iTaste VV 3.0 VW - worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizaBear

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm only 2 months in with my ego batteries and clearomizers. My boyfriend is looking for something for my birthday - the next step on my vaping journey if you like. So he's looking at - innokin iTaste VV 3.0 VW iClear 16, 800mAh.

Will it keep me happy for the next few months? I don't have a solderer, a shed or a workshop! I don't have the skills or knowledge to be building things yet! I just want to keep going and improve my experience with VV.

Thanks!

AnonymousUserName

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Florida
I'm only 2 months in with my ego batteries and clearomizers. My boyfriend is looking for something for my birthday - the next step on my vaping journey if you like. So he's looking at - Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 VW iClear 16, 800mAh.

Will it keep me happy for the next few months? I don't have a solderer, a shed or a workshop! I don't have the skills or knowledge to be building things yet! I just want to keep going and improve my experience with VV.

Thanks!

I can't tell you much about the battery, however soldering is extremely easy and a cheap iron will run you about 5-15$
Sorry i can't be much help in terms of the battery but a soldering iron is a good investment worth checking out

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
I'm only 2 months in with my ego batteries and clearomizers. My boyfriend is looking for something for my birthday - the next step on my vaping journey if you like. So he's looking at - Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 VW iClear 16, 800mAh.

Thanks!

You should enjoy it, but this thread should answer most any question you should have:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/476013-innokin-itaste-vv-v3-owners-group.html

If you're not in major hurry you can wait for 101vape.com to restock their express kits @ 25.99 (sign up for the notifications, theyre generally pretty good about restocks):

Innokin iTaste VV (V3) Express kit - 101 Vape

Or looks like you can get um on e-bay for around $30ish.

JuicyPoots

Jan 17, 2014
Florida
Just make sure you get an authentic one. There are many knockoffs out there. Wife and I started out with iTaste VV V3's and they are great little units. IMO the iClear16's are okay, but I would recommend going with just the iTaste VV express kit and get some Aspire BDC tanks.

The Innokin iTaste is now my backup/going out battery since I just got an eVic with an Aspire Nautilus.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If you don't have any VV option at all right now the VV 3 is a nice place to start. You will get the option do decide if you like finding your sweet spot in VV or VW mode, and the fact that you can use it as a passthrough is a nice touch.

BUT: For out and about use the run time won't be that much different than what you already have. If that's a concern you may want to consider the iTaste MVP2 instead. Most users can go two days between charges with the MVP.

Other than that - both use largely the same electronics and will give you the same vape experience.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
$25 Vs. $125!

One 100 Percent Worth it
happy-093.gif

TaylorPlayer

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2014
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I have two of them and so does my wife. I vape a lot more than her and found myself swapping batteries out 2-3 times a day. She can still get most of a day out of one of hers but usually does need to get her backup out by the end of the day or hook up to an extension cord with the charger and pass-through vape. I got tired of changing so many times during the day and keeping up on charging so at my 6 month quit day bought a Blemish Provari. Now, I use the Provari about 90% during the day but keep one of my Itaste VV V3s full of a different juice for when I want a change up. I am finding I only need to charge up my iTaste about once every 3-4 days now. I will probably always keep an iTaste or possibly buy a MVP as a backup to the Provari but I know I will have to replace them more often than batteries for my Provari. I also purchased a 510 to Ego adapter for the Provari so I can use the iClear 16's I still have and they work great too. As mentioned on here many times..... It is good to have back ups for your back ups! :)

Giraut

Moved On
Dec 6, 2013
I highly recomment the iTaste VV v3 Express kit instead: it comes with 5 smaller, square clearo (the iClear 10s) that have proved absolutely flawless and completely reliable. More importantly, it comes with a very convenient cap that turns the whole thing into a sort of oversized pen that you can carry in your pocket without worrying about breaking the clearo, or having it leak in your pocket, or getting lint on the tip.

I have two of them that I vape outdoors and at work. Never had one single problem with them, honestly. I bought an eVic for home, and it's just as well because it's surprisingly more fragile than the iTaste VV v3. The eVic has a geekier interface and a longer battery life, but frankly it has nothing on the iTaste for anything else. I'm not quite sure why I bought it, given how good the iTaste is. You'd be happy with the iTaste as your only APV.

Nado

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
Canada
like others said the iclear 16's aren't great. If you haven't purchased already I would suggest just buying the battery on its own and buying the tanks separately. I have two iTaste V3's and love them, the passthrough with a micro USB is the way all ecigs should be IMO. My only pet peeve about the unit is the square shape, it is very tippy and because of the square shape it doesn't fit into any of my stands.

03FXDWG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
East Central, Missouri
My ego C Twists get almost no attention since I got my pair of iTaste VV 3's. I also had to reduce my nicotine levels because it produces vapor better or more effectively--down side is I go through more liquid but WOW! I couldn't believe the difference when I first got them.

800 mah battery isn't alot so I carry 2. It will charge while you use it if you're near an outlet or a USB 2.0 or 3.0 computer port. My twins get me through the work day since I don't vape very much at work--too busy and refuse to go outside with the smokers--potty breaks for me. Weekends and at the end of really frustrating work days, I sometimes have to use the pass through if I don't pay attention and run them both down at the same time. If that might be an issue for you, I would highly recommend the MVP 2.0 Shine series. The same technology, much bigger battery and pretty colors. It is too heavy & big for my tiny little purse but I often think about buying one to sit next to my recliner. Then I talk myself out of it because I can easily plug my VV3's in if I'm sitting in my recliner and save the $40-50 for more DIY e-liquid supplies &/or another VV3 for a hot spare.

I like the square shape of the VV3. It's easier for my stiff fingers to grasp than the round batteries and it doesn't roll. No, it won't fit in the holder my husband made for my egos but since it doesn't try to roll away like they do, it's ok. He can make me another holder with square holes but I don't really need one. I use the round holes in my other one to hold filled EVOD tanks. I didn't care for the warmer vapor of the iClear 16 (long wick style). I do like how much easier & less messy they are to fill than my EVODs & Mini Protanks but the heat, less flavor & frequent dry hits from me not twirling it properly or vaping it empty so I could clean it to change flavors--another pain--made me put the iClears in my Va-pocalypse box.

Another thing to consider when choosing a clearomizer/tank/topper is what types of e-liquids you'll be putting in it. Cinnamon, citrus flavors, colas, absinthe & others will damage polycarbonate plastic tanks like the EVOD, iClears, Vivi Novas, etc. You'll need a glass, metal or Polypropylene (the cloudy plastic many e-liquid bottles are made out of) tank for those.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread