China Clone or The Real Deal PV?

Do you own a China Clone or The Real Deal?

• I own a "China Clone".

• I own "The Real Deal".

• I own both.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
Let's see if I can get this poll working.

Do you prefer a China Clone or The Real Deal?

Do you own a China Clone or Authentic Brand PV?

Share what you have and why you like or dislike it.

This poll was inspired by the threads on if cloning is unethical and I was curious how many ECF members actually prefer a more inexpensive clone over the highly priced original PV/APV.

Last edited:

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
I was thinking about why would someone prefer a clone or original PV.

Generally speaking but with exceptions of course, clone's offer a low cost advantage and high availability while original PV's are higher quality and comes with a higher price tag along with low availability.

A clone would be something that looks similar or a close duplicate like the popular Pinoy mods.

I really don't want to get into a debate over personal and business ethics because it will most likely close this poll/thread. I'm just interested in seeing the poll numbers speak for themselves.

Only post what you like or dislike if you already own that device.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Surprisingly close results! I have to admit, while I've always gone for the real deal for anything in the past, certain reviews on YouTube of clones make it very tempting. Some seem to be 95% as good as the real deal with only slight differences such as finish or sizes. It's becoming quite difficult to find some of the real things such as Trident RDA's here in the UK because they sell so fast, so a quality clone is the next best thing I guess.

I would prefer to support the innovators and be rewarded with fine craftsmanship over mass production (regardless of quality).

SimianSteam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
The Jungle
I answered "Both", but at one point I was 100% clones. Since I made the switch to ePipes I'm mostly originals. There are some chinese made pipes that are somewhat decent, but you just can't beat the handcrafted originals. A tube mod can be easily replicated with machinery, but a handcarved wooden pipe cannot.

BTW this what the chinese site mixmelot.com considers vaping related for some reason. a jeweled golden .... plug http://www.mixmelot.com/sku-63759 63759.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread