Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordner

Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Well, i've searched the forums for threads about batteries, but to no avail. So, here is my question.

I vape a Vamo V5 (or I will when the new ones comes on tuesday) anyway, I currently use Efest 18650 High Discharge 3100mAh IMR's, I can usually chain vape all day, or anout 8-10 hours on one battery at around 10-11.5 watts. But I'm wondering if anyone has used any batteries that have longer output ect.

Thanks!

Vape Happy:D

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
3100 mah is about the highest I have seen in the imr type batteries. also im not sure if the vamo will really push 10+watts with a single battery. I know earlier version you needed to stack 18350's to hit higher end of the full 15watts that's available. It's not really advised as stacking batteries is a whole other issue for batteries when done improperly.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I didn't know that efest had 3100 mAh IMR batteries. Are you sure they are authentic? As far as I know the Panasonic ncr18650pf batteries at 2900 mAh are the highest capacity safer chemistry batteries (they are hybrid chemistry). At 8-9w they lasted me more than 24h, at 15w on an RBA they still last me a full day. Those batteries are the highest capacity safe batteries you can get, as far as I know (ask Baditude though, after you've read his battery blog).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
stacking batteries will not get much traction here, since you can, with a little experience get the same results using single batteries. When you stack batteries you have to match them in pairs, mark them as such and charge them together, because a mismatch will result in damage to one of them, whether in lifespan or just out and out failure.

I have seen huge mAh batteries, but for vaping - the useable range is typically fully charged (about 4.2v) to they feel weak and that is at about 3.6v.

8 hours is great from one battery.

T

Jordner

Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

According to that article, I'm using the best battery I can use at the moment. The chart didn't show the efest 18650 in 3100mAh. But i did not realize that they were Li-Mn batteries. the manganese, is used to increase the longevity of output consistently over total life of the charge. Meaning, when the battery cant discharge it's maximum output any longer, it does dead.

Jordner

Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
stacking batteries will not get much traction here, since you can, with a little experience get the same results using single batteries. When you stack batteries you have to match them in pairs, mark them as such and charge them together, because a mismatch will result in damage to one of them, whether in lifespan or just out and out failure.

I have seen huge mAh batteries, but for vaping - the useable range is typically fully charged (about 4.2v) to they feel weak and that is at about 3.6v.

8 hours is great from one battery.

T

@KenD, yes they are authentic :)

And I agree with you trunker, they fade at around 3.6-3.4 v. But like I said it takes about 8 or so hours to get that low.
Thank you everyone for the timely response! This forum is incredible, so much knowledge!

My friend just bough a pair of panasonic 2200mAh, Li-Mn, we were having a debate on who's maximum output, (he tried to one up me) would last longer. I guess this proves it

Vape Happy

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
According to that article, I'm using the best battery I can use at the moment. The chart didn't show the efest 18650 in 3100mAh. But i did not realize that they were Li-Mn batteries. the manganese, is used to increase the longevity of output consistently over total life of the charge. Meaning, when the battery cant discharge it's maximum output any longer, it does dead.

Actually, the most recommended batteries for AVPs (both regulated and mechanical) are the IMR (safe chemistry) batteries and the newer hybrids.

The 3100 mAh efest is a Li-Ion protected battery and is not recommended for regulated mods, RBAs, or use in a mechanical using a Kick.

Efest 18650 3100mah Protected Li-Ion

That said, I'm not familiar with this particular battery so hopefully somebody will correct me if I'm wrong (or misread the specs.). I use AW IMR batteries myself.

Last edited:

Jordner

Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Actually, the most recommended batteries for AVPs (both regulated and mechanical) are the IMR (safe chemistry) batteries and the newer hybrids.

The 3100 mAh efest is a Li-Ion protected battery and is not recommended for regulated mods, RBAs, or use in a mechanical using a Kick.

Efest 18650 3100mah Protected Li-Ion

I stand corrected, your absolutely right, I must have misread the article. I feel like a big ol' dummy!
Thank you for the clarification. Now starts the hunt for a quality IMR.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I stand corrected, your absolutely right, I must have misread the article. "IMR (Li Mn) batteries are the safest batteries available to us for vaping". I hope you can see my confusion. I feel like a big ol' dummy :/ so an IMR battery of the highest mAh would be best?

Oh, please... I've been vaping for years and i'm still confused. ;)

Vaping can get complicated. This forum is a lifesaver--literally and figuratively speaking!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
IMHO, the batteries with the best all-purpose specifications for a regulated mod are the Panasonic or Orbtronic NCR18650PD or PF series (both 2900mah). These are high-drain, safe-chemistry hybrid batteries with a 10 amp limit.

Panasonic NCR18650PD Hybrid.jpg

I don't use those, but I use the "old reliable" AW IMR batteries in all of my mods, mechanical or regulated.

aw18650-2000mAh.jpg

Battery Basics for Mods

Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I know that Panasonic makes a 3800mah hybrid that would probably work pretty good.

Link or it isn't so. Panasonic and Orbtronic both offer a 3400 mah battery. The NCR18650B is a hybrid battery with the chemistry very heavily weighted to an ICR battery, so much so that it is no longer considered a high drain battery and only has a 6.8 amp limit. NOT recommended for a regulated mod or a mechanical mod using a Kick or RBA. This battery is best suited for flashlights, not APV's.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i like the orbie sx30s, but Sony VTC4s are all the rage too

My sx30s have a mAh of 2100, and that is the way to tell these bad boys apart - only the old Li-ion protected ones have huge ratings like 3400+
and they are fine for certain things - but not the high discharge rates of e-cigs, where what you want is a high drain, high discharge battery. Those do not have such huge numbers but they are safer for that reason - they are IMRs.

T

I bought 2 of the NCR18650B then found your battery post and immediately ordered 2 NCR18650PF and still waiting on them. Now just gotta unload the original ones I bought someplace. Thanks for all the battery info

Link or it isn't so. Panasonic and Orbtronic both offer a 3400 mah battery. The NCR18650B is a hybrid battery with the chemistry very heavily weighted to an ICR battery, so much so that it is no longer considered a high drain battery and only has a 6.8 amp limit. NOT recommended for a regulated mod or a mechanical mod using a Kick or RBA. This battery is best suited for flashlights, not APV's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread