Auto Battery Blinking 15 Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
I'm sure this has been asked and answered a hundred times, but I keep looking for information and can't seem to find any.

I have a KR808D-1 and a couple of my automatic batteries periodically start blinking for no reason that I can figure. They will blink 15 times and then quit. When I try to vape, I get nothing but 15 more flashes. If I put the battery on the charger, then a few minutes thereafter the battery shows fully charged and I can use it again. This 15 flashes phenomenon happens sometimes when I've just taken the battery off of the charger and other times after 10 - 30 minutes of use and sometimes significantly longer. I read something about it being preferable to use a manual / protected battery if I'm going to be refilling cartos, but I want to make sure that's the issue before I spend the money on manual batts.

Anybody have any insight?

I appreciate the assistance.
Sherrick

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I wonder if the problem is the charger not the battery. Do you have another charger that you can try? I have a usb charger that indicates a full charge a minute or two after connecting the battery. Since my batteries all charge fine on other usb and wall chargers, my conclusion is that the charger is toast.

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
Try cleaning and centering the post.

A little help is needed

I'll give this a try here shortly and post back the results. Thanks!

I wonder if the problem is the charger not the battery. Do you have another charger that you can try? I have a usb charger that indicates a full charge a minute or two after connecting the battery. Since my batteries all charge fine on other usb and wall chargers, my conclusion is that the charger is toast.

Thank you for the response CES. I think I can rule out the charger as the issue, as I have more than one charger and it doesn't seem to matter which of them I use. Regardless of the charger I'm using, the flashing led problem still occurs periodically.

I wish I knew what the 15 flashes is supposed to indicate. I know that three flashes means the battery is low and needs to be recharged. What does 15 flashes mean??? :confused: Any thoughts?

nojoyet

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
Canada, near Vancouver
I've read that there can be an automatic cleaning cycle/function, perhaps that is what is being signalled?

The info below is quoted from an Njoy site:

"Internally controlled by a micro-computer program, the NPRO and NCIG have an automatic cleaning function. When the user has inhaled for 1,500 times, the indicator light will shine continuously for 15-20 seconds while the product begins an automatic cleaning process. This process will not affect the use of the product."

Both models have automatic batteries.

Scared me half to death the first time it happened8-o

RoKeM

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
Dallas, TX.
When I first started vaping I had a blu (please, no snickering). It would flash like this if I over used it. It seemed every time I would be taking several pulls on it (Gigity) it would flash a buch of times and stop working for a few seconds. After questioning Blu about this I was told it was a built in safety that kept me from letting the battery get to hot. Maybe this is the same issue with your auto batteries? I quit using the automatic batts after I got away from the Blu and moved to the 510, so I don’t know about other auto batts but it may be worth asking the folks you got it from.

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
brandon555 ~ Originally I charged them for about 12 hours before the first use. After that, I typically charge them overnight while I sleep. Average probably 5 to 6 hours for one of them and some additional time for the other.

If the battery is supposed to blink 15 times to indicate that a charge is needed, what does it mean when it only blinks 3 times???

Moshmarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2010
Minneapolis
Blinking 3 times...I have an older kr8 battery with a 5 second cutoff, whenever i exceed that (quite often, really), it blinks 3 times, even when fully charged. I can keep using it right away, and it seems normal. When it dies on me, I get the 15 blinks, I can't even get vapor out of it anymore at that point, every time i try it just starts with the 15 blinks again. Anyhow, IMHO, noob that I most certainly am, the 3 blinks just means "no! bad!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread