Dropped e-cig in water

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxconv91

Mar 31, 2010
California
Well like the title says, I dropped my e-cig in the water. I grabbed it as fast as I could but it still was soaking by the time it came out. This was with an auto battery too.

I am hoping that when it dries out all will be good but for now it is dead. I have spilled stuff on laptops before, took them apart cleaned and dried and they still work. Hopefully the same will be true.

Good thing, I ordered some more batts the other day.

need to make sure you let it dry

I ran my 401/auto & all in the wash.... & Dried it and it vaped great afterwords... :)
but when I dropped it in hotwater freshly juiced up the battery stopped working.
Tried running it thru dryer & didn't fix it this time.
The sensor inside was caked full of juice.

Last incident happened when I placed my 510 order.
Now IM back on the 401 with mod.

Last edited:

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I did that with a cell phone once and it would not vape any more even when I dried it out.

ugly%20man%20laugh.gif

lxconv91

Mar 31, 2010
California
Good news! I took a hair drier and dried it for a while and it has come back to life. I was rotating my L88 and 510 batts which did its job. My other spares should be here today, hopefully. I got manual ones, which I think I am going to like better than the auto batts.

this is why you must be very careful vaping while you take a crap

I was wondering why it was tasting like ...... J/K

Luckily, I wasn't. Just got done shaving grabbed my shirt that had the fresh e-cig ready to go on it kaplunk perfect shot in the toilet. Something I couldn't do if I tried.

I did that with a cell phone once and it would not vape any more even when I dried it out.

I did this in a urinal once at a hockey game, it still might be there. I just took the loss didnt feel like going fishing in yellow water.:nah:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Well like the title says, I dropped my e-cig in the water. I grabbed it as fast as I could but it still was soaking by the time it came out. This was with an auto battery too.

I am hoping that when it dries out all will be good but for now it is dead. I have spilled stuff on laptops before, took them apart cleaned and dried and they still work. Hopefully the same will be true.

Good thing, I ordered some more batts the other day.
If you haven't thrown it away yet, try this: Do not put it in the charger.....use a hair dryer on a moderate heat (like a styling heat) and sit it up on a towel or something and just turn the dryer on for 15 or 25 miniutes. Then let it cool for awhile, and try it again on your ecig..
I dropped my Janty Stick in the dishwater the other night, it would not do anything, so took the battery and everything out, dried all as above, and it worked fine after I let it cool down, battery too. Worth a try.
I've used that method to also dry out watches that had moisture in them, I don't know where the molecules go but they're gone.
If you're brave enough to try, (I'm not sure I would be!) put it back in the charger but do not leave it unattended. If it smokes or feels warm on the body throw it outside fast using a hot pad!

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Journey84

AaronCooper

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
UK
You can put a computer in the bath, take it out and leave it to dry for a week and it will work perfectly so i'm sure a e-cig battery will be fine.

The most important thing is to make sure it's 100% and i mean 100% dry both internally and externally, once it is, then use it.. People make the mistake of testing if it still works too soon and cause things to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread