Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Yes, it's noisier than a clearo. The first time I got mine I was rather bothered by the noice, but now I'm used to it LOL How's the vape?

The vapor is Great. Same juice in my IB tank and PT2 and what a difference. Now I can taste the juice. Thanks for the sound information.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
There is a happy crackle when everything is perfect and you will find yourself seeking that. The noise does take some by surprise and it can be less or more but generally when it is cackling away the vape is very nice so most just associate it with having done things right :D

For a completely different vape try parting your lips a little when taking a draw allowing air to come in to your mouth around the drip tip along with the draw. Might surprise you on how such a small thing will will make a huge difference.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
Holy moly - I tried that while reading this post - who knew!

There is a happy crackle when everything is perfect and you will find yourself seeking that. The noise does take some by surprise and it can be less or more but generally when it is cackling away the vape is very nice so most just associate it with having done things right :D

For a completely different vape try parting your lips a little when taking a draw allowing air to come in to your mouth around the drip tip along with the draw. Might surprise you on how such a small thing will will make a huge difference.

scscheib

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Pittsburgh,PA,USA
You didn't prime the carto at all?

Yes, I primed the carto. I meant I did not use the "thingy" to prime it. Honestly, I do not know how to use the thingy, which my understanding is the plastic tube with cap that the tank comes in? I am however having an airflow problem on my carto tanks. I have an IBTanked and two others and they all seem to have a very "airy" hit when using. Does anyone know how to correct this?

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
You should have gotten a pamphlet with your tank with pictures and a description as to how to set it up. This describes the priming of a cartomizer using the Thingy (yes it it the plastic bottle the tanks ship in). If you didnt get the flyer or misplaced it then it is available on the FAQ page of the site with print quality links.

It is crucial to get a new cartomizer primed properly before putting much power to it. This is just something that is learned for cartomizer users. Almost all failures of cartomizers are due to apply too much power before the coil is actually wet and ready to use that energy transforming liquid into vapor. If that energy is available and the liquid is not there yet the coil will use that power to go to red hot because the power is not being bled off vaporizing the liquid that isnt there yet. Once the liquid is there and assuming the power level is not higher than its ability to strip that power off in the form of creating vapor from liquid you cannot burn a cartomizer because the energy is spent.

Its all about setting it up correctly from the beginning. Once you have this down it becomes a minute or two a week or whatever rate you change the cartomizer. The rest of the time is fill and vape.

ETA*** On the airy, there is not a lot you can do there. If you choke a cartomizer tank down you change the vacuum dynamics on the tank which will draw more liquid with each draw leading you to a flooded cartomizer.

It is all about a balance to find a style that fits your setup to draw in the correct amount of liquid for what is being atomized. Find this balance and its all good.

Last edited:

scscheib

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Pittsburgh,PA,USA
You should have gotten a pamphlet with your tank with pictures and a description as to how to set it up. This describes the priming of a cartomizer using the Thingy (yes it it the plastic bottle the tanks ship in). If you didnt get the flyer or misplaced it then it is available on the FAQ page of the site with print quality links.

It is crucial to get a new cartomizer primed properly before putting much power to it. This is just something that is learned for cartomizer users. Almost all failures of cartomizers are due to apply too much power before the coil is actually wet and ready to use that energy transforming liquid into vapor. If that energy is available and the liquid is not there yet the coil will use that power to go to red hot because the power is not being bled off vaporizing the liquid that isnt there yet. Once the liquid is there and assuming the power level is not higher than its ability to strip that power off in the form of creating vapor from liquid you cannot burn a cartomizer because the energy is spent.

Its all about setting it up correctly from the beginning. Once you have this down it becomes a minute or two a week or whatever rate you change the cartomizer. The rest of the time is fill and vape.

ETA*** On the airy, there is not a lot you can do there. If you choke a cartomizer tank down you change the vacuum dynamics on the tank which will draw more liquid with each draw leading you to a flooded cartomizer.

It is all about a balance to find a style that fits your setup to draw in the correct amount of liquid for what is being atomized. Find this balance and its all good.

Hey Vicki,
Yes I did get the pamphlet but honestly did not follow it all that well. I had watched videos online and read a ton before ordering so when I got them I primed them using the syringe that I had ordered with other gear online. I stuck the needle down into the tank being sure to get liquid in deep all around the carto bottom. I do this and then continue to fill until I can see that it is wet, but not being too wet. So far I have not experienced any burnt taste or failed cartos.
I am learning that the airy hit is on other cartotanks as well so I certainly have nothing against your product, they are very well priced and seem very well made, no complaints. I think my issue is that I simply do not like the carto/tank setup for my vaping experience. I bought an iClear30s from a local B&M while I was waiting for online orders to come in and so far it is the best performing tank that I have experienced. Used on my Provari it provides the best flavor, throat hit, vape cloud that I have found so far. Of course its not nearly as attractive as other tanks out there, yours included. So, like you said its all about finding that balance. I am awaiting some RBA's I have ordered so I can try my hand at that. I suppose like many, I am in search of the best vaping experience I can find. Of course that is a very subjective term, I understand that.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Well, i am not Vikki, thats my Daughter :D I can certainly understand taste being something that is very much the individual. you sound like you might like the Sophia, stiffer draw and different profile to the vapor. You can use that along with a few other cartomizer sized rebuildables in our tanks.

I personally think much of the difference is in what someone wants from their vape, I being one of those who wants to pretend to smoke like the slightly raspy, smokey texture a good cartomizer gives along with the flavor of my my choosing. Most of the atomizers setups I have used even with the same liquid are very different, not bad but for me not worth the extra effort of swapping out a cartomizer when its run its course and not quite what I expect when I draw in what my mind is expecting from what I had smoked for 37 years prior to switching to vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread