Do you worry? Long term effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brannagh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
Boise, Idaho, United States
Honestly, I don't because no matter what, it HAS to be better than all of the chemicals we were inhaling via the "death sticks". I have vaped for years (only when smoking wasnt an option) but I could not let go of my Marlboros. Something kept me from letting go. I finally figured out that it was that "chemical buzz" I got. Ya know...that light headed affect you got after not smoking. IE...when you woke up, that first cig "high". Well....I switched to American Spirits (no chemicals = no buzz (high). Six months after smoking American Spirits plus vaping at work I finally said " I am ready". Done!! I have smoked cigarettes since I was 15 and I am now 41...this was a HUGE change!! Once I said it and ordered not one but two itaste (svd and mvp) I haven't looked back. The point is...those damn chemicals kept me hanging on. My bff hated my American Spirits because she didn't get the "buzz".

So regardless...vaping has to be better in the long run. Hell, my Dr. even told me that he gave his mom an e-cig rather than a RX for Chantix. Ha!!!

vape on :vapor:

Last edited:

NineToez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Los Angeles, CA USA
I too am 41 and was smoking regularly since about 19 or 20. I recently completely quit and now vape exclusively and although my friends and family love the fact that I quit cigarettes, they really don't know what to say about vaping since they see it as "you're replacing one thing with another" or "you're still sucking in chemicals regardless".

While the jury is still somewhat out with inhaling PG/VG vapors while carrying nicotine into our lungs, I still think "burning" two or three chemicals beats the 600 in tobacco leaf cigarettes.

FourWinds

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
UK
It is better. It's all about harm reduction. Nobody here claims that vaping is 100% safe and/or good for you--only breathing fresh air in an unpolluted forest (on a rainy day) is completely safe. :)

However, compared to smoking--well, there's just no comparison!

Welcome aboard.

What if a bee flies up your nose!

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I smoked for over 20 years so I'm not worried. Anything is better than over a pk a day of cigs. And the ingredients in pg/vg and flavorings are used in other things we eat and inhale. If and when they make research claims I'm sure they will be biased and done to promote another agenda.

AlabamaWoody

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Huntsville, Al ,USA
I've been vaping since the 6th of Feb. Quit cigs cold turkey that day. I can breath a lot better, my Dr. listened to my lungs and said they sounded great when usually they tell me I'm wheezing !!! I seem to have more energy and I can smell and taste better. That's just from a little over two weeks of change. Can't wait to see what I feel like in a month. Got to be better. No mess, no ashes, no burning the car seat, no wife complaining, no effect on others, was suggested by 2 Doctors, etc, etc. Vape on !

teddux

Feb 26, 2014
Pipe City
  • Deleted by Dusty_D
  • Reason: Spamming for post count.

EdJuice

Moved On
Feb 26, 2014
Sheffield
www.e-juiceworld.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
I too am 41 and was smoking regularly since about 19 or 20. I recently completely quit and now vape exclusively and although my friends and family love the fact that I quit cigarettes, they really don't know what to say about vaping since they see it as "you're replacing one thing with another" or "you're still sucking in chemicals regardless".

While the jury is still somewhat out with inhaling PG/VG vapors while carrying nicotine into our lungs, I still think "burning" two or three chemicals beats the 600 in tobacco leaf cigarettes.

I was already huffing propolene glycol in my Albuteral inhaler...which I gave up in the first week of vaping and not smoking. Anybody out there need my brand new inhalors that I have left?? I thought not!! Take that Big Pharma!!

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
I'd love to see some legit reports on how vaping does or doesn't affect our lungs. With it being relatively new we may not get that for quite some time. I do know that I feel sooooo much better than I did when I started and have not had to use the 3-4 inhalers or nebulizer I once needed daily since I started vaping. That says volumes to me. I haven't had a chest cold or bronchitis since I quit cigarettes which was unheard of for me. It's just been an all-around good thing for my lungs and respiratory system. Better yet my doctors aren't complaining! :) :vapor:

birdSmok

Feb 26, 2014
O_HI_O
Long term effects.

Well I would base that on where you get your ejuice and style of delivery. If you use an analog look a like you aren't doing yourself any favors. If you move to something that you control the liquid than you are doing better. I started out with the analog look a likes with zero nicotine. There is a chemical in there I got addicted to. I then found Ego and Ejuice and don't have that addiction anymore. I fly ZERO nic. It makes for enhanced flavor. I know others need the NIC. I'm glad they are getting it this way.

Oh not worried at all. I am all ready disabled from other sicknesses and don't care.

Stay calm and vape on!

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
It is better. It's all about harm reduction. Nobody here claims that vaping is 100% safe and/or good for you--only breathing fresh air in an unpolluted forest (on a rainy day) is completely safe. :)

However, compared to smoking--well, there's just no comparison!

Welcome aboard.

last forest I was in when it rained smelled like mold and rotting leaves :)
and bear poo.... didnt see any bear tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread