What about the kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
I know that there are lots of questions about what we are inhaling, but what about what we are exhaling? I never smoked in my house or my car, but I find myself vaping away at my computer now with my girls in the next room. Do you think that there is anything put out by second hand vapor? Sounds crazy, I know, but just wondering. My girls rarely ever even saw me smoke and I still hide the vaping from the little one just so I am not setting a bad example. The older one is 13 and she has seen me smoke way more than my 4 year old. The older one also knows that this is a better alternative to smoking (we hope). My husband says there is no smell and the kids haven't said anything either. Things that make you go hmmmmmm

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I had the same question when it came to my grandsons (they are 2 and 3 1/2). It just didn't feel right to sit in front of them and vape. The older one asked me what it was....that even felt funny. So now I try to do it in the other room. Makes it really tough when I visit them though because they want to be around me all the time. I really thought vaping would be the answer but it hasn't been (in that aspect) for me.

Lu

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
Even though there is no factual reason to avoid it I still don't vape around them. Just doesn't feel right for some reason.

I agree with you and Lu. I have been vaping in my room and one of them walk in. They see nothing but I imagine that the vapor is still in the air (somewhere). I have my celing fan on super high so it disappears even more quickly. I have wondered about this in the malls at the kiosks also.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
ougghhhh Toughfeee...

Even though there kids, they see more then u think.

Sorry I'm no help here....

I am concerned about what they see, but feel as though I hide it pretty well. Better than I did smoking. But I just wonder what is in the vapor that I exhale and if that could be harmful to them and my husband. Obviously, I should just go outside like I did when I smoked to be on the safe side.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
I would rather be safe than sorry later. However, my older daughter (13) sees more of the "gear" than the actual vaping, I think. I have 4 chargers with batteries in them. My 4 year old doesn't pay attention. I keep 3 of the chargers on a strip under my bed. I do not want anything about this to be appealing to them. Ever.

strell

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
www.VapeZone.com
vapezone.com
Yeah..I'm the same. Much better if my kids don't grow up thinking it's normal to smoke or vape.
Yeah, kids pick up on everything, no matter how well you think you hide it. We reserve any smoking-like activities for when the kids are a couple hours into sleep and never leave any gear around. I still feel weird that they were around when we mentioned that we went to a hookah bar last summer while they were with their grandparents.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
Yeah, kids pick up on everything, no matter how well you think you hide it. We reserve any smoking-like activities for when the kids are a couple hours into sleep and never leave any gear around. I still feel weird that they were around when we mentioned that we went to a hookah bar last summer while they were with their grandparents.

Definitley!

Elle

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Orange County, CA
PG and VG are fine and I remember reading the small amount of nic you exhale evaporates as soon as it hits the air.

I've heard this as well, somewhere in a discussion about second hand vapor in general.

Interesting that many of us are willing to assume exhaled vapor is generally safe to use in public or in enclosed areas but to apply that logic to vaping around kids is "dangerous". Just an observation.

Personally I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Stone me to death why don't you- but off the top of my head, I wouldn't think its a hazard. That being said, I wouldn't chance that assumption on my kids or anyone elses.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
I've heard this as well, somewhere in a discussion about second hand vapor in general.

Interesting that many of us are willing to assume exhaled vapor is generally safe to use in public or in enclosed areas but to apply that logic to vaping around kids is "dangerous". Just an observation.

Personally I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Stone me to death why don't you- but off the top of my head, I wouldn't think its a hazard. That being said, I wouldn't chance that assumption on my kids or anyone elses.

I agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread