Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
What kind of e-cig do you use...or more specifically what kind of cartridges ? Do you use cartomizers ?

I'm using kr8 manual and auto batteries and cartriges (just got some Turbos) exclusively. I like the convenience of the two-piece design. And 11-12 mg is my favorite strength. I was worried that HV liquids may be too thick for cartos, and I'm worried about the "high octane"--Drew says they are much stronger than other liquids at that strength, thus my questions.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Oh hi Katya...doh!....I know what you use from the carto threads.

Yeah....this is just my opinion....I'm sure Drew will jump in here if I'm wrong...but it would seem that the High Octane stuff is tailor made for cartos. Since vaping with the KR8/cartos is a long,slow drag AND because the Turbos run cooler I don't think you would have any worries at all. The turbos seem to give less flavor so the HO juice might be just perfect. Plus....you can always just add a few drops of PG or VG/water...that would tone down the flavor and the nic level.

As for the High Octane...it's only 10mg. I fully intend to try this one! It looks like a truely fine product that you can vape with confidence. There are not many liquids out there that can make the claims this one makes....all USP ingredients is VERY important to me. I would sure like to see this one in some other flavors.....hint..hint....

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Oh hi Katya...doh!....I know what you use from the carto threads.

Yeah....this is just my opinion....I'm sure Drew will jump in here if I'm wrong...but it would seem that the High Octane stuff is tailor made for cartos. Since vaping with the KR8/cartos is a long,slow drag AND because the Turbos run cooler I don't think you would have any worries at all. The turbos seem to give less flavor so the HO juice might be just perfect. Plus....you can always just add a few drops of PG or VG/water...that would tone down the flavor and the nic level.

As for the High Octane...it's only 10mg. I fully intend to try this one! It looks like a truely fine product that you can vape with confidence. There are not many liquids out there that can make the claims this one makes....all USP ingredients is VERY important to me. I would sure like to see this one in some other flavors.....hint..hint....

Yeah, the flavors. I'm over tobacco flavors. Drew? HO Blueberry pop tart?

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
I have asthma and when smoking I used my ProventilHFA Albuterol inhaler daily, not for asthma attacks but discomfort and tightness in my chest. I stopped smoking a couple months ago and my inhaler use dropped down to once every other day or so. Two weeks ago I started using Drew's Lung Juice as my full time vape, first starting off with the sampler and now Pomegranate Lung.

I understand for best results I should back off to vaping it every couple days, but from what I've read there doesn't seem to be any negative impact from using it daily? I'm asking this because not only is the Pomegranate juice excellent, but because I haven't really needed my inhaler at all for the past 5 days or so. Maybe it's my lungs still clearing up after 17 years of analogs or maybe it's this delicious Lung Juice!

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
Ok...first off...my search for an Orange eLiquid that actually tasted like Orange is over...Orange Lung is perfect and the only taste of it's kind that I have found.

Here is my video review, which I also posted as it's own thread...not the best I've ever done...but I was a bit giddy with excitement over finally finding what I've looked so hard to find!

YouTube - eLiquid Review - Orange Lung from Nhaler.m4v

My question is this...I've had two carts pretty much dry up over night...does this stuff evaporate quickly? Perhaps I'm refilling wrong? I use the syringe method and the cart condom method, or maybe it vapes a cart quickly?

let me know if anyone has had a similar issue....as soon as I get a dry GreenCig carto I'm going to give that a try...they always seem to be more reliable then the 808 cartos...esp the 808 blanks.

Either way...I'm hooked...If I have to switch things up and refill in the morning...I don't care...I found my perfect vape!

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
I've had the same problem with cheap blank 808 cartos that I ordered directly from China.

Yeah...I got the 50 pack from Health Cabin...The stickers aren't even applied to them correctly...they block some of the air holes...is this a problem with all places that provide bulk pricing for blanks?

MiloB

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Los Angeles, California
QUESTION FOR DREW:

Loving the Green Tea and Pomegranite Lung Juice I ordered. Was just wondering about the herbal tinctures. I read that Lobelia can be toxic if too much is ingested. I'm not an expert at all, but just though to ask before I start vaping these often as I'm sure I will be prone to do.

Is it a small amount? And for the others as well since they work in circus, are they small equal amounts that won't build up over time to create a toxic reaction? I have inhaled a drop of Vitamin E with a cart per day so I know it's okay, but what about these herbal tinctures?

Not trying to scare anyone. I love the stuff and now want to order some of the others I've read about, especially the pear. Just curious concern?

Please set me straight.

Thanks Drew.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Milo
The only "side effects" I have noticed are increased lung function. I use alot of herbals and have done quite a bit of research. In my experience it wouldn't be possible to put enough herbals in an ejuice to harm you and still have it taste good. UNLESS you have a true allergy to something. I am confident that barring that....you can't hurt yourself by vaping LungJuice from the standpoint of the herbals. As for the rest of it...PG/VG/nicotine....etc...I know nothing! :) Hope this helps.

Okay, thanks for that Drew. I assumed that, but didn't know if I should be concerned with Lobelia. I know some people are vaping these more often than just at night. Any side effects, other than relaxation?

I found this regarding Lobelia: http://www.medherb.com/Materia_Medica/Lobelia_-_Is_lobelia_toxic_.htm

In conclusion, no credible evidence of lobelia toxicity or any adverse effect more serious than vomiting is present in the medical literature of the past two centuries. Twentieth century literature that alleges lobelia toxicity provides no primary references or alleged least toxic dose. Modern allegations appear to be parroted uncritically from early nineteenth century sources. Nineteenth century literature presents only two cases of successful legal prosecution of herbalists in connection with deaths alleged to be due to lobelia. On the other hand, another case in North America and at least twelve court cases in England resulted in acquittal of the herbalist. Only a single case occurs in the literature – that of Ezra Lovett in 1808 – where details of alleged dose and supposed toxic symptoms appear. The practitioner (Samuel Thomson) was acquitted in that case, and, when given an opportunity in a later court case, presented witnesses rebutting the prosecution testimony in the trial. Much larger doses than the one alleged to have killed Thomson were subsequently used in medical practice with no ill-effects. The nineteenth-century literature is divided between medical practitioners who used lobelia regularly and in large doses, and those who used is hardly at all. The unanimous consensus of those who actually used it in practice is that it is a harmless agent without potential for toxicity beyond its nauseating effects. Supporting this view is the twentieth century use of lobelia hydrochloride in large intramuscular, subcutaneous, and intravenous doses through the 1970s, and the non-prescription use of oral doses of lobeline sulfate as recently as 1990.

It also helps to keep in mind that whatever you put into an e-liquid is going to be EXTREMELY diluted by the time it reaches your lungs: A tenth of a milliliter of e-liquid produces several liters of vapor which means the maximum strength possible is still less than 1% by volume. ;)

MiloB

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Los Angeles, California
I found this regarding Lobelia: Lobelia: is lobelia toxic?

It also helps to keep in mind that whatever you put into an e-liquid is going to be EXTREMELY diluted by the time it reaches your lungs: A tenth of a milliliter of e-liquid produces several liters of vapor which means the maximum strength possible is still less than 1% by volume. ;)

Thanks for that... Appreciate all the comments to my post. Guess I etter look into getting a couple 30mls from Drew.:pervy:

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow, GA
I got my eGo from Nhaler.com yesterday.... stoked!

In addition, i ordered a 6ml bottle of "Green Tea" lung juice.... this stuff is fantastic. It taste amazingly like green tea... It produces a copious amount of vapor, and it seems "cooler" on my tongue and throat than any of my other juices.

I will Most deff be ordering a larger bottle of this soon... Im gonna try the pomegranate when i place that order too!

I cannot attest to any "improvement" in lung function as ive only vaped this twice at this point... im vaping it in last hour or so before bed.. the 12mg nic content is a great step down from the 24-36mg juices i vape throughout the day.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Ditto. What $hua said and more. Green Tea is wonderful, and so are the Orange and Pear lung juices. Clean and comforting, leave no nasty film in my mouth, very relaxing vapes.

$hua, the Pomegranate is also great. In the whole line-up, the only weak flavor I found was the Watermelon. Pleasant and vapable, but not much watermelon flavor. More like a Jolly Rancher.

But all the other lung juices are fantastic. Thanks, Drew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread