Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased the Volt X2 automatic battery passthrough and several clearomizers recently and likes 2 of the 5 flavors I ordered with it.

Nicquid - Sinthol (best so far, tastes like Big Red chewing gum - smooth good vapor)
Nicquid - Grape Escape (tastes like grape robitussin but not bad harsh but good vapor)
Nicquid - Blueberry (tastes like blue mist but not cool seems warmish)
Nicquid - Butterscotch (like the candy but has this weird nauseating feeling after each vape)
Nicquid - Apple (barely tastes like apple, CRAP flavor, bad vapor production)
VapeRite - Coffee French Vanilla (absolute trash, tastes like the crappy vanilla blucigs)
VapeRite - Coconut (nauseating coconut taste bad vapor prod)

Ordered Halo juice (the peppermint flavor name starts with k i think) and the Menthol Ice.

I'm liking the whole clearomizer setup, I just need some good juices or a daily juice im happy with. Tired of all the crappy juices I have tried, and the multiple different convenience store ecigs i have tried.

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
little birdhouse in your soul
I love Smokeless Image as a company and their hardware is good but I never found too much of their juice that I like. Strawnanna Smoothie is okay and I actually like the Apple and Banana Nut Bread but outside of that, it's a no-go.

The Auto batteries are good but you should try a manual with your next purchase....maybe even their Spinner.

i know how the manual works in theory, but how exactly does one vape it? Do you hold the button for a few seconds and inhale? Do you inhale while holding the button? Why would you recommend manual over auto?

Inhale while holding the button.

I also use the Volt X2 auto as my primary and have since I found them, about a month in. I have manuals, but like the auto better for its hands-free usability. Since if I'm outside I'm covered in garden mud, it means a minimum of mud-cleaning off buttons.

One minor warning, leaving it plugged in as a passthrough will seriously reduce your battery life. It's best to use it for a while, plug it in and switch to another, and switch back later. Or just use until empty and then recharge, but that also reduces battery life faster than partially charging.

The Spinner also comes in auto, so you don't have to go manual if you want to try that (note: The SI version of the Spinner only; the eGo style Spinner is manual only).

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
You just push the button when you take a drag as opposed to just taking a drag. It takes some getting used to, I cannot tell you how many times I forgot to push the button when I first got the manual battery.

It is a matter of personal preference between the two. I preferred the autos in the beginning but I don't buy them any more. They cost the same so if you need another battery at some point, you could try one. They don't last any longer or any less and some will tell you that you can get a stronger hit on it.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
When I got my first manuals they felt so weird having to push the button, but now they seem so normal that thinking about not having to push a button seems weird. But I do like the idea of having a large battery that has the long charge life where I wouldn't have to push da button. Think I shall do some looking and see what I think.

When I got my first manuals they felt so weird having to push the button, but now they seem so normal that thinking about not having to push a button seems weird. But I do like the idea of having a large battery that has the long charge life where I wouldn't have to push da button. Think I shall do some looking and see what I think.

Keep in mind, a button is simple. A microphone or pressure monitor (I don't know what they use) is much more complicated. It's one more thing that could break. :)

We should note that in...seven?...X2s, all autos, that has never been the reason they were taken out of service. Shortened battery life (like, maybe I have 300 mAh left) is the primary reason they get retired.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
the x2 battery i have is 1300mah i think. its thick and huge. basically the thickness of the clearo all the way down.

thanks, ill check out the manual battery next. i want a different color anyways.

If so then that's a perfect size for vaping at my work all day. Think I'm getting more interested in this battery. Plus I'v never bought anything from smokeless image just browsed there site a lot. Maybe it's time to give em a try. Only thing is I just got an iTaste vv3 a few weeks ago so I want to wait a few more weeks to get a new toy. Then maybe I can feel justified in making another purchase so soon:)

So looks like the ones I was just looking at from smokeless image are a little small maybe around 300mah? Do they have any bigger? And are they regulated voltage or are there some vv? I'll keep looking:p

The ones from SI (the X2 and Spinner, not the Volt cig-alike) are 650, 900, or 1300 mAh.

Over time they do lose capacity, and I retire them when I get about 3 hours of vape time out of them. Or about 300 mAh or so.

All batteries lose capacity with each charge, but you should get 200 (if you abuse the battery) to 600 (if you treat it like glass) charges out of it before it starts to lose much capacity at all. My by the computer battery is abused, my others are treated like glass.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I think the best of the NicQuid is the Gen 7, Day Break in tobacco, Maraschino Blast which is both a fruit and menthol but not over bearing with either, and Bahama Blizzard another menthol. I've tried a few of their others and do use their Added Burst when I feel like a bit of menthol. At the moment I am doing Pina Colada by Ahlusion but like several of their juices also. I've found a few by Killer Juice I also like but what tastes good to me others may not like.

If so then that's a perfect size for vaping at my work all day. Think I'm getting more interested in this battery. Plus I'v never bought anything from smokeless image just browsed there site a lot. Maybe it's time to give em a try. Only thing is I just got an iTaste vv3 a few weeks ago so I want to wait a few more weeks to get a new toy. Then maybe I can feel justified in making another purchase so soon:)

Remember--the screw on the X2 is 808 thread, not 510. You may need a converter depending on what you use.

I rather wished they used the standard eGo threading myself, or sold a converter for eGo to X2 (including the outer screw) as I'd like to use the Kanger T3s I own (X2 thread) with my mods.

It turns out you can use an eGo thread on the X2 with a little finagling, but not the other way around.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
Remember--the screw on the X2 is 808 thread, not 510. You may need a converter depending on what you use.

I rather wished they used the standard eGo threading myself, or sold a converter for eGo to X2 (including the outer screw) as I'd like to use the Kanger T3s I own (X2 thread) with my mods.

It turns out you can use an eGo thread on the X2 with a little finagling, but not the other way around.

Thanks, that's info I definitely needed. All my stuff is 510 and ego.

I hate it that good batteries have to eventually die :cry:

You can extend their lifespan dramatically by never using them down to discharged (or at least avoiding that as much as possible). A battery that's only half discharged when you recharge it will last about three times longer.

For that reason, I'm a fan of massively oversizing batteries where possible and always buy the 1,300 mAh. While I'm a power vaper, I couldn't balance anything much larger on my lip hands-free.

Thanks, that's info I definitely needed. All my stuff is 510 and ego.

510 is easy, just get an 808 to 510 converter--if you choose the one with the outer skirt threads, it's also an 808 to eGo converter and will work perfectly with the X2.

Going in that direction is easy. Trying to mount X2 (outer skirt threaded) stuff onto a 510 is impossible.

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Eh.........I have all 950's and they last me a good amount of time; at least 8 hours. They are about the same size as the Vision Spinners and I have a Spinner in manual that I have had since they originally came out and it still runs strong.

The autos are the oldest batteries I have; at least a year old and they fire but they don't work all that well but they lasted for about 6 months for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread