What makes you purchase during a sale?

With all the holiday sales, what makes you decide to purchase?

• Free Shipping

• % off

• $ off

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
I don't typically care for the sites that try to disguise their higher mark-ups with free shipping. If you buy enough (provided you'll really use what you purchase) you can usually save more from a site that has lower prices even though you're paying for the shipping.

When looking at sales, for me it's % off, but if there is also free shipping it's a definite bonus. I won't buy at all though if I really don't need what's on sale.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Whenever I see a $ amount off, I just assume that the vendor is always going to offer that $ amount off. Kind of like how provape ALWAYS has a $ amount off of their Provari's. That isn't a sale. Thats just a vendor saying "we COULD charge you $180 for this mod, but we put a little strike through that $180, and we're selling it to you for $159.99!!! BUY NOW!! EVEN THOUGH IT WILL NEVER GO UP TO $180!!! (lol)

I rarely care about a % off sale unless its 40% off and above. I like big savings. I don't give 2 cares about 10% off. What is that? 1 dollar? I'd rather pay full price on another site that offers free shipping. But the free shipping needs to be advertised well, otherwise I wont even know its free shipping until I go through checkout, which I rarely do for new websites.. I stick to the ones I already know have free shipping on orders over $20-30 or whatever.

I feel bad blowing up their spot... But websites like VaporBeast get $0, zilcho from my wallet. Its nice that they offer free shipping across their website, indefinitely... But every single product they offer costs more than websites that don't offer free shipping. The shipping cost is hidden in the price of each and every item you buy. This wouldn't be so bad if they had obvious loss-leader products, but they don't.

I did like seeing BULK sales on things like clearomizer heads and cartomizers, thats for sure. Not enough websites offer a clean web design that integrates a bulk pricing table on the product pages.

I chose other because sales just make it easier for me to justify to my wife. Wife- "Omg another package came for you today" me-" but it was on sale" works every time! In the end it's about the money with her but if it keeps me off the stink sticks money doesn't matter to me.

^This all the way, lol.

I am constantly telling my wife that "with that price I couldn't pass it up" and it works every time. I am pretty sure she assumes I spend way to much, but she has anything she needs so she doesn't question. Either way it works for me, I have roughly $250usd in orders(RTA's, RDA's and two mods with batteries as well as a couple racks to hold all this stuff) waiting to be delivered and I so hope it keeps working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread