Status
Not open for further replies.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
looks like a rebranded mini lambo.. the *old* version.

I have no experience with them, barely seen them mentioned before on the forum. What is it about that APV that you like? maybe someone can give you an alternative suggestion you might want to consider.

EDIT - just did a forum search and only one other thread came up. One member did buy one but has not revisited the thread to say how it was. You might want to try posting a reply in the thread below (and maybe clicking like on his post to alert him to it)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/512658-any-info-info-hybris-mini.html

Last edited:

edrompa

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Madison, WI, USA
I have no experience with them, barely seen them mentioned before on the forum. What is it about that APV that you like? maybe someone can give you an alternative suggestion you might want to consider.

EDIT - just did a forum search and only one other thread came up. One member did buy one but has not revisited the thread to say how it was. You might want to try posting a reply in the thread below (and maybe clicking like on his post to alert him to it)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...cussion/512658-any-info-info-hybris-mini.html

Mainly due to the fact that with 20% off it comes down to 40 bucks with free shipping. Any other suggestions would be more then welcome.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Personally I have seen many members have a lot of success with the iTaste VV 3.0

It's probably not quite as small as the Hybris, but it is close. It's also 800mah and fully featured with both VV and VW. You can get one for around $26 from 101vape.

I know it's not exactly like the one you were looking at, but it's a start. Maybe some else can chime in with something else.

edrompa

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Madison, WI, USA
Personally I have seen many members have a lot of success with the iTaste VV 3.0

It's probably not quite as small as the Hybris, but it is close. It's also 800mah and fully featured with both VV and VW. You can get one for around $26 from 101vape.

I know it's not exactly like the one you were looking at, but it's a start. Maybe some else can chime in with something else.

Itaste VV is great. Just looking to get a VV 14500 due to having batteries for my novice.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
VV 14500 devices seem to be few and far between. As zanedog said, maybe just go for it and then you tell us how it works out.

I think I've seen one or two Robust VV mods on the classifieds here way back when that looked interesting, but when I did a web search, nothing in stock came up. Even so, they were selling used for about $35-40 - almost what they have the Hybris for new with your coupon.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Even with the discount that seems awfully expensive for what you are getting. You won't get much run time out of a single 14500 battery if you try to run it at a voltage higher than what the battery has drained to. A far better PV for the same money would be the iTaste VV V3 that also gives you a VW option and can be used as a passthrough while charging.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Itaste VV is great. Just looking to get a VV 14500 due to having batteries for my novice.

Which batteries do you have that you plan on using and how many? I uses a Reo mini which runs on 14500, with proper quality batteries - I easily carry and drain 3-4 batteries per day. I love my Reo, so dont take it that way - but be prepared that will last you about 4 hours on 1 battery. You will need at least 3 batteries if you plan on using this as an all day device, that way you can have 1 in the device, 1 charging and 1 resting after charge since they drain pretty fast.

Honestly, for the money the itaste vv v3 has more mah, more features, and more simplicity for less money. But its about what *you* like. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the above device. If you have the right batteries and enough of them and dont mind swapping a few times per day you should be happy with it as long as it isnt cheaply made. :)

In the end its only about what you want!

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
$10.01 Authentic Sanyo UR14500P 14500 840mAh Li-ion Battery (2-Pack) 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Authentic Sanyos, 840 mAh, so the same as a VV cepting you can actually carry spare batteries.

What 'more features' does the VV have? I'm just interested because they looked quite simliar in specs, if anything the Hybris is spec's better. I am just going of the data sheet however.

One Ohm, 6 volts, five amp limit? I didn't look up the VV but is it better than that?

The VV is a throw away, after it's battery is tired, you chuck it, not sure how long that will be.

Last edited:

edrompa

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Madison, WI, USA
Which batteries do you have that you plan on using and how many? I uses a Reo mini which runs on 14500, with proper quality batteries - I easily carry and drain 3-4 batteries per day. I love my Reo, so dont take it that way - but be prepared that will last you about 4 hours on 1 battery. You will need at least 3 batteries if you plan on using this as an all day device, that way you can have 1 in the device, 1 charging and 1 resting after charge since they drain pretty fast.

Honestly, for the money the itaste vv v3 has more mah, more features, and more simplicity for less money. But its about what *you* like. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the above device. If you have the right batteries and enough of them and dont mind swapping a few times per day you should be happy with it as long as it isnt cheaply made. :)

In the end its only about what you want!

I have some AW IMR and EH Batteries. I am not looking at it as a all day vape just something to add a little to my 14500 setups. I would mainly look at this for out and about at bars etc. with a Taifun GS atty or something of that nature. Maybe just a protank mini even.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
$10.01 Authentic Sanyo UR14500P 14500 840mAh Li-ion Battery (2-Pack) 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Authentic Sanyos, 840 mAh, so the same as a VV cepting you can actually carry spare batteries.

What 'more features' does the VV have? I'm just interested because they looked quite simliar in specs, if anything the Hybris is spec's better. I am just going of the data sheet however.

One Ohm, 6 volts, five amp limit? I didn't look up the VV but is it better than that?

The VV is a throw away, after it's battery is tired, you chuck it, not sure how long that will be.

These batteries are protected and cannot be used in a protected PV. Also - Recommended Max Discharge: 1.68A (2C). No dice on these. AW IMR. EH IMR. For me - thats what I trust by my face and teeth :) lol

As far as a VV - not sure yet how long it will last. If its cared for decently I would guess a year. 25 bucks. Worth it to me, ymmv.

Last edited:

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
18 Batteries (Battery Form Factor: 14500) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

From just this Fastech page, which batteries would be your choice?

None. I do not get batteries there (way to easy to rewrap and not really know what you are getting, generic no names - etc). They also were (I think I saw something about some resolution? Not certain) having major troubles shipping them out.

To quote baditude here " Buy only from trusted e-cig vendors. Many use RTD Vapor AW Batteries. " I use RTD and Madvapes for batteries. They are already super cheap (4-5 dollars) so it is no real expenditure over the ___fire and fire___ batteries on fasttech.
(Lower Quality Brand-Name Batteries. Trustfire, Ultrafire, and Surefire are a second-tier name brand battery in terms of quality and safety. Not recommended.)

Batteries and a charger are probably the MOST important part to NOT cheap out on. I like my face, my hands and my teeth to much to put a crappy high drain battery in use that close to them. The correct batteries and a good charger arent expensive from reputable folks, so there is no reason to risk it IMO.

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
O.K. I have not bought any batteries from their either. They will offer batteries out of laptop power supplies it seems, but they do tell you of that. I just go to fastech to look at things, as they have a wide selection. Just for curiosities sake, I would be interested in seeing the batteries you would pick out if you were to purchase that mod.

My last go around picking out batteries for the VTR didn't go so well, they were too fat to fit. So I skinned em lol. That worked, but then when I put them into a mech mod they shorted out... Wish all batteries were the same size!

https://www.eastcoastvape.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=30A2100

I ordered four of these, whats your opinion of them? (lol, i hope they fit in the VTR!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread