The Vapor Chef: Pear Brandy, Slartbarfest, Butter Beer & 5 more. Solid line of e-liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
Sensitive tasters rejoice! The Vapor Chef is here and they are crafting e-liquids that for the most part have eliminated the very flavors and sensations that make many e-liquids taste downright nasty to those of us with easily irritated taste buds. I have purchased the following e-liquids with my own hard earned cash and have received no comps or freebies from this vendor.

A little about my taste profile: If it has even a hint of artificial sweetener flavoring, I can’t vape it. If it has a sharp PG bite (which to me tastes very chemical like) it’s out. If it tastes fake or false (like a candy banana vs a real banana) it’s a no go. My all day every day is Bobas Bounty. I have purchased hundreds of e- liquids and 95% of them I would never buy again. Of the 5% that are left, I’d vape the rest of the bottle and maybe re-order once, only to go back to Bobas. Other than Bobas and Backwoods Brew’s Malty, I have never re-ordered a flavor more than once. If you or someone you know struggles with e-liquids that are always too saccharine sweet, or sharply chemical, or just plain fake, please point them to my reviews as it may save them a lot of money and frustration on flavors that just simply won’t work for the 10-20% of us who taste every single little thing in an e-liquid.

I vape on a hum drum 510 eGo fat battery with an EVOD 1.8 ohm clearomizer. Nothing fancy here.
The Vapor Chef has a website and a Facebook page. I’d heard about them through Facebook, and frankly they had me at “No added sweeteners”. I believe they have a vendor thread here on ECF. Vapor Chef is a vendor that still allows a pretty decent amount of flexibility when choosing a PG/VG mix ratio. They have an option called ‘Max VG’, which I assume is an 80/20 VG/PG mix since then next lowest level offered is 70/30 VG/PG. Ordering was what you’d expect from an online vendor and delivery was fine. No issues with the purchase experience. I do not care about throat hit, therefore I do not comment unless it really knocks my socks off. Vapor on an 80% VG mix is plentiful.

Beeblebrox 6mg 80/20 VG/PG
I am very much a tobacco lover. Sadly, many ‘tobaccos’ offered out there are really just variations on the hay scent inhale with random nut flavor exhale. I greatly enjoyed an extracted tobacco e-liquid from the Vapenstein line called Managua, but sadly that line is now defunct. I do not believe this is an extracted tobacco (someone correct me if I am wrong) but I really enjoy it anyway. Inhale has a very brief sharp flavor that made me think I wouldn’t like this one, but that flavor was immediately tempered with very nice and mild vanilla note. BTW, I’ve been chasing after a vanilla that was light, crisp, and true rather than the vanilla that every other vendor has which is a heavy handed dose of vanilla custard. This vanilla though is darn near perfect. It actually made me say, ‘wow’. After the vanilla comes a very mild maple flavor, again, spot on in terms of natural sweetness. Nothing about this e-liquid is overpowering, and you aren’t likely to get vapor tongue. Exhale is clean and that’s where the tobacco pokes its head up to say hello. This is some truly nice and well done e-liquid. This may be in the running as an all day every day flavor. Well done, Vapor Chef.
Purchase again? Yes

Fluffy Cake 6mg 80/20 VG/PG
If you’ve ever cooked a Jiffy cake mix, you know exactly what this tastes like. Nice white cake flavor with none of the frosting and no heavy ‘batter’ flavoring. Not even a hint of artificial sweetness. This tastes very much like the target flavor. Again, very well done. Not an all day vape, but certainly an every now and again vape.
Purchase again? Yes

Butter Beer 6mg 80/20 VG/PG
I’ve never drank a butter beer, so I cannot comment if this tastes like the real deal. This is how I perceive this e-liquid. Inhale is pretty creamy, as if there’s some whipped vanilla cream and maybe some Werther’s type flavor in there. Exhale is a buttery, almost salty sensation. The blend is tough to describe, but it’s a very pleasant, mild, and clean vape. After taste is nice. Again, the vanilla in this is outstanding. I know I sound like I’m gushing, but I have purchase at least 50 vanilla flavored liquids, chasing the dragon on exactly how I personally enjoy the flavor. Is Vapor Chef’s rendition perfect? No, but he’s 98% there, and that may be as good as my search ever gets.
Purchase again? Yup.

Slatibarfest 6mg 80/20 VG/PG
This e-liquid is advertised as a pipe tobacco. Full disclosure: My experience with pipes is limited to a period of time in my oh-so rebel youth when I thought it would be cool to smoke a pipe. So off to the local tobacco shop I went and purchased the cheapest pipe I could get my hands on and a bag of Captain Black, or maybe it was Dutch Masters, heck I can’t remember. ;) Anyway, once I realized that a pipe takes time to enjoy and a cigarette was way easier, my pipe smoking days were done (probably about 3 days later!). Still, I do enjoy the smells of a tobacco shop, and I do very much like a fine cigar from time to time so I figured ‘why not?’ with this flavor and placed it in my cart. Typically I hate, hate, hate cherry flavored e-liquids. They always have a cough syrup note and so I’d pretty much crossed them off of my list of things to purchase. This e-liquid is different though. It tastes as good as that awesome cherry pipe room note smells. Light but not sweet cherry with a dry but non-offensive tobacco flavor. For a true pipe connoisseur, this might be a poor substitute, I don’t know. What I can say is that this is a pleasant and well balanced vape.
Purchase again? Yes, and this might make a daily rotation from time to time.

Some ‘Mores 6mg 80/20 VG/PG
First inhale has that Nutra Sweet type flavor. Let it steep 3 weeks to try again, the artificial sweet is more pronounced now. Chocolate flavor is of the dried cocoa variety, so not a Hershey bar by any stretch.
Purchase again? No.

Pear Brandy 6mg 80/20 VG/PG
This flavor very much reminds me of a juicy well ripened Asain Pear. Typically fruit flavors are a no for me because they always taste like candy versions. Not so with this e-liquid. The booze component is very light and slightly warming. Since I am not a liquor drinker (because it is always so harsh in flavor) I was surprised to actually like this one. The pear is the dominant flavor and the brandy is used more as a garnish. Very nice.
Purchase again? Yes, but honestly this is not something I’d vape often. I’d rather eat the pear. :)

Apple Bourbon Tobbaco 6mg 80/20 VG/PG
What Pear Brandy lacks in alcohol flavor, this one more than makes up for it. If you’re a bourbon drinker, you’ll probably dig this. It has a very pronounced bourbon flavor with a nice green apple bite. Tobacco flavor is extremely light to the point that I have to vape it for quite awhile to catch it. By the time I’ve reached that point, this vape has turned from okay to sour apple flavored and I no longer enjoy it. Takes me about 10 drags to get there.
Purchase again? No.

Notella 6mg 80/20 VG/PG

So this is Vapor Chef’s take on Nutella spread. I like Nutella and figured I’d toss this one in the cart. On inhale I disliked this one. It has that same powdered cocoa flavor that so many vendors tout as creamy chocolate. But the real show on this flavor is the exhale. OMG, it *is* Nutella. The hazelnut is perfect and manages to blend with that cocoa to really make the illusion complete. On the exhale, my taste buds are completely fooled.
Purchase again? No, only because the initial drag is off putting to me. But that exhale really is good so if you can get past how I perceive the flavor and you like Nutella, you’ll really like this one.

Hobbes Blood 6 mg 80/20 VG/PG

This one had a cool name, so I bought it on impulse. Hey, marketing works. :)
This e-liquid is an exact rendition of when you take a pink Starburst and chew it at the same time as a yellow Starburst. There is no artificial sweetness, but there is definitely a candy sweetness. Really, for a fruit flavor, it wasn’t so bad. It’s not really my thing, though.
Purchase again? No.

What are your experiences with The Vapor Chef?

tmrr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Carrollton, GA, USA
I ordered a sampler from Vapor Chef about a month ago. I have 3 boxes of liquids -definite yes, fresh & steeping, and no but steeping just in case.
Definite yes - Butter Beer, Fluffy Cake, Pina Guavada, Hobbs Blood, Honey Peary, Bloody Mango. I only re-order a very select few flavors that I love, Butter Beer is on the list. The 4 fruits are in competition with some Nicoticket samples for what I might re-order.
I did not find VC stuff really needed to steep off the bat, so none in my fresh & steeping box.
No, but steeping just in case - Notella & Shmutter Shmutter - I liked them ok but their flavors were not strong enough for me. Unicorn Poop & Peach Tea are really close to being a definite no. Really disliked unicorn poop, to me it tasted very much like artificial sweetener poured on my tongue. Peach tea I liked the flavor ok but my partner swears it smells like dirty socks so after the first tank of it I gave up.

Overall, Vapor Chef is in my top 3 vendor list so far along with Highbrow and Nicoticket. Since tastes are subjective I will add why - 1. I always want really strong flavor, subtle is not for me 2. I like to be able to choose a high VG blend because I like the heavy feel of VG and 3. I like a vendor who offers samples, I'm a juice junkie with juice ADD so I want lots of variety to try without spending a fortune.

wonkeypickle

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
'murrikka
the honey peary… does it have that grassy lingering aroma as some honey flavorings do?

is the flavor delicate like an alice in vapeland juice or full bodied and sweet?

looking for a pear juice to try… but I want something easy to vape all day.

try the pear brandy from them, it's a lot of pear, not so much brandy just enough to cut the sweetness.

i would describe the flavor as full, you can almost taste the texture of the pear fruit if that makes sense.

one thing i've noticed is they do alcohol flavors EXTREMELY well. apple bourbon tobacco is spot on.

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
try the pear brandy from them, it's a lot of pear, not so much brandy just enough to cut the sweetness.

i would describe the flavor as full, you can almost taste the texture of the pear fruit if that makes sense.

one thing i've noticed is they do alcohol flavors EXTREMELY well. apple bourbon tobacco is spot on.

I agree 100%. While the Apple Bourbon was too strong for me, it captured the target very well. The Pear Brandy features the pear as the dominant flavor with the brandy as a warm after taste. It's so realistic you'd swear you'd just dipped a fresh pear into a little brandy and eaten it. Unlike many vendors whose liquor offerings actually taste nothing like the actual thing, Vapor Chef has these types of blends locked up. They are are that good, especially if you're sensitive to chemical, saccharine, or fake fruit vapes.

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
the honey peary… does it have that grassy lingering aroma as some honey flavorings do?

is the flavor delicate like an alice in vapeland juice or full bodied and sweet?

I'm getting more picky with fruit flavors, I like watermelon, pear and strawberry juices and that's about it.

Honey Pearyy is very nice, the pear stands out but the honey flavor is there to add to the overall flavor profile and complete the juice. I would say it is most certainly an all-day vape, not overly sweet but representative of the flavors contained in the name. I like it a lot, along with Hobbes Blood they are the two best fruit vapes I've tried in four months or so.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA

Try Spiced Pear from Free State vapor,the spice is mild, the pear flavor is great.
I haven't had Honey Pearry, but I've heard it's sweet. The fruits I've had from vapor chef have been great though, especially Coolcumber Melon and Pino Guavada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread