects, it's been a while since I have last updated my blog with some new and relevant content.

I hope that my info helps. :)

Last edited:

drlongjon

Moved On
Mar 5, 2009
  • Deleted by CaSHMeRe
  • Reason: Spam

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
Thanks for the input, especially the hyphen info. Never new that. Can you get me vaporforlife? PM so so we can talk.

Steve

Hi Steve,

how are ya? :)

I am in the business of buying and selling domain names and in my honest opinion I would go with the domain name vapeforlife.com. My reason being that numbers and letters to people are confusing. Imagine trying to tell someone over the phone to visit your website and then having to clarify with them that the word "for" is actually the number "4." Easy to pronounce domain names with the correct spelling is easy to give to someone over the phone.

Hyphens in domain names are also NOT the best thing as it GREATLY confuses people. The reason I believe (though I'm not 100% certain) that people use hyphens is because search engines count each word as separate. For example. If someone were to Google search "new cars" and you own the domain name "new-cars.com" you will show up on top of Google. Google counts hyphenated words as 2 seperate words which is why some people prefer an hyphenated domain name.

In case you are interested (and I am NOT trying to sound like a salesman, lol) I have the 2 domain names www.cig.info and www.artificialsmoke.com for sale which would be the PERFECT domain name for an electronic cigarette site.

If you would like to learn a little more about domain names you can visit my blog www.domainer.me

Please Note: Since I have been VERY busy lately with some other projects, it's been a while since I have last updated my blog with some new and relevant content.

I hope that my info helps. :)

If vaporforlife is taken then stay away from any variant of it as you will simply end up sending traffic to your competition as often as you get your own becasue people will confuse them.

Personally I think nobacco and nubacco are effective since they are memorable and different from all of the e*cig and vape* names out there. This name space got crowded very fast. You want to stand out and not blend into the crowd if at all possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread