VAMO V5 .. Which Clearomizer seems to work best with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
My son is in Japan and is looking to buy a Vamo V5 from BangGood: VAMO V5 2200mah Chrome Atomizer Clearomizer Electronic Cigarette - US$40.79

The problem is, this Vamo V5 is shipped with a CE4 atomizer / clearomizer. The CE4 looks like it only holds about 1.4ml of juice which isn't very much. My son is looking to install a Clearomizer that holds closer to 2.5ml or slightly more juice.

Also, I see that the Vamo V5 is 22mm in diameter. That CE4 that comes with it is only 15mm in diameter. I think a wider Clearomizer closer to the 22mm diameter of the Vamo V5 would be a better choice.

I also understand that the Vamo V5 is 510 theaded, so obviously a 510 style Clearomizer would be better suited for the Vamo V5 than a eGo threaded Clearomizer.

So, I guess my question for you good folks is this ... Do you have a recommendation for a good Clearomizer that:

1. holds about 2.4 - 3.0ml of juice

2. that is 510 threaded

3. that is about the same width (22mm) as the Vamo V5

4. and has reasonably priced replacement coil/wick cartridges that are easy to change?

Thanks,
Ron

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
A VAMO has a recessed eGo/510 connector. Any eGo threaded clearo should fit, except the Kanger T3s with it's fatter than average base. But if he wants something large enough to be close to the diameter of the VAMO itself, and still technically be a clearo, the only couple I can think of would be a Kanger ProTank - AIRC at 19 mm, or the dbox Puritank. Both of those use the 510 threads only.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
These choices are really confusing ... As you folks stated, it looks like the:

Kanger . . Pro Tank 2
Kanger . . Pro Tank 3
Kanger . . Unitank
Kanger . . Aerotank

all will work fine on top of the Vamo V5 battery. They all have 2.5 ml tanks, all are the same diameter, and all are 510 threaded ... Now, which one of these 4 different Clearomizers would be the best choice, and have the best availability of replaceable cheap coil/wick cartridges?

Also, I don't like a metal mouthpiece ... I wonder if any of these 4 different Kanger Clearomizers have optional plastic mouthpieces that can be used instead? (don't drip, so that's not important)

And then as was mentioned, we have the DBOX PuriTank. Its pretty big since it holds 3.5ml of juice. Seems like some of the reviews I have read say they like the PuriTank better than those various Kanger Clearomizors I listed above ... I wonder if there are cheap replacement coils and a plastic mouthpiece available for the PuriTank?

Ron,

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Right now I am rocking a PT2 mini clone from FT, with clone coils that I rebuilt myself with 30ga wire, cotton coil wick, cotton flavor wick, been hitting PERFECTLY for about 2 weeks like a champ...nice thing is, its eGo threaded instead of 510 so I won't strip out the 510 connector.

coil packs https://www.fasttech.com/p/1423103
full size
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1460902

all drip tips can fit them fine

These also work surprisingly well
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1437008
larger tank
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1456403

Just remember you don't need to rebuild protank/EVOD coils to make them work well...all you have to do is a very simple "Tuneup"

Last edited:

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
A VAMO has a recessed eGo/510 connector. Any eGo threaded clearo should fit, except the Kanger T3s with it's fatter than average base. But if he wants something large enough to be close to the diameter of the VAMO itself, and still technically be a clearo, the only couple I can think of would be a Kanger ProTank - AIRC at 19 mm, or the dbox Puritank. Both of those use the 510 threads only.

Actually the Kanger T3s does fit on my VAMO V5 but don't know about earlier versions.

I'm using Aspire Nautilus, KayFun Lite Plus, Aspire Vivi Nova as well as the rest of the Aspire clearomizer line.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
These choices are really confusing ... As you folks stated, it looks like the:

Kanger . . Pro Tank 2
Kanger . . Pro Tank 3
Kanger . . Unitank
Kanger . . Aerotank
I love the Kangor products. I believe that the Unitank and ProTank 3 come with an eGo beauty ring. I know the Aerotank does. I use it with my Aerotank to provide a slightly more stable connection between tank and Vamo V5. The PT3 and Aerotank are duel coil, the PT2 and Unitank are single coil. All except the Unitank are glass tanks so any juice works in them. All (I'm unsure about the Unitank) come with a replaceable metal drip tip. I'd suggest the Aerotank. There's an entire subforum here now on tanks and rebuildables with tons of info. You really want to check it out. It's titled Clearomizers. It really is personal preference for some of the choices like single or duel coil.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
I am vaping on a Vamo V5 right now and often use a Protank3 on it, fits great and works really well (dual coil joy). I also have Protank Mini IIs and Evod and the coils between those type are interchangable which is great.

The CE4 is junk...doesn't vape worth a darn, leaks, all around blah. Spend a few extra bucks and pick up one of the Protanks, would suggest either the 3 or the aero if he wants that kind of capacity, or maybe an Aspire which are a litte less expensive.

BTW, with the Protanks you can take the tip off and replace with whatever you want to use for a drip tip. Don't think you can with the Aspire tanks but I could easily be wrong about that.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
I am vaping on a Vamo V5 right now and often use a Protank3 on it, fits great and works really well (dual coil joy). I also have Protank Mini IIs and Evod and the coils between those type are interchangable which is great.

The CE4 is junk...doesn't vape worth a darn, leaks, all around blah. Spend a few extra bucks and pick up one of the Protanks, would suggest either the 3 or the aero if he wants that kind of capacity, or maybe an Aspire which are a litte less expensive.

BTW, with the Protanks you can take the tip off and replace with whatever you want to use for a drip tip. Don't think you can with the Aspire tanks but I could easily be wrong about that.

You can change drip tips on the Aspire Vivi Nova and Nautilus as for the rest of the smaller clearomizers the CE5 and rest of their line except the T3 model.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I originally was asking this info for my son since he has a Vamo and asked me what would be a good clearomizer to stick on it. I passed on this info about the AeroTank to him ... I think that is what he is going to buy.

I have a question for myself ... I am thinking of buying a Caravela mechanical Mod (clone) from FastTech. I don't want to use my T2 on this mechanical Mod, so now I am also thinking of using a AeroTank on it too. Both the Caravela clone and the AeroTank have 510 threading, so I think the fit will be ok .... what do you think?

Ron,

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
I'm using the CE5, T3s, Vivi Nova and Nautilus all by Aspire as well as the Kayfun Lite Plus, IGO-W and soon the Anyvape Davide KING Aspire GLASS BDC Dual Coil 3.0ml which I just got and promptly lost an O ring not in the kit cleaning it the first time. I actually have 2 of them just haven't used the backup yet as I'm trying to use up the 3 things I have filled up now. I've found pretty much anything above 1.2 ohms works fine on the Vamo with the only restrictions would be those that limit the supply device only.

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
Gunner83:12190655 said:
You guy using the Aspire Nautilus tanks on your Vamos, could I bother you for a pic of them together?

I'm thinking about picking up a Nautilus now that I know the heads can be rebuilt, and would like to see how it looks on a Vamo.

EDIT: Google doesn't find me any pics of them together.

I will post a picture in the morning for you.

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
You guy using the Aspire Nautilus tanks on your Vamos, could I bother you for a pic of them together?

I'm thinking about picking up a Nautilus now that I know the heads can be rebuilt, and would like to see how it looks on a Vamo.

EDIT: Google doesn't find me any pics of them together.

Here ya go... Nautilus on top of a SS Vamo V5 in 18650 mode

vamo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread