Newbie here - would you go from an Evod to a Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deborahbeaman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2014
Springfield, MO
Hi to all, I am 21 days into vaping and I have already gone from the V2 to the Evod, but I just don't get consistency from it. I still miss the throat hit from analogs, but I can only use VG juice. I have been reading about the Provari, the price is a little steep, but I really don't want to go back to smoking and it would be well worth it if it prevented that. I am 58, so there may be a learning curve trying to rebuild the coils LOL. Any thoughts would be appreciated.:confused: Also, Im sorry if this is TMI, but I wear dentures, so I don't get a lot of absorption except for inhaling. I did read the sticky about how to vape, but...:blush:

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
the Provari is a fine device, and it can be topped by a RBA or a carto or a clearo. As far as the throat hit you are looking for if you can only use VG juices ...there are only a few ways to increase that...higher nicotine in the juice....STRONG flavors like strong mint(halos Kringles curse) or strong cinnamon(red hots type) are about your best bets . Even with dentures your cheeks, tongue and throat absorb most of the nicotine...even if you do lung inhales the nicotine can not be absorbed due to particle size.

Amsterdamm

Feb 13, 2014
Northern Virginia
I too started on the V2s and intend to continue using them likely forever. Although I have graduated to a VAMO v5 -- which I adore -- It's only practical (and wise) to use when I am at home or sitting around bull....ting with friends at one of our homes. The size of the device and the VG liquid I like to smoke through it is just too conspicuous (and to some obnoxious) to use just anywhere.

At work, while at a bar, or in just general out and about, I use my V2s with a PG liquid. Their small size plus the light vapor that PG liquid creates is perfect for blending in and inconspicuous use. As I type this right now, I am sitting in a government computer lab, on site, with a V2 right in front of me. People around me are making as big deal of it as I am that I am smoking one.

This all said though, don't throw out your V2s just yet. Consider that some devices and liquids are more suitable for certain situations than are others.

As far as your question goes regarding which APV to get, I think that either will do you just fine. In the end, they all do the same thing, which is to provide power to an atomizer. That's it.

The distinguishing factors are quality and cost, between which there is a proportional relationship. The Provari will last you longer, but will cost you more. Outside of that, there is aesthetics, but for the most part, there is no right-or-wrong answer independent of independent circumstances.

deborahbeaman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2014
Springfield, MO
I too started on the V2s and intend to continue using them likely forever. Although I have graduated to a VAMO v5 -- which I adore -- It's only practical (and wise) to use when I am at home or sitting around bull....ting with friends at one of our homes. The size of the device and the VG liquid I like to smoke through it is just too conspicuous (and to some obnoxious) to use just anywhere.

At work, while at a bar, or in just general out and about, I use my V2s with a PG liquid. Their small size plus the light vapor that PG liquid creates is perfect for blending in and inconspicuous use. As I type this right now, I am sitting in a government computer lab, on site, with a V2 right in front of me. People around me are making as big deal of it as I am that I am smoking one.

This all said though, don't throw out your V2s just yet. Consider that some devices and liquids are more suitable for certain situations than are others.

That's true, I hadn't thought of that... Thanks :)

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I'd experiment with different delivery devices / toppers & different resistance heads to find what works best for you first.
Even though there are 3 Provari's in the house, I'd recommend experimenting with something less expensive like the MVP2 to see if a more stable/increase in power delivery & vv/vw improves your vape experience.

There is an additive available from a DYI juice supplier that increases throat hit, I am drawing a blank at the moment on what/who/where.

deborahbeaman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2014
Springfield, MO
I say order the Provari. Chances are more than likely you will down the road anyway, why not now. Also if you can only use VG ejuice I can recommend Alien Vision ejuice. They have mostly VG based ejuice, and I get tons of throat hit from there Boba's Bounty or Gorilla Juice.

I have kind of gotten the juice bug, ordered a bunch of different flavors...I can see where this may be an addiction :vapor:

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Now that you know that vaping is definitely for you, then I would say a Provari is an excellent idea if you're looking at PV's in that price range. You can top the provari with all sorts of delivery devices, and if needed you can always get a 510/eGo converter thingie so they fit properly. I still use Kanger T2's at 1.8 - 2.0 - 2.2 - 2.4 ohms. Heathers Heavenly Vapes has a very clean pure VG range of juices (in other words the base flavoring is VG as well). What nicotine level are you using as that can have an impact on throat hit.

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
GO for it!!!!!

I went from ego style batteries to a MVP 2 to a ProVari.

I was lucky enough to have won the MVP 2, otherwise I may not have ever bought one. I really liked the MVP 2 and it does it's job good. However- if you can afford the ProVari, I think you should definitely go for it!!! You may want to experiment with something else as a good backup for the ProVari, or you may end up doing what most ProVari owners do and buy a second one! (and then a third and a fourth....)
I always look at it this way: I spent $10 a day smoking. A ProVari cost only as much as I would have spent for less than 20 DAYS of smoking!!
To me this justifies the price completely.
In the long run if you are thinking about a ProVari now you will most likely buy one at some point. It may as well be now before you spend even more money on mods that you will want to upgrade from eventually anyway.

Good luck and Welcome to ECF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'd experiment with different delivery devices / toppers & different resistance heads to find what works best for you first.
Even though there are 3 Provari's in the house, I'd recommend experimenting with something less expensive like the MVP2 to see if a more stable/increase in power delivery & vv/vw improves your vape experience.

There is an additive available from a DYI juice supplier that increases throat hit, I am drawing a blank at the moment on what/who/where.

I second that.

OP, start with an iTaste MVP 2--you can buy it for 40 bucks and have a lot of fun with that. :) Just plug and play, it comes with dual 510/eGo threading, it offers variable power and voltage, and can be used as a passthrough, which means you can vape while it's charging. And it's a 2600 mAh battery--one charge should last you at least two days!

Good luck.

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
Hello and welcome to ECF..... If you can afford the Provari just go ahead and get it. It is a fine device that is well made and has different sizes to suit your needs. If you want to keep it small go for the mini, although the regular size one isn't that large. Head over to the provari forums and take a look at some of the pictures and read through the posts before making up your mind..... good luck!!! BTW.... yes I have one and love it!!! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread