Organic e-juice???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
Organic, if I'm not off my mark, generally means that no chemicals or compounds were added that are not naturally occurring.

For organic chickens, that would mean no vaccine, no medications, and no heavily processed or chemically treated food products. For organic vegetables, that would mean no chemical fertilizers, no pesticides, etc.

I don't know how that would work for juice, though. Flavorings can be derived naturally, but they are generally weaker than engineered flavors and can vary from batch to batch. Vegetable Glycerin, I assume would be a matter of extraction - can you extract glycerin without chemical processes?

As for nicotine... organic tobacco could provide it, but again, I don't know what the extraction process would be.

I imagine that truly organic juice would be costly to produce, costlier to buy, and probably not profitable for any standard e-cig company to mass-produce. Home brewing in small batches might be more cost-effective, but labor-intensive, and making your own juice does have the possibility of things turning out wrong, which could mean as little as crappy flavor or as much as nicotine poisoning.

Have you seen a supplier offering organic juice? If so, I would ask THEM how they derive their ingredients. Any reputable supplier should be willing to share their ingredients list. Especially if they are making organic claims.

Last edited:

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I would prefer organic e-juice myself. You can buy (like I do) organic VG and make your own, however, the flavoring, nor the nicotine I use is not organic. Don't know where I would find any either.

You can get organic flavorings from Naturesflavors. Where do you get your organic VG? Please and thank you.

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL

Thank you:)

I just looked this up yesterday. naturesflavors.com answers all these questions in the first paragraph. I love this website. I don't know how to make a link yet, or i would have done so for you.

Not really sure if they sell e Cig juice just yet......But thanks for the Post:)

I would prefer organic e-juice myself. You can buy (like I do) organic VG and make your own, however, the flavoring, nor the nicotine I use is not organic. Don't know where I would find any either.

Yeah I'm not a DIY type of a guy....But thanks for the suggestion:)

Last edited:

CartHeadMod

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Holland, Michigan

JesterDev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2009
Pueblo, Colorado
You can get organic flavorings from Naturesflavors. Where do you get your organic VG? Please and thank you.

Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage. Their website does not list it, but they have it in the stores, at least at the one I go to. I'm sure any local health food store can order it for you. Hope this helps!

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
Well organic in chemistry terms means pertaining to carbon. Organic in the food & consumables market refers to the absence of chemicals (pesticides, carcinogens, chemical processing, preservatives, etc) in every way start to finished product, as opposed to 'natural' which is similar. The difference is natural can have additives (non-organic fertilizers, etc) before harvested & once harvested it is not treated chemically in any way. Therefore an organic plant is grown on land that has been deemed organic by the USDA & hasn't had any chemicals come in contact with it for 10+ years & organic fertilizers can be used. A natural plant doesn't have to be grown on certified organic land & can implement the use of chemicals to assist with its production until harvested at which point no chemically driven processes or preservatives can be used.

With regards to organic VG or PG, they are both pure from a chemistry perspective, therefore in its purest form organic or natural doesn't really matter since they are as refined as they can possibly be & anything else would just add additional stuff you don't want in there. I found myself in a healthfood store eye-balling a bottle of 'natural' vegetable glycerine that, like the stuff found in a pharmacy, was 99.9 or whatever % pure & it dawned on me... they're the same & if its that pure chemicals used in production or not are irrelevant since they are not present in the finished product (& the price was double for the 'natural' VG anyway).
I saw one of the first posts in this thread someone said all they wanted in their juice was V & G, nothing else. IMO to vape nothing but VG seems sort of weird since I personally prefer both flavors & nicotine to be added to my juice, but hey, that just me.

deusXmchna

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
TX
as a biologist- I have a feeling that quite a few of those "organic" flavorings are quite complex and have fractions that are things you might NOT want to be vaporizing into your lungs. YMMV

(actually I have that feeling about a lot of the flavors being used. so far I've been purchasing highly popular flavors by very popular manufacturers. my method is that if a flavor/manufacturer hasn't croaked anyone, or doesn't have a noticeable casual (havent seen any causal) relationship with any side effects, I'll smoke it. I'd like to thank ECF for guinea-pigging for me during the last ~couple of years ;) )

Last edited:

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
What am i doing wrong here?
I ordered 8 organic flavorings for e-juice but they all taste gross!
Black Cherry
Butter Pecan
Caramel Cream
Expresso
Milk Chocolate
Butterscotch
Raspberry
Cappuccino
I keep adding more flavoring to the vg only nicotine until I can taste the flavor but they taste gross!
I do not even want to put them on my site.
How can I fix these flavors?
I have not tried adding ethyl maltol or anything yet.
Just the nic vg and organic flavoring.
There must be something else to add to make these taste halfway decent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread