EU EP TPD vote tomorrow: BT laughing all the way to hell and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albantar

Oct 16, 2013
Loenen, GLD, NL
European Parliament will cast its vote on the new tobacco Products Directive tomorrow. And whatever the outcome of the vote, champagne will flow freely in the headquarters of Big tobacco.

If EP votes "NO", then e-cigs will be saved (for now) but BT will not have to put up with stricter regulation with regards to oldfashioned tobacco products. WIN for BT.

If EP votes "YES", then BT will have to deal with more strict regulation on oldfashioned tobacco products, but e-cigs as we know them (BT's greatest foe) will be banned and the remainder will be thrown right into the lap of BT. WIN for BT.

Well played... Well played... :(

Julie W

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
European Parliament will cast its vote on the new Tobacco Products Directive tomorrow. And whatever the outcome of the vote, champagne will flow freely in the headquarters of Big Tobacco.

If EP votes "NO", then e-cigs will be saved (for now) but BT will not have to put up with stricter regulation with regards to oldfashioned tobacco products. WIN for BT.

If EP votes "YES", then BT will have to deal with more strict regulation on oldfashioned tobacco products, but e-cigs as we know them (BT's greatest foe) will be banned and the remainder will be thrown right into the lap of BT. WIN for BT.

Well played... Well played... :(

IMO we have as much if not more to fear from B.P. as B.T. at least B.T. has some financial interests like all the Ecig companies they are buying up.
Poor impoverished B.P. awhhh!:evil: stands to lose on all fronts,loss of NRT products ,loss of revenue from smoking related diseases.....Oh dear my heart just bleeds for them...(not)

Edited to add:
And they wont just lie down & take it,they will do whatever they deem necessary, to secure their investment,as Rolygate pointed out in his great post.
(grrr can't find it now)
I agree it's sickening to see it handed on a silver plate,& how long before our e liquid ends up as doctored as were their originals

Last edited:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011

FourWinds

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
UK

Julie W

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
:evil:.......................:censored:

Contrasting views coming in from today's vote on e-cigarettes. The Green group tweets: "ECR group is trying to filibuster a vote on new, stronger EU rules on #tobacco products"

2:18:

Linda McAvan, the British MEP who steered negotiations of the directive through parliament receives applause from fellow MEPs as the result is read out.
12:17:

The article requiring tougher regulation of e-cigarettes is backed by 478 votes to 130.
12:16:

And so after months of debate, MEPs approve the revised tobacco products directive by 514 votes to 66.

Last edited:

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
We must now continue our fight on a national level.

A European directive is no law. Each member state must implement the directive in its own laws, following its own democratic procedures. This process can take several years...

I know.
Most of us in Germany will drink a little something tonight - we need it - and then regroup and work on a strategy on the national level.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
I know.
Most of us in Germany will drink a little something tonight - we need it - and then regroup and work on a strategy on the national level.

BP already got Europe when they succeeded in banning the kinds of herbal preparations that have been used for thousands of years, and are sold in Health Food stores in the U.S. (though the corporations are messing that up here via marketing anyway.)

{MODERATED}

Maybe y'all would want to discuss "liberticide" with the Herbalists in Germany also? Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
BP already got Europe when they succeeded in banning the kinds of herbal preparations that have been used for thousands of years, and are sold in Health Food stores in the U.S. (though the corporations are messing that up here via marketing anyway.)

{MODERATED}

Maybe y'all would want to discuss "liberticide" with the Herbalists in Germany also? Just a thought.

hm... that may be an idea.
Although, there are sources for herbal medicines. I use them myself. They are simply declared as something else :D

Like Stevia. It took the EU years to permit Stevia as a sweetener. During that time, Stevia was sold in health food stores as an ingredient for cosmetics ( ;) ).

Last edited by a moderator:

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
hm... that may be an idea.
Although, there are sources for herbal medicines. I use them myself. They are simply declared as something else :D

Like Stevia. It took the EU years to permit Stevia as a sweetener. During that time, Stevia was sold in health food stores as an ingredient for cosmetics ( ;) ).

So there you have it! Sell 3.5-ml Novas as eyewash appliances.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Sorry - can't talk about that here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread