Not open for further replies.

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hey guys,

Recently purchased a "flat" or "square" eVic top cap. It's the cylindrical version that makes most wider 510 atties sit flush on the top. I bought it on eBay off of a guy who bought it straight from joyetech (it came in the original joyetech box). It screws it perfectly and looks great on the eVic, except for one problem. The silver finish isn't the same as the stock eVic silver.

Basically, this top cap is a more 'brushed' light silver color than the factory standard eVic chrome/silver 18650 tube that comes with the mod right out of the box. I have been searching for the correct top-cap to match the factory joyetech 18650 chrome/silver tube, but cannot seem to pinpoint which one I need to purchase. On some vendors sights, the "chrome" option to purchase looks like a mirror! Way too chrome-y compared to the Joyetech factory chrome. Picture below.

$_57.jpg
This is the one I purchased ^ It does not match the Joyetech 18650 factory chrome tube. It is much more brushed and a lighter silver.

EVC-ACY-ALL-2T.jpg

I am questioning the one all the way to the right; is that the one I should have purchased to match it?

Thanks in advance.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I bought all 3 of the square end caps here https://www.cignot.com/product_p/evc-acy-all.htm

The chrome matches exactly as does the black one, the brushed square cap is a few shades darker than the my brushed Joyetech tube.

I also like this end cap to help protect the 510 threads on my eVics 510 to eGo Adapter with Well is has a floating center pin. I put it on top of the stock eVic tapered end cap. The brushed one doesn't match the stock eVic silver tube.

To support larger 510 tanks Like the HyperTank I use this https://smoktek.3dcartstores.com/Tank-Airflow-Controller_p_571.html also gives me airflow control on my non Aerotank tanks.

Edited to add pics

photoevic01.jpg

photoevic02.jpg

Last edited:

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I'll be honest with you - I just bought the chrome one from that website...I really hope it matches the standard tube. :facepalm:

Not sure which is standard, I have Black, Chrome and brushed tubes. The chrome from cignot matches my chrome tube nicely. Have found any aftermarket end cap that matches my brushed tube, they are either too dark or too light. Not a huge issue for me though as I keep my eVic in a pouch on a lanyard around my neck so nothing below the fire button shows.

Go4iT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2014
Milwaukee, WI, USA
Getting my new Black eVic tomorrow and ordered the eCa top cap in black from cignot, which will arrive the next day. Can't wait to test it out with the Kanger Aero Tank which I'll also get tomorrow. Now I'll have a new addition to the smokeless family, to go along with my iTaste MVP and my pocket vape, the Halo Triton tanker. Can't wait! :)

pirgulation

Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Missouri - Usa
Hey guys - I just wanted to drop a note about the color change/differences.. I too noticed the color differences,, and until just now thought it was a fluke. The Joyetech silver & the Ovale silver are different (heads up).. I only noticed this when I bought the short tube (18350 tube) and got the Joyetech silver color.(Which i've misplaced it seems)

*and yes* just swap the bases and you have a better looking 'aerotank' 2014-02-20 03.28.39.jpg 2014-02-20 03.27.43.jpg

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
jy5yqahu.jpg

See what I mean? It really irritates me.

I'm not sure what the eBay seller stated it was, but that looks to me like a "silver" top combined with the "stainless" battery tube. Very much the wrong top if you were looking for a finish match. If you ordered a "stainless" top that isn't what you got.

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
dy4yda7e.jpg

That's a bit more like it.

For the record, If you order from 'cignot', the "stainless bright" option is the one above. It came in a Joyetech box and it will be the closest match to the eVic by Joyetech with the chrome 18650 tube.

It is not a perfect match; the eVic tube is actually a slightly brushed chrome whereas the top cap is straight chrome, but it looks much better than the brushed grey/silver top I posted in the first picture.

noooice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread