JD Mods Stingray- CLONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
Pre-Order now! The faster they reach MOQ the faster we get our hands on it!
Stingray Clone - White Stag Vapor
I am not 100% what manufacturer these are coming from or if they will be including the drip tip.
I emailed WhiteStagVapor just now and I am hoping they will tell me.

I'm not affiliated with WhiteStagVapor - actually, I've never even ordered from them before.
I just happened to see Vineyard Vapes blog post (because I been searching for this mod everyday).
The Stingray Mod Clone Preorder $37.00 | Vineyard Vapes

I also found a UK guy that posted a youtube review on this (Infinite) Stingray clone here
The Stingray Mechanical Mod (clone) review - YouTube
He got his from ModsandAtties in the UK. They were the first to list this device for sale. But I didn't pull the trigger because it was somewhere around $70 plus shipping to the US.
This guy says the driptip was plated and the plating was coming off.
Also the Infinite logo on the drip tip.

Hopefully that will be resolved, but again, not sure.

I've been holding out for a US company to order these and sell them at a reasonable price. I think $40.79 shipped is just a tad high, but they gotta make money and compared to $80 it's a bargain. On top of that, nobody else has them or doing pre-orders for them.

Thom from whitestagvapor just confirmed these will be coming from Tobeco.

Stingray.jpg

Last edited:

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Thank you! I had no idea a clone of the Stingray was already made.. unbelievable! Considering it's next to impossible to the get the phantom brass version right now, this is great news... even more so because I couldn't afford the $200 price tag anyway. :)

Most I've spent on a clone, but if it's as good as they say it is, and it actually is made with the phantom brass, WELL WORTH IT! Tobeco says it is phantom brass on their website, but who knows..

Anyway, I got mine ordered, so I'll post a review/pics when I get it.

Last edited:

Masterlock

Dec 26, 2013
USA
I really doubt it will hit as hard as phantom brass. Definitely not going to hit like copper. I really want a stingray, but not for the look.

Yeah god knows that when a company markets something as "phantom" it is bound to hit harder. What is the zinc to copper ratio difference between phantom brass and naval brass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I really doubt it will hit as hard as phantom brass. Definitely not going to hit like copper. I really want a stingray, but not for the look.

No offense but what the hell is phantom brass?
I'm guessing its common naval brass.
There is no "phantom" brass classification, so it must be simply bad marketing.

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Copy from Vaperev.com: Discussing The Stingray w/ JD Tech | VapeRev

"Manufactured entirely in the Philippines, the Stingray by JD Tech is an exquisite piece of machinery both inside and out. They wanted to offer the vape community something of quality that could be enjoyed regularly. What came from their research and development process is a mechanical mod with a brilliant finish. Dubbed ‘Phantom Brass,’ the luxurious metal is a combination of aluminum, brass and copper. Making the chemical composition of Phantom Brass “more conductive and stronger” than regular brass."

I have a phantom brass Stingray. The look is quite distinguishable from naval brass. It is a lighter golden color and looks almost mottled in finish when the patina comes on. As if Vincent van Gough did a Pointillism of a brass mod. It's quite beautiful. I can't attest to the performance vs. naval brass but I can tell you it performs noticeably better than my stainless steel mods.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
There are many different types of brass.
They are intentionally vague about "phantom brass" because there is no such thing.
It's more hype designed to try and justify the price.

There is no such thing as "Regular brass" either.
There is a "common brass" classification, but it's not used for mods. Too soft.

I do not believe "phantom brass" conducts electricity better than "naval brass" or they would give us the real name to prove their claim proudly.
It's not like they own a foundry or use some proprietary metal.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Yeah it's too bad the I can only afford a clone because I heard that the lower the serial number on the original the better conductivity you get, oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol
That's the spirit!
:facepalm:
And now all of you trolling will be in another thread bashing some noob for parroting the misinfo you are posting up now.
No wonder this industry is so screwed up.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
There are many different types of brass.
They are intentionally vague about "phantom brass" because there is no such thing.
It's more hype designed to try and justify the price.

There is no such thing as "Regular brass" either.
There is a "common brass" classification, but it's not used for mods. Too soft.

I do not believe "phantom brass" conducts electricity better than "naval brass" or they would give us the real name to prove their claim proudly.
It's not like they own a foundry or use some proprietary metal.

Phantom brass, from the description given by JD Tech, sounds like an aluminum bronze alloy.

I don't know that it has a significant performance increase, I don't really think any material does, but it does have a unique look to it versus any brass/naval brass I have had. Also, it looks different than an aluminum bronze Lux but there are a lot of alloys out there.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Phantom brass, from the description given by JD Tech, sounds like an aluminum bronze alloy.

I don't know that it has a significant performance increase, I don't really think any material does, but it does have a unique look to it versus any brass/naval brass I have had. Also, it looks different than an aluminum bronze Lux but there are a lot of alloys out there.

That's what I was thinking too, but after looking up and reading about alu-bronze, it doesn't seem to be the same material. I had a Lux and they are definitely different.

I just like the look of it. The buffed color looks great, and the patina looks fantastic. It is different than other materials, there's no doubt about it. All one has to do is have a look at some of the video reviews and you can see the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread