Feb 9, 2014
Clay, West Virginia, USA

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Sub ohm was one step in learning what can be done with a coil. It's sort of 'old hat' by todays standards, there are safer, better, ways to do things now.

Will you stop it tj... lol I like the occasional .8 build and I don't like to be described by anyone (except my wife maybe) as 'old hat'

Nataani

Moved On
Nov 28, 2013
Chicago, IL
I recently saw a guy with a 1.2 ohm build that won a cloud blowing contest. He beat my dual coil 24g 0.11 build hands down. Sadly he wouldn't show the build, only put it on an ohm meter to prove the resistance.

So you don't HAVE to do sub ohm to get the fog effect, but I haven't yet figured out a build over an ohm that can beat my super low resistance builds.

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
sub ohm is for cloud chasers

I do not believe it is a necessary part of vaping and it is very often detrimental to public acceptance to vaping because of people blowing HUGE clouds of vapor in public in an attempt to show off (which is the only reason to cloud chase IMO)

you end up vaping at high wattages which in most cases end up in burnt tasting juice (unless you drip between each vape - this gets to be a hassle)

as you can probably tell I am not a fan of cloud chasing or sub ohm vaping and believe it should be confined to private places where the general public will not witness it and get the wrong impression of vaping

just my 2 cents

lightbud404

Serial Vapist
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2013
Atlanta, GA
sub ohm is for cloud chasers

I do not believe it is a necessary part of vaping and it is very often detrimental to public acceptance to vaping because of people blowing HUGE clouds of vapor in public in an attempt to show off (which is the only reason to cloud chase IMO)

you end up vaping at high wattages which in most cases end up in burnt tasting juice (unless you drip between each vape - this gets to be a hassle)

as you can probably tell I am not a fan of cloud chasing or sub ohm vaping and believe it should be confined to private places where the general public will not witness it and get the wrong impression of vaping

just my 2 cents
as an intermediate cloud chaser I hate to admit it but, I concur :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread