Think I am done with EVOD and MT3s... What else would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

numus

Nov 15, 2013
Florida
I have had atleast 2 EVODs and 1 MT3s start to leak from the bottom (onto the battery). No matter what I do (replace the coil, rebuild the coil with cotton, put a second rubber piece on the center upside down) it still is leaking. I have put the EVOD and MT3s onto papertowel without a battery and the towel is stained where ejuice has flown onto it.

Is there another clearo I should try? I loved the EVOD because of the size (don't need more than the 1.7 ml or whatever it is).

numus

Nov 15, 2013
Florida
I've started having problems with some of my T3S' & MT3's too. They're only a couple of weeks old, but the ones I'm having problems with had very thin juces in them. The ones with slightly thicker juces haven't been a problem at all. I've been very impressed with the Aspire BDC's, and the Kanger Mini 2.

I am using 50/50 from Mt Baker Vapor.. The current one is the extreme ice.

CShaver

Cloudy Flavor All Day
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Swoyersville, PA
I have had 4 Evods, and only 1 leaked badly. You will always have the occasional drop or two from bottom coils. It's almost unavoidable.

However, that being said, I absolutely love the Protank Mini 2. I have 4 of those and not one leaks (except for the occasional drop or two). I recoiled them with microcoils and cotton, and even removed the silicone cover completely. I never get a dry hit, and it never leaks. I do get the occasional drop of liquid every other day, but when that happens, all I do is unscrew, wrap in a paper towel, and blow into the bottom (ego threading). It gets the excess out and it's good for another 2 days.

I also use Mt Baker 50/50 for juice (my go-to, but I do have 60/40 from a local B&M and have had no problems)

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Smoktech has the ARO which is very similiar to the EVOD, and they recently came out with a new version called the T-Dux 2.0. The coil sits in a ceramic sink to stop any sort of leaking. Seems to be getting pretty good reviews and isn't very expensive, but they'll be hard to find for a while.

Smoktech T-Dux 2.0 Tank

numus

Nov 15, 2013
Florida
Smoktech has the ARO which is very similiar to the EVOD, and they recently came out with a new version called the T-Dux 2.0. The coil sits in a ceramic sink to stop any sort of leaking. Seems to be getting pretty good reviews and isn't very expensive, but they'll be hard to find for a while.

Smoktech T-Dux 2.0 Tank

Thanks.. will have to hold off on any future purchases and wait for these to come in stock. I have 2 Anyvape Mini Vivnova but apperently no one sells them anymore and I can't find replacement coils for them (wasn't 100% crazy about them either).

I like the idea that the T-Dux 2.0 is reasonably priced, but not plastic so don't have to worry about what type of juice.

OBDave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I really like the Smoktech pyrex Aro tanks - similar in form and function to an Evod, use MT3S coils, slightly larger but not huge and glass tanks to hold any juice. I don't add a second rubber grommet, I just take the one that comes on a coil and flip it upside down - huge help with leaking/gurgling issues on my Protanks and Aros - I don't really use my Evods any more because I like so many citrus juices.

Those T-Dux tanks humpstyles is pushing sound very promising though, I must say...I just have so many spare coils in stock and I'm getting ready to experiment with carto tanks and RDAs that I don't want to get into another new clearo at the moment. Otherwise I'd be on those like stink on a pair of week-old underwear.

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Just throwing in my :2c: I bought the RG200 BCC, glass, from FT. Wanted a smaller glass tank that used protank heads.

They are 2ml volume, slim and sleek and look great on evod or eGo batteries. (You do need the beauty rings, that are not included, to cover the threads and help to keep them from wearing due to stress point, but they are super cheap.) They are SS and glass, no issues with cracking due to strong liquids like cinnamon, citrus, etc.

I bought 2 and a week later ordered 2 more, I liked them that much. After over 2 months of using the same 2, never a leak or issue what so ever. At less than $7, you can't beat them! I'm a chainvaper and they have held up very well, including being dropped on hardwood floors several times.

I change out the heads every couple weeks, they use the protank heads. I bought a 10 pack to go with them, same heads fit my Davide. I throw the used ones in vodka overnight, rinse, air dry and dry burn and they are like new again. As a disclaimer, I don't use coil buster juices that would be a hassle to clean either. Since I haven't learned to rebuild my own, buying them for $1 each is a deal!

They also come in 4ml for those that are interested, for like $10. Considering what I paid for my Davide at a local B&M, that has given me trouble since day 1, this is a much better item for half the price of the Davide.

So there's my review for someone looking for a smaller tank for an evod/eGo. And my review is worth exactly what you paid for it!:lol:

Deb-NCPatches

numus

Nov 15, 2013
Florida
^ OBDave,
heard you on that. I have 4 EVODs,
a protank3, and 3 RBAs. the EVODs are my on the go atty (especially
after discovering cotton microcoils a few months ago)...and it'll take me something promising to ditch them. these Tdux2.0's do look promising, but I haven't even touched one yet!

I still haven't figured out how to make a microcoil for an EVOD. I think I may have cracked a brand new EVOD (tightened to much and now it is leaking like crazy) or did I just damage the coil?

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
I still haven't figured out how to make a microcoil for an EVOD. I think I may have cracked a brand new EVOD (tightened to much and now it is leaking like crazy) or did I just damage the coil?

If there is a crack an EVOD will leak like crazy, so it would be my guess. I use a Protank right now for my rebuilding and an ibtanked carto tank setup as my primary devices. They are both very durable and tend to just work for me. Making a micro coil in an Evod head is pretty simple, i watched this walkthrough before i tried and i got a pretty nice coil built on my 3rd try.

Mini Protank Micro Coil Rebuild - YouTube

Last edited:

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
I have had atleast 2 EVODs and 1 MT3s start to leak from the bottom (onto the battery). No matter what I do (replace the coil, rebuild the coil with cotton, put a second rubber piece on the center upside down) it still is leaking. I have put the EVOD and MT3s onto papertowel without a battery and the towel is stained where ejuice has flown onto it.

Is there another clearo I should try? I loved the EVOD because of the size (don't need more than the 1.7 ml or whatever it is).

The most common reason for EVODs to leak out the bottom is screwing them on too tightly. What happens is that you wind up unscrewing the coil head a little bit each time, and it starts leaking.

Take the head off your battery, and the top off the head, and try to screw in the metal post that sticks up. (Hope that's clear, basically screw the 2 pieces of the base back together again) I bet you'll find that it has come loose. For my daughter (who just can't seem to get the concept of "barely tight") I crank these in with 2 pairs of pliers, and she still manages to loosen them occasionally!

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Two months ago, if you'd told me I'd never use BCCs again, Id've laughed at you. Now, after curiosity finally got the best of me and I bought a RBA and an RDA, I haven't used a BCC in over a month. Get an RBA.

RBAs are great, but BCCs have their niche value. I still prefer them if I'm running out to the store or to a bar or something. RBAs are my hanging at home or at work toppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread