Cotton rebuilds and Protank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
NC
Rebuilding with cotton is going well. Working fine in evods, t3 and t3s. But I put the coil in my pt2 and the draw is really tight.

I tried less cotton. Same thing. I don't think I could put any less in there without it leaking all over the place.

Checked the air holes, no clogs. Put a silica coil in there and worked fine. Put the cotton one back in and it's tight again.

Help?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Papajohns

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
LB, CA, USA
Hmm strange. The PT2 is known to have a tight draw if you screw it down all the way, but im not sure that is the problem if it was working with another coil. How much cotton do you use? It expands, so you generally have to use less than you think. Any flavor wicks? I have heard of problems with and without.
I use the aerotank base on my PT2 to fix the airflow and my cotton wicks work fine.

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
NC
I even tried turning the little silicone cap upside down.

I'm not sure how to measure how much cotton I'm using... Is very little. I wrap 32ga kanthal around a 1/16 drill bit. The amount of cotton I thread through is enough to slide through without much resistance at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
If you put alot of cotton in there it will choke, Too little and it will Flood. Although you want some resistance while pulling through you don't want the coil to move around leading to a short.

I've heard PT2 gets something wrong with some kind of silicone something that restricts the airflow... Lots of help i know Lol.

Getting the Aerobase will solve ya problem

Christopherja

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2013
Nottingham

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
NC
Well, with cotton, less is almost always more - so even a level that you might think would cause a flood might not. In my MPT2 rebuilds, the amount of cotton I thread through a 1.2mm contact coil certainly looks for all the world like it would immediately flood - but I fluff-out the ends, and all is well!

You might want to check this thread too: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/486794-protank-microcoil-discussion.html

I can't figure out why the coils I build with cotton (the same amount, probably more) work so well in my evods/T3/T3S etc. but not the Protank. GAH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread