Petition: Democratic (or ex-Dem) voters to Democratic Party: STOP THAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
http://www.change.org/petitions/dem...science-over-ideology-regarding-e-cigarettes?

It broke my heart to leave the Democratic party, I feel so so betrayed. But observing when I go to legislative bodies to speak, it looks to me like the officeholders are looking at 2014, not at the long-term interests of either me or their own party.

So I figure the strategists might be easier to alert that they're shooting themselves in the foot, and I started this petition, which I'll have to call and fax into various National, State, and Local party headquarters when it's got a lot of signatures.

I probably won't have time to hit all 50 states and major counties, so once it's got a lot of sigs I might ask for help contacting some branches.

Thanks.

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
Great idea Berylanna :thumb:

But I highly doubt it will get much traction with the DNC as they stand to gain more votes from all the do gooders and socker moms that fall for the old nonsense about the "Democrats" being for the common man and against big business horse pookie they usually spout to the youngsters and other numbskulls who dont posess the ability to think for themselves. The vaping community is just another group of smokers that are better off dieing from cigarette smoke as far as they're concerned. Goes along with them (the dnc led the way on fsc legislation and still they do) making cigarettes several times more poisonous when they made FSC mandatory in several states and still push for it on a federal level even though its been proven to make cigarettes several times more deadly. Fact is smokers are labrats better off dead and they dont care about health or reducing the skyrocketing costs of healthcare. Ecigs are a healthy alternative to cigarettes but we represent a roadblock along the path for the nanny party.

I will sign the petition but for several reasons not worth mentioning, I could never find myself falling for their bleeding heart lies or voting for one over the past forty plus years. They are just so full of crap and transparent on most issues that I actually feel sorry for the fools who fall for their daily party line sound bytes.

Anyway, good luck with the petition and I sincerely hope it has some impact on the party stance. If it affects just one big d politition, then it was worth doing and I believe it will at least do that. :thumb:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Well written! this is EXACTLY how I feel word for word! Though, I lost hope in the petition process thanks to the White House, I have signed and am with you on this one:)

I ditto the thumbs up and echo a big thanks for this too, Berylana. :vapor:

2coils, I noticed something the other day, that might be of interest. The we the people petitions that were responded to had more than one or two petitions per subject. Perhaps we vapers need to ramp it up over there. :).
In fact, more opposition or support to other petitions wouldn't hurt either. I would start one, but it would be my luck id have to talk or something of leadership quality, & I don't do talking. I do typos only. Typos are nice.

Last edited:

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
Great idea Berylanna :thumb:

But I highly doubt it will get much traction with the DNC as they stand to gain more votes from all the do gooders and socker moms that fall for the old nonsense about the "Democrats" being for the common man and against big business horse pookie they usually spout to the youngsters and other numbskulls who dont posess the ability to think for themselves.

Anyway, good luck with the petition and I sincerely hope it has some impact on the party stance. If it affects just one big d politition, then it was worth doing and I believe it will at least do that. :thumb:

Look at Oklahoma, Utah and Kentucky. Conservatives have been sec-nannies for decades, now some of them are nannying on this subject, too.

And I cannot imaging ONE bleeding-heart switching from Democrat to Republican if the Democrats stop supporting the ANTZ. Green, maybe, but that's not who the Dem strategists are afraid of. THAT is why this is targeted at strategists (who presumably have time to think, since they're not running for office or vote-trading for their bills) ...this is a strategic mistake for Democrats.

BUT I do NOT think the Democrats are the only ones. They are just the only ones with whom I, personally, feel like an insider and therefore able to speak as one. If you are a conservative by nature, write one for THEM. If you're a Doctor, write to the AMA. If you're a firefighter, write to Public Safety organizations.

The point of this is NOT that the Dems are the only culprits, it's that they are MY culprits.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
BTW, I have 3 times listened online and 4 times sat in legislative hearings at the state, county, and city level and heard medical people (or, in some cases, FAKE medical people like the American Lung Association or the American Cancer Society) lobby these folks HARD, against e-cigs. Half of those medical people were being honest or clueless, the other half were lying ANTZ.

The clueless ones could be fixed.

Two of those times, public safety people (NOT Firefighters) were lobbying and/or testifying against us also.

Cops respect firefighters, and when people die in a cigarette-caused fire, BOTH groups show up. So anybody with friends, family, self, etc, in firefighting or public safety, DO lobby them.

USFA Smoking & Home Fires

Every year, almost 1,000 smokers and non-smokers are killed in home fires caused by cigarettes and other smoking materials. The U.S. Fire Administration is working to help prevent home fire deaths and injuries caused by smoking materials. Fires caused by cigarettes and other smoking materials are preventable.

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
The point of this is NOT that the Dems are the only culprits, it's that they are MY culprits.

Point well taken. So not to derail the direction you're going here I do agree that it's mainly the bleeding hearted nanny types that are the problem, and yes i agree there are pleanty of rhinos that play right into the scenarios voting along with the antz and nanny libs.

USFA Smoking & Home Fires

But oh nooooo, don't even get me started about cig caused fires nonsense, arrrgh.
Cigarette caused fires represent a miniscule number of deaths and injuries when compared to the millions of additional cig smokers that are dieing because of the damned FSC legislation. Don't even get me started on how the smokers rights werent even talen into consideration when the FSC legislation was put into law. AS I mentioned before, the smokers may as well be thought of as labrats in the antz "quit or die, genocide against smokers" mindset.
Within a few weeks of the fsc hitting the market, FSC cigs rapidly exacerbated my own lung condition and in essence gave me copd, which forced me to have to roll my own in order to get away from the extreme increase in poisons present in the mandated FSC cigs. These FSC's are literally killing millions all to save very few from house fires that are mainly caused by ignorant smokers, most of them alcoholic fools who fall asleep in bed with a cigarette in hand

http://healthwyze.org/index.php/com...arettes-and-the-genocide-against-smokers.html

Are the new FSC fire-safe cigarettes making smokers sicker than ever? - National Holistic Science & Spirit | Examiner.com

Fire safe cigarettes create even more lung damage

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rebecca-brooks/fire-safe-cigarette-laws_b_519867.html

Last edited:

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
Received email we're up to 64 in just a couple of days. Nice, for just ECF and FB. I'm trying to think of something creative to do to get it to spread like a chain letter, let me know if you think of something....I don't think a national party will be scared of losing 64 voters.

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
duplicating this thread title across several websites, not just vape sites, and then searching for it regularly on google and other engines would probably generate massive hits.

You can also add a big list of keywords in non visible white text to the opening post so search engines hit it more :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread