Aspire Nautilus Adjustable Airflow Tank System - best power source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

COPD

Jan 24, 2014
Birmingham, AL, USA
I want one of these for the volume and adjustable air flow - Aspire Nautilus Adjustable Airflow Tank System

Would it work on my non variable voltage ego batteries?

What would be the BEST power source for it?

Think truck driver - 10 hours straight driving with very little time to stop for anything, especially to change batteries or refill cartos.

Once again, please forgive my ignorance :oops: and I sincerely appreciate any suggestions, advice, etc.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
It's a great tank - aspire's flagship product.

It's also a little large for ego batteries (it's a wider diameter than pretty much any other clearo, except maybe the hypertank). I would put it on a vamo, zmax, SVD, MVP, or provari. All are VV/VW and large enough to carry the nautilus without a size mismatch.

The MVP comes with a battery built in (like the ego's) which has crazy long life (2600 mah) and it's a passthrough, so you could vape while charging it on the road (with a cigarette lighter USB charger). That might be your best option right there. The others take 18 mm batteries (18650/500/350), which would mean a separate charger, but does give you the option to swap out just the batteries when they go flat (keep 3 18650 batteries with you in the cab and you could vape for 2 days straight, easy).

So, you've got options and you'll definitely be able to get a setup that works for your needs.

COPD

Jan 24, 2014
Birmingham, AL, USA
It's a great tank - aspire's flagship product.

It's also a little large for ego batteries (it's a wider diameter than pretty much any other clearo, except maybe the hypertank). I would put it on a vamo, zmax, SVD, MVP, or provari. All are VV/VW and large enough to carry the nautilus without a size mismatch.

The MVP comes with a battery built in (like the ego's) which has crazy long life (2600 mah) and it's a passthrough, so you could vape while charging it on the road (with a cigarette lighter USB charger). That might be your best option right there. The others take 18 mm batteries (18650/500/350), which would mean a separate charger, but does give you the option to swap out just the batteries when they go flat (keep 3 18650 batteries with you in the cab and you could vape for 2 days straight, easy).

So, you've got options and you'll definitely be able to get a setup that works for your needs.

You can buy 2 MVPs for the price of one mod and not have to worry about changing batteries ever. I would guess if you chain vape while driving you would still get 2 days on a charge.

Thank you so much! This kind of stuff is what I needed to know. Now to do the research....

Addendum:
PB_MVP_01.jpg
This gave me a general idea of what it would look like and how it works. I know he's not using an Aspire, but I didn't even know what an MPV was:oops: Got the screenshot from A PBusardo Review & Contest - iTaste MVP V2 - YouTube

I like this guy's reviews.

Last edited:

COPD

Jan 24, 2014
Birmingham, AL, USA
ysyvaqe3.jpg

Here is mine on my MVP2. Great combo in my opinion. I can fill it up and leave the house with a full charge and not have to worry about anything. I think they look good together as well. Boy have I gotten some comments on this setup.
Yes! Thanks so much for posting this!

Thanks to eBay and PayPal's "Bill Me Later", I just ordered the setup

Aspire Nautilus BDC Glassomizer Adjustable Airflow Pyrex Tank
and
Itaste MVP 2 0 ICLEAR30 ICLEAR16 (Blue)

Now I need some juice that satisfies me. Got some 12mg nic, light flavors from Mt Baker, but I've smoked 4 or 5 analogs in the last couple of days to get what I'm missing in the juice.

Definitely gonna up the nic to 18 or maybe even 24, and look for darker, richer flavors. Something a little darker/richer than Mt Baker's Cinnamon Roll. Suggestions, advice, etc., about juice would be greatly appreciated y'all.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
No problem, glad I could help. Mtbaker is my go to for online juice. How much did you used to smoke before you started vaping? From the sound of it I would bet you do need to increase your nicotine. 18mg is a good starting point in my opinion. That's where I started and where i'm still at. 24mg would be good if you were a pretty heavy smoker, like more than a pack a day. I really think you'll like the Nautilus with the MVP2. With a full tank and a full charge you'll be set for the whole day without a problem.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

COPD

Jan 24, 2014
Birmingham, AL, USA
No problem, glad I could help. Mtbaker is my go to for online juice. How much did you used to smoke before you started vaping? From the sound of it I would bet you do need to increase your nicotine. 18mg is a good starting point in my opinion. That's where I started and where i'm still at. 24mg would be good if you were a pretty heavy smoker, like more than a pack a day. I really think you'll like the Nautilus with the MVP2. With a full tank and a full charge you'll be set for the whole day without a problem.

Some days (when I'm on the road) I can go through 3 packs/day. (It's a serious miracle I don't have lung cancer.)

I just Googled a "5 layer" juice, looking for something Mohamed included in the things he sent me (see post http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/518579-can-i-ask-here-now-11.html#post12152316). I liked it and it was satisfying. Anyway, I came up with Mom and Pop Vapor Shop, and ordered the following in 24mg nicotine:
Pchela's Famous 5 Layer
Tobacco Haze Flavor
Tobacco Dolce Flavor
RY4v2 Flavor
Newtella
Conspiracy
Tobacco Haze Flavor
Tobacco Haze Flavor
When I saw the "tobacco" category at this shop, it occurred to me I might be missing tobacco flavor too?? Anyway, I went wild and spent more than I should have. But it's almost imperative that I not start real cigs again. My career depends on good lung function since DOT regulations prohibit personal oxygen use in commercial vehicles.

Again, thanks everyone for your help and input.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Some days (when I'm on the road) I can go through 3 packs/day. (It's a serious miracle I don't have lung cancer.)

I just Googled a "5 layer" juice, looking for something Mohamed included in the things he sent me (see post http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/518579-can-i-ask-here-now-11.html#post12152316). I liked it and it was satisfying. Anyway, I came up with Mom and Pop Vapor Shop, and ordered the following in 24mg nicotine:
Pchela's Famous 5 Layer
Tobacco Haze Flavor
Tobacco Dolce Flavor
RY4v2 Flavor
Newtella
Conspiracy
Tobacco Haze Flavor
Tobacco Haze Flavor
When I saw the "tobacco" category at this shop, it occurred to me I might be missing tobacco flavor too?? Anyway, I went wild and spent more than I should have. But it's almost imperative that I not start real cigs again. My career depends on good lung function since DOT regulations prohibit personal oxygen use in commercial vehicles.

Again, thanks everyone for your help and input.

I definitely think 24mg will help out in your case. Hopefully you find some good juice that you like as well! You should also order a 5 pack of replacement coils for the Nautilus. You can never have enough back up coils and such. www.kidneypuncher.com has them in stock for a decent price. That's where I got mine from anyways.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread