Status
Not open for further replies.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Well, it took longer to get here than I expected, but it's finally time for me to post a new Movie Quiz!

This is the part where I usually make a few comments about the new quiz. But, after a couple of unsatisfying attempts to type up a few different thoughts, I've decided to just skip that part this time. :p

As always, to the thread lurkers: Your participation is appreciated! Just jump in and post your replies!

The thread will run its course for a week or so, and I'll bump it with hints and whatnot as needed. Answers will be posted when the time feels right.

There are eight screenshots below. Most of them should be fairly recognizable if you've seen the films. So, which of these movies can you identify?

Please answer with movie numbers only, not titles..
forum_flail.gif

Good luck! :)

movie-quiz_85.jpg

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
1 -- one of my favorites. Recorded it off tv, then bought the DVD, then bought another DVD because I didn't remember buying it, then picked up another at Blockbuster close-out sale.

6 -- my least favorite of her movies, but it's still great!

7 -- very, very intense movie. Opening sequence is beautifully chilling. Not quite as "creep into your skull and bundle up your brain in threads of ice" as the original but still excellent. One of the few great remakes.

Others -- no idea. I recognize actors in 5 and 8 and could probably research from there. For the others, no idea where to start.

Thanks for the quiz! It keeps me on my toes, and it's time to celebrate when I do recognize one. :)

Last edited:

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Time for some hints...

#1: The title character in this futuristic flick falls hard for a female government operative. Despite her initial reluctance to engage him, she eventually starts to warm up to our charming hero... Until she is suddenly reminded of her directive. Then she just shuts down on him completely. Oh yeah, and they're both robots.

#2: This 2013 sci-fi movie holds the distinction of featuring Jodie Foster in her first villainous role. She plays the Secretary of Homeland Security, in charge of protecting the orbiting home of the planet's wealthy elite.

#3: Maybe if I'd used the screenshot below instead, this M. Night Shyamalan movie would be more easily identifiable?

movie-quiz_85_3.jpg

#4: The screenshot shows Darryl from The Walking Dead on the left, (Norman Reedus), and Sean Patrick Flanery on the right. Between them is Billy Connolly, as their dad. Together, they form a righteous killing machine, out to rid the world, (or at least the Greater Boston area), of mafia types and other assorted ne'er-do-wells.

Hope these help!

movie-quiz_85.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread