Intense confusion about thread stripping/what i did to my tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearman94

Moved On
Dec 13, 2012
USA
So i have an iTaste MVP2
I was using the innokin iclear 30 B and pulled it out of my pocket and it just flopped off.
I tried to screw the tank back in but it doesnt work. if i turn it as if i were to tighten it, it just spins in circles and feels as if the thread of the Iclear has magically shrunk . and im so puzzled by how it doesnt seem to fit in at all. nothing broke off, the thread is still the same length but it simply will not screw or catch the thread no matter how hard i try.... It fits on other EGO batteries, and other tanks and attys fit on my MVP2 so i know thats not stripped.. but
the tank's threads look the same as they did before this happened..
any information please D:
thank you !
-B

Art02

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2013
Manassas, VA
Double check the iTaste's 510 threads, it sounds as if the iclears threads are stuck in the itaste. Take another 510 carto or something and see if that screws in, if not it's almost certain your iclears outer threading is in there.

Yes, of course. Brilliant. But it took you 27 minutes to reply. We let this guy down. He probably gave up.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
I'm sure he did'nt give up, but after looking at my answer i'm not so sure it's correct, since he said he was able to screw other attys into his itaste. I had someone with this scenario send me a mod once to check out, and that was the problem, the carto threads were stuck in it. I did'nt see the carto, but it must have looked normal to her. You'd think if the threads were missing on a carto it would be obvious, but that's not necessarily so.
Some pics might help if he has'nt gotten it figured out when he comes back.

bearman

Nov 12, 2012
USA
20140205_162438.jpg 20140205_162503.jpg

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
This baffles me, and I'm very glad I was snug asleep when you posted the question, or it would have kept me awake. Lol.

I was thinking along the same lines as bac, but if other things are screwing down on the MVP, then the outer threads can't be stuck in there, and it appears that the outer threads are still on the iclear in the pic. I guess it could be that both sets of threads have just worn down enough to not catch, and I guess that would fit with the scenario of pulling it out of your pocket and having them pull apart.

Does iclear sell separate bases for their tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread