Cleaning blu batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuiHiggins

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Honolulu, HI
Hi all, I've got a question about cleaning blu batteries. I've got 2 kits myself, and also ordered a blu kit for my grandmother just to get her started on vaping. She's been smoking for 50+ years and I really feel like it's time for her to give it up. She really liked her blu when she first got it. Initially her blu's gave great vapor, but now, not so much. I maintain all of her equipment for her. I clean her atty's with highping's method and also clean the threading on her battery with isopropyl alcohol, but the past couple of days the vapor production has really dropped off. I'm wondering how one would go about cleaning the air intake hole that is in the middle of the battery, and how deep that hole goes. Any help would be great, I love my grandmother and want to make the transition to vaping as easy and as stress-free as possible. Pre-thanks!

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
A good trick that's good for any auto batt to get any juice that's in there out is to suck on the connector end without the atty attached. It's not 100%, but it'll get alot out, I do this on my RN4081 from time to time. You'd be surprised how much juice can get down in that hole. It's the main reason I tend to stick with sealed manual batts.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have about eight batts in rotation. I keep them all in a shot glass on my coffee table. I put them thread side down on a kleenex. My hope was that if any juice got in them, it would drain out onto the kleenex while they sat there all day and night. I don't know if this actually happens, but I haven't had any battery problems.

~A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread