• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Have i got this right? DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
I'm moving to higher VG ratios due to suffering sore throats a lot from vaping a lot of high PG ratio e juices.

It's quite expensive buying 10mls for VG juice which is around £4-£5 and that lasts me around a week.

I figure D.I.Y is a good way to go as the price difference is vast!...

If I get..

VG - Vegetable Glycerine = 100ml £2.40 - http://www.ltecigs.larsentilbrook.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=61_71_100&product_id=89

Diamond Crystal VG 18mg = 100mg (uk nicotine base) £6.42 = Diamond Crystal VG 18mg

I combine the 2 ingredients to get 200ml of (9mg) 0.9% pure VG vapable e-juice?

no flavour needed as i can't taste at the moment :(

Also is have no PG at all advisable? I think i can handle a little. In the past when vaping a lot (when out drinking) the next morning my throat is so sore, and i can only put it down to chain vaping so much 80pg 20vg juices)

[h=1][/h]

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
That would work, and yes you would have 9 mg liquid as a result.

As a possible flavoring you could consider menthol crystals dissolved in a very small amount of vodka. The menthol helped me although I was never a menthol smoker, hated menthol cigarettes. It was a flavor that cut through when I couldn't seem to taste anything, or what I could tasted bad.

The resulting mixture would be 9 mg. Since is 100% VG it will be very thick viscosity wise. You may want to use 80 ml plain VG and 20 ml distilled water which would result in a 10 % distilled water ratio, this would work better in tank type vaporizers. Makes a lot of vapor. Good luck with your DIY adventure.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
The resulting mixture would be 9 mg. Since is 100% VG it will be very thick viscosity wise. You may want to use 80 ml plain VG and 20 ml distilled water which would result in a 10 % distilled water ratio, this would work better in tank type vaporizers. Makes a lot of vapor. Good luck with your DIY adventure.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

No problem with PG free. I wish I could find a good source for PG free flavors. But as said above you will need to think the all VG liquid with about 10% water.

Flavorless isn't that bad although without flavor, all VG and low nicotine you may not have any throat hit and that can take some getting used to.

it does say

"Pharmaceutical/Food Grade.
For making and/or diluting your smoking liquids.
Diluted with 15% sterile water, ready for making smoking liquid.
100ml Bottle.
UK Sourced."

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I might get this too to add the menthol flavouring?

I don't mind a small percentage of PG 10% say.

Menthol LT Flavour

LT Menthol Flavour

"Strong and very cool menthol flavour
For making you own smoking liquids
10 ml Dropper Bottle
We recommend 10% flavouring
Made from EU sourced ingredients"

I haven't tried their flavor but 2 things, 10% menthol would probably be strong. Start low and work up.
Menthol by itself tastes like your licking vapor rub.

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
That would work, and yes you would have 9 mg liquid as a result.

As a possible flavoring you could consider menthol crystals dissolved in a very small amount of vodka. The menthol helped me although I was never a menthol smoker, hated menthol cigarettes. It was a flavor that cut through when I couldn't seem to taste anything, or what I could tasted bad.

I have nasal polyps so i can't smell or taste half the time! but the menthol give a nice refreshing feeling in the mouth which i kinda like compared to having non-menthol which is just mute in my mouth.

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
I haven't tried their flavor but 2 things, 10% menthol would probably be strong. Start low and work up.
Menthol by itself tastes like your licking vapor rub.

Yea tell me about it I'm vaping some menthol now and a bit had leaked onto the mouth piece of my Evod...it is like licking Vicks LOL.

So i do know it's some potent stuff! :vapor:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Yea tell me about it I'm vaping some menthol now and a bit had leaked onto the mouth piece of my Evod...it is like licking Vicks LOL.

So i do know it's some potent stuff! :vapor:

I never minded the Vicks type flavor, so long as it cut through and I could taste it, Mmmm...vicks....:laugh:
You could also try a strong peppermint flavoring, that also seems to be able to cut through anything.

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
I never minded the Vicks type flavor, so long as it cut through and I could taste it, Mmmm...vicks....:laugh:
You could also try a strong peppermint flavoring, that also seems to be able to cut through anything.

I've got some peppermint juice too it's as strong if not same as the menthol hit! Just wish i could taste me flavours again :( love the apple pie flavour for after dinner lol

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Sounds like you're on your way! Good job. You may also want to consider adding some saline solution. My mix is 15% distilled H2O + 5% saline solution + 80% (vg + flavors + nic) -- works quite well for me. I use a RDA and mini-PTs. The saline helps prevent overdrying. Search the DIY forum if you want more info on the saline.

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
Just my 2 cents: I DIY my liquid and add no pg. I used distilled water to help the vg wick. I aim for 15-20% flavoring/ water. So if I make 10ml of menthol and use .2ml of menthol flavoring I would add about 1.8 of water (.2 + 1.8 = 2.0 and 20% of 10.= 2.0) Any less than 15% is begging for a dry hit. Hope that made sense.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
hey bubblegum I see your also in the market for a new pv, you should try get a mech or something you can put a rba on, I don't know your circumstance but I use to get sore throats all the time until I started dripping(well.. I don't drip now cus I have a bottom fed squonk system) I blame it on the constant vaping trying to get satisfied, don't even get vapors tongue since :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread