Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
So you prefer girth to length, eh?

I cannot speak for every ego on the market, but I have a 1300 mah SMOK E-max. It's just like the twist except it also has variable wattage (instead of just voltage). It is longer and fatter than the average ego battery. The mini protank looks kinda weird on it because the battery is fatter than the tank. Same thing for the SMOK Aro tank. Standard 510 tanks would probably look better on it, tbh. The battery itself is about 5 inches long.

Word of caution about this battery: while it vapes fine and the battery does appear to provide 1300mah of vaping time, it has its idiosyncrasies. The "low battery warning" light does not work properly. This is a problem with pretty much all of the batteries (I googled it and found lots of people with the same issue). When you get the warning light, the battery is dead (which makes a "warning" useless). It's not a big deal because after using it, I know how long I can expect it to last (about 10-12 hours for me on 8 watts. I vape HEAVY). More moderate vapers get 2 days out of it. People who use it sparingly (like say on lunch breaks and after dinner) would probably get 3 or more days from it.

It also is tricky to charge. The charge light (on the charger itself) will show orange when it's full instead of green. This is also an issue many people (and not just me) have. But this also depends on the charger. It behaves weirdly on some ego chargers but not on others.

But other than these two nuisances (which aren't a huge deal if you know to expect them), it is probably worth about the $30 you will pay for it. This battery is definitely fatter than a standard ego and a full size protank would not look as out of place on it.

mobocracy

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Minneapolis
Looking to upgrade from a 900 Ego to a spinner, but they are so long 1100-1300. Can I find one that is fatter and not as long. Fatter would work better for my PT3 as I wouldn't need the beauty ring. Thanks.

I'm with you -- I'd love a VV 1000+ eGo that was no longer than an EVOD. Not sure what the technical reasons are for the long design, but I suspect it has something to do with the size of the commonly available batteries used in them. Easier to stack cylinders than to try to arrange them in a circle, although maybe they could make one based on an 18650 cell.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
I'm with you -- I'd love a VV 1000+ eGo that was no longer than an EVOD. Not sure what the technical reasons are for the long design, but I suspect it has something to do with the size of the commonly available batteries used in them. Easier to stack cylinders than to try to arrange them in a circle, although maybe they could make one based on an 18650 cell.

They also need an inch or two for the circuit board that controls the VV in the device.

Rosenec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Mine works great, haven't hade any problems. Here is a photo for size reference.
3bd22e4d043c8f9908ee3350677dd0b4_zpsbaccc7e4.jpg

From left to right
sid, coolfire 1, 900 ego, 1500vv, 1100 v2 VV/VW, mvp 2

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I really like the size of this, I just think wider and shorter makes more sense. It looks so much better than the V2 next to it, especially once you put a beauty ring on it.

...and I'm guessing that if you use a T3/T3S it would look even better, without any sleeve/beauty ring.... Here the ring is used only because the topper has a 510 not an eGo connection and the T3S (3.0ml) will hold as much or more than the vivi or protank (2.5ml). If you need glass, a mini protank would look good.

Rosenec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Buffalo, NY
...and I'm guessing that if you use a T3/T3S it would look even better, without any sleeve/beauty ring.... Here the ring is used only because the topper has a 510 not an eGo connection and the T3S (3.0ml) will hold as much or more than the vivi or protank (2.5ml). If you need glass, a mini protank would look good.

The tank that is on there now is a glass vision victory 5 ml. It is ego threaded like the t3s, no beauty ring.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The tank that is on there now is a glass vision victory 5 ml. It is ego threaded like the t3s, no beauty ring.

Ok. That 'step down' threw me - looks like a type B sleeve. I may have a different definition for 'beauty ring' but I did say 'sleeve/beauty ring :) So that's part of the vision victory 5? Pretty sure there would be no 'step down' with the T3/T3S though.

Rosenec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Ok. That 'step down' threw me - looks like a type B sleeve. I may have a different definition for 'beauty ring' but I did say 'sleeve/beauty ring :) So that's part of the vision victory 5? Pretty sure there would be no 'step down' with the T3/T3S though.

Guess there was some confusion. It is part of the vision tank, and you are correct there is no step down with the t3s. That's the tank that is on the mvp.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Guess there was some confusion. It is part of the vision tank, and you are correct there is no step down with the t3s. That's the tank that is on the mvp.

I know them well - it's almost all I use on my eGos. And it should be a bit shorter too - which is what some are looking for - big mAh short fat vv batt that still holds 3ml of juice in a small form. A true 'all day vape' set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread